Is the Nordic Model Socialism, Or merely a more humane progressive variant of Capitalism?

Asked by: billsands
  • Say yes everyone

My parents always tell me to say yes and accept anyone else's offer. This means if a person in a party offered me a spiked drink, I will accept the drink because I was taught so. If someone asked if I can get punched in the face, I SAY YES!

• The Nordic Model is capitalistic

First off: How are you supposed to answer an X or Y question with Yes/No? I'm slightly confused, but I assume No means "No, it's not socialism".
    The Nordic Model has a free market but makes sure nobody just... Starves on the street. So, yes, it is a more humane version of capitalism.
    BUT, one thing that people forget, is that it still exploits 3rd world countries. The way that capitalism works is that if you get more for your work, than someone else gets less for the same work. That's why we have 3rd world countries: Us, the wealthiest 1/3 gets more - even more than we need - while the other 2/3s get less and thus starve. And the same happens within Western countries too, but the Nordic Model eliminates that. Now they have less of that inequality within their country, but they - as a whole country - are still exploiting 3rd world countries.

But, like I said, it is still more progressive than what people have in the U.S. lot better. Because at least they don't have as many empty homes and homeless people at the same time lol.

• Its merely social democracy

The nordic model is based on market principles, With a huge welfare state, Social democrats ran the nordic regions nations for many years a few still are, Social democracy sought to reform the bad aspects of capitalism not abolish it. Capitalism is the most productive system, The nordic nations try to harness this prosperity into the social commodities. . And in that way they succeed, But no no it is not a form of socialism, Just a left wing form of capitalism. No real world economy is all socialist or all capitalist so in a way its a silly thing to argue, But much confusion exists because the terms capitalist and Socialist are so misused constantly

>