• AFA is the biggest and most dangerous hate group in existence

My father listens to these bias and illogical arguments that preach intolerance. If this is not hate I do not know what is. These people do not understand any other opinion other than their own. It is okay to be for God, But this is true hypocrisy at its finest to blasphemy others. God shall hath no mercy on these demons, That act as if they are for God; using his platform to promote intolerance and that if you are not saved you are going to hell. Any Christian knows, You are supposed to bring people to Christianity with simply just the word; not your own discriminatory language! He is FURIOUS, And I will pray for these twisted souls that see the darkness and not the light. Who hath accept Jesus when they have been called faggots, Sluts, Whores; does that sound like Jesus America? Did Jesus cuss or did you? I wish mercy on your ignorant souls. The Bible says to speak his word, It shall stand alone. ALONE ALONE, NOT ADDED HUMAN HATE SPEECH. Pray for this bigotry for it is worse than homosexuality. For they have shut more people out of the kingdom of God than they have let in.

• Yes, clearly they are.

They are a group that openly advocates discrimination, bigotry and intolerance based on sexual orientation. They are immune to the science that has proven time and again people are indeed born that way. Being gay is not a lifestyle choice, as basically NOBODY would choose to be ostracized, be the butt of jokes for the rest of their life, be treated as a second-class citizen and cut down the number of potential mates by about 98%. Nobody would choose that. It is something that people have no control over. Nobody can choose who they're attracted to.

I don't care a whit what the A.F.A. Claims its beliefs are and how they shouldn't be labeled a hate group because of their beliefs. If I started a group that said that contrary to scientific fact people of African descent aren't really human and advocated that they be denied basic human rights and returned to slavery, handing out pamphlets and handbills with my anti-African message on them then don't you think my group would be labeled a hate group? But but but ... That's just my beliefs and how dare you label me a hater because of my beliefs, right? Well that's precisely the position the A.F.A. Has proudly taken with regard to gays and lesbians. They're a hate group, plain and simple. If someone can't see that they're in the same league as the A.F.A. Morons.

• According to SPLC, Yes

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, the American Family Association is a hate group for "demonizing propaganda" against homosexuals. The AFA can have its opinions all it wants to just like any other entity. When it starts to infringe upon the rights of an entire group of people, that's when hate group status is earned. Instead of promoting hate as part of a fundamentalist Christian value, the AFA should love its neighbors as itself.

• Yes, the American Family Association is indeed a hate group.

Yes, the American Family Association can be called a hate group. Any group which promotes intolerance and bias against or exclusion of any group based on race, creed, color, sex or sexual orientation is a hate group. Speaking under the guise of religious beliefs, the American Family group promotes boycotting of businesses or products which promote inclusion and tolerance of minority groups, including homosexuals. If a group is not promoting tolerance and acceptance to further harmony among people and communities but instead chooses to champion bigotry and exclusion, it is by definition a hate group.

• AFA Hates Homosexuals and other things.

A hate group can be defined in a number of ways. The simplest explanation is a group that supports any oppression of another group. With that established, the American Family Association openly supports the oppression of anything involving homosexuals. The AFA has been quite vocal about this. They do not want homosexual content on TV, on the Radio, or in any other public forum. They support the oppression of anything that does not fit their strict Christian values. If shown evidence of homosexuality, they will scowl and curse the act. That is as plain a definition of hate as anyone could expect.

• Not even close to a hate group but Bryan Fischer isn't doing AFA any favors with LGBT people. . .

The ENTIRE reason why people think AFA is a hate group is because of seemingly demonizing anti-LGBT propaganda/commentary coming from shows like Focal Point with Bryan Fischer. I don't believe Bryan intends to do any harm but he clearly has upset many people over his strong stance and especially insists on the Nazis having roots with homosexuality which may or may not be entirely true (I haven't researched that idea well enough to say for sure. . . )

In either case I don't feel this makes AFA a hate group because this is one topic that AFA is being bullied on primarily because Bryan has said things about LGBT in a unloving way. . .

Calling AFA a hate group is similar to calling Chick-Fil-A a hate group which is completely irrational and many secularists choose to play dirty over how the owners of Chick-Fil-A were giving donations to Christian organizations who have a strong stance against LGBT. . . Not a hate group either just a place that makes good Chicken and love the Lord and his commands for our lives.

I wish Bryan Fischer would see that continuously harping the same seemingly hateful message is not going to bring homosexuals to Christ but rather has the opposite effect. . .

• A Non-Profit Organization

According to Wikipedia the AFA defined itself as "a Christian organization promoting the biblical ethic of decency in American society with primary emphasis on television and other media," later switching their stated emphasis to "moral issues that impact the family." Overall the organization promotes fundamentalist Christian values, generally in what I would term as a conservative fashion. Their tenets are not held the same as many Americans but that does not make them a hate group, just a misguided group.

• They have honest opinions.

No, the American Family Association is not a hate group, because they do not hate people, just because they disagree with their way of life. People who preach tolerance are tolerant of everyone accept for the people who dare to disagree with someone's opinion. Tolerance really means that no standards are acceptable at all. The AFA is a fine, loving organization designed to support the interests of the traditional family.