Is the Federation really like Root Beer as described in the Deep Space Nine episode "The Way of the Warrior"?

• The Federation is still great in the Deep Space Nine era

From the Deep Space Nine episode
    "The Way of the Warrior" the dialogue between Quark & Elim Garak goes. . . .
    "GARAK: Might I trouble you for a glass of kanar?
    QUARK: Help yourself. It's on the house.
    GARAK: How uncharacteristically generous of you.
    QUARK: I'm in an uncharacteristic mood. Besides, I've got eighty cases of this stuff sitting in my stockroom. And the way things are going, I'll never unload another bottle unless it's to you.
    GARAK: How thoughtless of me not to consider the effect the destruction of my homeworld would have on your business. These must be trying times for you. Be brave.
    QUARK: I should've listened to my cousin Gaila. He said to me, Quark, I've got one word for you. Weapons. No one ever went broke selling weapons. But did I take his advice? No. And why not? Because I'm a people person. I like interacting with my customers. Like you and I are doing right now. Talking to each other, Getting to know one another
    GARAK: I can see the attraction for you.
    QUARK: But when you're dealing in weapons, Buyers aren't interested in casual conversation. They just want their merchandise, No questions asked. It's so impersonal.
    GARAK: Your charms would be wasted.
    QUARK: Exactly. So now Gaila owns his own moon, And I'm staring into the abyss. And the worst part is, My only hope for salvation is the Federation.
    GARAK: I know precisely how you feel.
    QUARK: I want you to try something for me.
    (He pours a glass of foamy brown stuff. )
    QUARK: Take a sip of this.
    GARAK: What is it?
    QUARK: A human drink. It's called root beer.
    GARAK: I don't know.
    QUARK: Come on. Aren't you just a little bit curious?
    (Garak sips)
    QUARK: What do you think?
    GARAK: It's vile.
    QUARK: I know. It's so bubbly and cloying and happy.
    GARAK: Just like the Federation.
    QUARK: But you know what's really frightening? If you drink enough of it, You begin to like it.
    GARAK: It's insidious.
    QUARK: Just like the Federation.
    GARAK: Do you think they'll be able to save us?
    QUARK: I hope so"

Bonduel says2020-12-18T15:14:19.707
Love the saga soooo much!