Is there any evidence to support the existence of Jesus Christ

Asked by: smilinbobs64
  • If you would read the Bible then you would see.

Some people say that the bible is a random book that some person wrote and that it is all fake. However the bible is like the constitution of the United States in the way that they are both historical documents. If the Bible is fake and God is not real then why are so many people in the world going to church to praise his name and learn more about him?

• A man named Jesus.

Outside of Christians, There is evidence that a man named Jesus Christ did exist as he is mentioned in both Jewish and Roman documents of that time. Tho they do point that a man named Jesus did exist but they only mention tales of his great ability with no statements that he had some supernatural power(s). Basically they only state how his (Christ's) people claim he had powers and not that they witnessed it.
    Arthur C. Clarke once said “Magic's just science that we don't understand yet. ” At the time of Christ, Scientific knowledge was limited to very few people such as nobles and religions leaders. Clergies often used science to make people believe that their faith could do miracles. The bible even mentions how young Jesus would often speak with religious leaders so there is good probability that he gained much of their knowledge in science as a result. Is there any wonder why he was known to heal people? Performing acts of science would likely convince the ignorant people that he had some supernatural ability. Between that and how some may exaggerate things, It's no wonder people were convinced of his great power.

On a side note:
    If we look at people associated with Jesus's birth (the three wise-men), We know they associated with astronomy. Being close subject of a king, They too would have knowledge of science so the name (wise-men) is quite fitting. Thing is, We also know them by another name. Magi. Obviously that name is in close relationship with the word Magic. One problem that religions had was keeping sciences a secret. No matter if the religions got the knowledge from others or others got the knowledge from them, There were people outside the religion that practiced science. Obviously they couldn't tell people that what these people were doing was not supernatural because that would give themselves away as well. What did they do? The demonized them by claiming that they were using the powers of demons and not god. For instance, If someone was making medicine to cure people outside the religion, They would just demonize them as being a witch and you know what they did with witches back then.

• Jesus is alive!

No-one has proof that Jesus existed, All we have to do is fully believe that he died on the cross to take away our sins. People say the bible is not true because it was written by man, Well so are all the other religions as well as evolution. If God didn't create us, Then who did?
    There are also many ways God shows his love toward us.

• Atheist personalities are like steaming shitholes.

No matter how much you try to wipe them with the truth, They still keep spitting out more angry little turd nuggets on anonymous forum boards. Very brown noise.

Christians under Jesus Christ may not be a threat to you, But guess what you stupid fucks: You've opened the Floodgates for Islam to come in and kick your ass. If they can take out the Notre Dame Cathedral and get away with that scot-free, Just imagine what they can do to all of the idols that you pussies hold sacred.

We'll do our thing, Turn the other cheek and all that jazz - but we'll pray for you while the descendants of the people we fought the f***ing crusades against to defend your ancestors are now mercilessly hacking you and your ilk to pieces. It's not going to be a happy day, But fuck you for betraying us for the devil.

• There is evidence for Jesus's existence.

There is evidence for Jesus's existence. Also, The vast majority of scholars don't doubt the existence of Jesus. And, The only people who do, Are people who don't have academic careers (E. G Richard Carrier. ) So, Meaning that yes, There is evidence Jesus's existence. And, That's about it. Change my mind.

• There is more historical evidence for the existence of Jesus then most prominant figures of ancient history.

Besides the writings of his followers (New Testament writers, Church Fathers). There are other non-Christian sources: Highly reliable sources: Tacitus and Josephus. Moderately reliable sources: Thallus, Pliny, And Lucian. Marginally reliable or unreliable sources: Suetonius, The letter of Mara Bar-Serapion, And the Talmud.
    Socrates never wrote anything and was mentioned once by Plato, Yet no one doubts his existence. The earliest know manuscript of that Plato work is over 500 years (probably longer) after its origins. The evidence for Jesus mentioned above starts within one to two generations after the death of Jesus.

• I'm no historian,

But I'm pretty sure there's evidence in Israel. If memory serves, The cave he was put in after he died on the cross is quite the tourist attraction. But God isn't a concept with much evidence, Aside from in the Middle East. These questions arise, And the majority is often in favor of evidence because (1 they do research better than me and (2 It's a leap of faith.

• He exists but there is not any evidence that he was magic or anything.

As an atheist, I hate t admit Jesus was a real guy, But even I know he was real, Just like Johnny Appleseed. If the question was did Jesus preform miracles than a resounding NO would be my answer but Jesus was a real guy. Again there is proof Jesus existed, But no proof he did miracles

• Is there any evidence of the existence of anyone who's bodies haven't been found or haven't written about themselves?

How is the Bible any less credible?
    How are all the roman records any less credible?
    How do we even know the past existed?
    There is outstanding evidence of Jesus Christ existing.
    Why would so many early Christians who saw Jesus Himself swear by it even when they were murdered?

• Whether or not you believe in the spiritual side of things, Jesus is a historical figure

Personally, I don't believe in the biblical side of the story. However, If we're talking about if Jesus existed as a human being then yes, There is plenty of evidence to support that. Using only non-christian sources, You are able to accurately trace out Jesus's journey from Jerusalem to Golgotha.

