• Crisis Intervention Is Wroking

I believe that ttherapeutic crisis intervention is working in our schools. It seems like every time you hear about something bad happening at a school, they go on to say that there are grief counselors on hand. Can we ask for more than that? Most kids don't have grief often, and as such it makes sense to bring counselors in when you actually need them

• They wear many hats.

Yes, therapeutic crisis intervention is enough of an area of emphasis for school counselors, because school counselors have so many things to focus on. School counselors have to help children with their academics, but they also have to deal with children with mental health issues, and help with special plans for special needs students. Crisis intervention is one of many duties.

• No it's not enough

I also believe therapeutic crisis intervention needs more approaches because these counselors at school only focus on helping students involving their academics. But counselors are there to help students as well with their emotional health. Students don't normally open up to counselors, But when they do school counselors either avoid it or don't take it seriously. Or sometimes do something worse (believe me I know). My old high school is a relatively large school, And there are many, Many guidance counselors, But not a lot of students open up to their counselors about stress. I, Thinking that my counselor Kim Bosco (Kimberly Bosco, I believe was her name), Came to her to speak about my emotional stress from school and family. She quickly jumped to conclusions and called a child association. She, Based on my race and religion, Quickly jumped to a conclusion and assumed something more was going on at home than just stress. Without my parent's consent she decided to call a organization for child services. This happened three years ago, And now they made a referral to another family organization to investigate my family. Because of my guidance counselors inability to communicate and have a conversation with me about emotional stress, That organization continues to harass and break my family apart while Bosco sits at her office as if nothing ever happened.
    School counselors need training on how to handle an emotional situation with a student, Not just academics.

• Therapeutic crisis intervention needs more approaches

Although therapeutic crisis intervention is an important tool in the arsenal of techniques for the high school guidance counselor, there are many other tools and techniques that counselors need to be familiar with and trained in. With all of the problems facing children these days, we can't afford to simply take one approach.

• No It's Not

I do not believe therapeutic crisis intervention is enough of an area of emphasis for school counselors. I think these counselors need to be able to offer more services than just crisis intervention. From my time in school all I remember counselors doing is setting up schedules and talking to a student if they thought there was a problem, particularly a behavior problem. I think these counselors could be better utilized, but for whatever reason, they aren't.