Is the Bible one of the saddest books ever written?

Asked by: JohnsonMcJohnson
  • Nobody wins in the end

It starts off with the main character, God, Who creates the garden of Eden, Which is the most perfect place on earth. Unfortunately the man he created screwed it all up and Adam and Eve are kicked out of the Garden of Eden, Cutting the connection they had with God. Very sad. Fast forward a bunch and God has desperately tried to get along with his rebellious people but His standards are too high and the people care too little. So then God sends His son, Jesus Christ, Who he loves very much but is willing to sacrifice for His rebellious people. Meanwhile, He allows Satan to torment and tempt his people so mankind is getting walloped. So Christ tells everyone to be a good person and then dies a gruesome death, Raises from the dead and ascends into heaven. But people still don’t care, And instead they take God’s kindness and they throw it back in his face. In the end, God doesn't save everyone or even most people. Satan drags most people down to hell with him, So that’s a loss for Satan and mankind, Then God is wrathful at everyone because Satan “won” (it seems more to me like if God and Satan were playing a game of monopoly and Satan wins the game because God lets him, But then God gets up and kicks Satan in the face, Breaking all his teeth and saying that he won). But God still didn’t save everyone and the beautiful earth that he created is not a bottomless pit of burning sulfur. The only people that you could really argue that win are the people that believed in God.

• I say no

I say no because my diary is super sad because my gf broke up with me and then my dad divorced my mom and I just got a letter from my college saying I've been expelled for being too sad. My dog also just died and I'm very sad. Please send love, And prayers.

• Did you even READ it Johnson? Or just seek to slander God.

It is a tragedy but has hope in the end
    God made everything perfect and he gave people free will. Satan was the true villain who tricked Eve and Adam who loved her to eat of the fruit and both became cursed.
    God did not completely kill mankind but we all are dead inside and die a little each day.
    Cain killed Able just like today where bad people kill innocent people.
    Satan is the accuser and seeks to kill or steal or destroy. His followers do the same.
    Everyday so many people die by drunk drivers or serial killers murder or by random shooters. Everyday people are cheated and have to work for pennies a day. Some have their lands taken away. Politicians eat the money of the people. The sea and earth are being destroyed.
    Now in this day and Age people are selfish and want fame and power and wealth and would sell their souls and their own mothers to Satan.
    Jesus came to free us from the devil and from death.
    AND WHAT DO PEOPLE LIKE YOU DO?
    You mock Jesus even though he healed the sick, You belittle him even though he fed people, You curse his name even though he resurrected a widow's son. You degrade him when he did more good than you or professors could ever do.
    Jesus will only take those who listened and truly received him.
    Heaven will be filled with righteous people and with the innocent.
    You who commit crimes and steals and lies will stay. Jesus gave you all the chances and you would rather reject him.
    God will create a New heaven and the people will finally be at peace because Sin and Death and all of the evil people will be gone.
    I suggest you read the last 3 chapters again Johnson.

But has hope in the end
    AND WHAT DO PEOPLE LIKE YOU DO?

• It's a bittersweet book.

The Bible, Like any book, Has its sad points, Yet through all that it's the most beautiful and exciting book one could ever read. It's the book that introduces us to God and to Jesus, The gateway to Heaven. It starts out in a garden where everything is perfect, But mankind disobeys God and brings sin into the world. Johnson's point of view is one that believes in God's wrath and punishment. Yes, He does punish the wrongdoers, But somehow Johnson managed to completely lose sight of grace and redemption. Adam and Eve were forced to leave the garden. But God didn't shove them into a hell hole because they did wrong. He sent them into a beautiful world, Imperfect though it may be. God isn't just stringing us along until he can send some of us to hell to suffer; he's giving all of us a chance at redemption. The Bible can be a struggle to read, But in it is a God with perfect love. You've probably heard this analogy a lot, But God doesn't punish us because he hates us. He's our dad who punishes us because he loves us and because he wants to set us on the right path. The Bible is the guidebook for this crazy adventure of life. Yes, Jesus died on the cross. That's the most unfair thing that's ever happened in this world. But God brought him back. He died so that we can have eternal life. Your view point reminds me of the old testament. The Old Testament is a wonderful book, But salvation then was about law. We're living in the New Covenant, Where salvation comes through faith because of God's amazing grace.

I don't usually participate in debates; I prefer to just read them. But somehow I felt like I had to answer this one. Believe me, My goal here isn't to prove anyone wrong or make anyone feel condemned. I just wanted to share how I feel and maybe help someone understand this better. Thanks for reading this and God bless.

• The Bible Is Not A Book and It Is Disrespectful To Consider It As One

The bible is not a book. The bible is what connects our world and the stories of heaven, And all of the things that shaped who we are today and how this world is today. The bible will be our greatest weapon when the day of evil comes, And when we take our stand against the devils schemes. The bible is not a sad book, Nor is it a book at all. It is a weapon against the devil, The only one that we have so far.

• I could think of sadder books, But really it is the happiest book ever written.

I would agree that there are parts of it that are sad in it; although, It is definitely not the saddest book ever written. For instance, When Jesus died on the cross, Was sad. Then on the third day, He rose again from the dead conquering death. The part I don't understand is why you're saying that the saddest book in the world is the Bible? When God sent his son to die for us it was him sparing some of us, He showed us mercy when we deserved none. The best part is that Jesus never actually stayed dead. God even says that we will be tempted and will go through trials but he will always provide a way of escape for us. After a while, Jesus sends out the apostles and they do wondrous things in his name, For his glory. Then a persecutor of them Saul (later Paul) converts to something just because he was blinded for a few days. The Bible is a joyous, Redemptive story of a loving God who wants us to love him with our own free will and glorify him.

Our only purpose in life whether you are a Christian or not is To Glorify God. He made us to glorify him and to glorify him we need to love him and keep his commands.

I respect what you are saying I just know it's not true. Have a nice day and God Bless. I will pray for you.