• There is no credible evidence for the existence of Christ

If we are to look at the Historical Jesus vs the Mythical Jesus we find that like so many of the other Myths of that era the stories were told they were written about but there is no actual evidence to support them.
    The period in which the Gospel of Mark was written is well known among scholars of ancient literature as an era of allegorical writing. Allegory is defined as follows:
    Allegory is a form of extended metaphor, In which objects, Persons, And actions in a narrative, Are equated with the meanings that lie outside the narrative itself. The underlying meaning has moral, Social, Religious, Or political significance, And characters are often personifications of abstract ideas as charity, Greed, Or envy.
    In essence, An allegory is a symbolic narrative. Allegorical writing was prominent in the Greek speaking world from about the 5th century BCE onward, But there was a particular revival of allegorical writing in the 1st century CE among both Jews and Neo-Platonic Greeks and Romans. Indeed the Jewish writer Philo wrote about symbolic and allegorical interpretation of the Hebrew scriptures shortly before Paul began writing his first letters about Jesus. If we look at how the Scriptures are written vs historical accounts it is easy to see that they are allegorical fictions.
    The big problem with the Christ story from a historical perspective is that outside of these allegories there is nothing mentioned in Greek, Hebrew or roman literature during the time that this Christ was supposed to have lived by any of the historians or scribes.

• No conclusive evidence that suggests his existence.

I've actually already written a research paper that's called "The Jesus Claim, " I'll link at the bottom. But for now let's summarize. There was a whole bunch of confusion between Chrestos and Christos. That's where the figure got the Christ from. And there were already other legends of demigods and gods he was clearly based on. For example: Dionysus turning water into wine is where they got Jesus's supposed miracle of it. That's the basics.
    Https://22childersx. Wixsite. Com/website

• No evidence of Christ, My fellow goyim.

Jesus Christ was an evil man that is now rotting in a vat of human waste in Hell. He tried to bring his fellow Pharisee Jews into Roman establishment. Assimilation for us Jews is the extinction of our tribe. Jesus did not want us to vie for control of the empire, Instead he wanted us to mix with the Roman people. Well, Guess what? Now we're promotion miscegenation among Whites with immigrants from every third world country for being staunchly Christian in culture. This is our Rabbinic revenge against gentiles. We also push White Christians to fight against our enemies and to defend Israel's borders. Christians truly are none the wiser. We buy your politicians and have them reelected if they're Zionist in nature. Enjoy the ride fellow goyim.

• Absolutely not. Sorry.

Sorry to burst your bubble. But if you are that easily fooled or offended, I warn you to stay away from the internet for your own good.

The bible is fake. How can we trust a book that has no evidence? So 4 people saw "god". How do we know they weren't lying for their own benefit?
    The reason so many people believe it is 1. Their parents told them from when they were young so they do it. 2. They are depressed and want someone to trust(god).
    Where is the science in this? Please show me a videotape of god and I'll believe.
    To those people who say god gives them a reason not to be mean:
    I am nice because I choose to be, Not because I am a mean person afraid to get punished by god if I don't be nice. So you're saying if god wasn't here, You'd all be a terrible person? I don't think so!

• Not really if you think about it

There is no real proof for anyone, Even Christians. There is the bible of course, But who can really say how accurate that is. I'm not saying there isn't God. I'm just saying that if you're religious than you don't need proof, You just need to have faith that he's there and believe in him.

• Yes, And no

Now, This might be confusing, However, Let me elaborate. The definition of evidence is this:
    "evidence
    /ˈɛvɪd(ə)ns/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid"

However, I am going to presume that what you actually mean with this question, Is whether or not there is sufficient evidence to warrant belief that jesus christ has existed

I've seen a few responses using bible, And only written accounts as "sufficient" evidence for the existence, However, That is just not going to cut it

Even if we conceded that there is sufficient evidence Christ was a real person, That does not entail that the claims within bible of his powers to come back from the dead and heal sick to be real

For instance, If i say Jack murdered John, And you ask me "Ok what evidence do you have to support that", It would be ludicrous for me to respond with "Jack exists"

You need to prove the actions described within the bible, And there is no sufficient evidence for that. But regardless, No there is no sufficient evidence for the existence of Jesus.

• Things just don't match

God is claimed to know everyone by heart. If he knew me well enough, He would've known that stories in a book simply isn't enough proof for me to believe that it was true.

I can write a book now of how damn epic I am and that I can make pigs fly, And 2000 years later, Someone can pick it up and start truly believing in it- it still doens't make it true.

• I believe Jesus Christ was a real man but I don't believe he had any power

The idea of "God" is very unethical to me. I believe life and even this planet started randomly by a cause of natural events. I don't believe that a super being made it. If god was real, Why does he cause so most suffering? I know why of course, Because he wants to test us so we will be worthy of "heaven". Sorry this is all opinions because I'm an atheist so obviously I don't believe in this.

• There is no definitive evidence.

And no, The Bible is not convincing evidence. The proof is here: 1. Can people lie (yes) 2. Can people write books (yes) 3. Can people lie in books (yes). There is absolutely no proof that a book written thousands of years ago is accurate or not. A book can never be considered evidence. I agree with the morals associated with Christianity, And it is quite possible that a person named Jesus did exist and did preach his religious beliefs, But it is not possible to prove this.

• This is a literal fantasy.

There is only written documents of Jesus Christ. Do you really think that Jesus Christ is real. People cannot even decide what race he is half of the time. Do you really think there is non-written proof of Jesus? No, We have yet to see that.
    You cannot prove the Bible with the Bible. Anybody can write a book about anything. When the Bible was written, People still believed the Earth was flat. Do you really think that book is 100% undeniably real and proves the existence of a literal zombie?

ReyCola2 says2019-08-15T01:32:56.457
Praise Jesus!