• It is undeniably true

It is clear that the creator of the show Backyardigans lives a sheltered existence since the show takes place in a utopian dreamland. This leads me to believe that the creator had never seen a black person before. When he was forced to add diversity to the cast, Uniqua was created in the image of what he thought a black person looks like. Therefore, Despite the lack of dark skin, Uniqua is black.

• Obvious Racial undertones

Not a coincidence that every other character is defined as a specific animal- except Uniqua. She is “her own unique species/creature” according to available information. Why is she distinct from the rest of the group? Black women have always been policed, Micro managed & viewed less or different smh Nickelodeon

• The Backyardigans are multicultural

The creator of the show, Janice Burgess, Clearly intended for The Backyardigans to be a culturally and ethnically diverse group, Even if we he working with non-human technicolored animals. Shaniqua is a common black given name, Which I what Uniqua is a pun on. Her voice actor, Jamiah Nash is a black woman, Meaning that she is black. Same goes for Tyrone. Black name. Black VA. Leon Thomas. Other characters, While voiced by white actors, Are obviously meant to be different races, Judging by their names. Tasha is Asian, Austin is an Australian Aboriginal, And Pablo is Hispanic (and he’s had multiple different voice actors over the run of the show for some reason and all of those voice actors were Jewish). The Backyardigans was the most diverse cultural melting pot in all of children’s television.

• Shanequa is a nigga

She the baddest bitch she is the thickest woman in the world, And only black girls are pretty. She got the thickest booty in the world and she give the best succc. She never stops flirting w pablo but she be f***ing that nigga tyrones bbc so yes she is black

• Castaway episode-- clearly racist.

All the minority backyardigans: Uniqua, Pablo, And Tyrone are on a cast away island. Pablo is a typically LatinX name and Tyrone seems black-coded. So, I feel like that means they are all put on the island since they're all of color. And then, Austin sees them and says he is too afraid to approach them, Why is that? Racism in NickJr thats what.

• Shes africana bitch!

SHES f***ing AFRICAN AND I CAN PROVE IT!
    SHE HAS BLACK SKIN
    SHE HAS BLACK EYES
    HER DAD IS BLACK
    HER MOM LIKES BBC
    ITS f***ing PROVEN SHES AFRICANA GRANDE!
    KAKAAKAKAK AKAKAKAKAKAA AKAKAKAKAKAK AKAKAKAKAAKA AKAKAAKAAKAK AKAKAKAKAAK AKKAAKAK AKAKAKAKA i need 10 more words ugh help me i hate my life

• Shiiiiiiiiiit… she blacker than night, Cuz

I'm not talking about color here, Folks - I'm talking culturally. And this pink blob is black as black can be. She's so black, The soul train stops to pick her up from school. She's so black, Beyonce opens for her. She's so black, Inner city schools get her birthday off. She's so black, She bleeds biscuit gravy. She's so black, The United Negro College Fund has a scholarship in her name. She's so black, Kaepernick took a knee to protest Backyardigans having commercials. Ya dig?

• She's an anthropomorphic animal.

The Backyardigans isn't about the color of a person. It's about using your imagination and having fun with friends. Saying that any of the characters have specific ethnicities is looking at the wrong thing. Whether or not she was black, It doesn't matter. This is a children's TV show, And if you're concerned about Uniqua being black, You're paying attention to something that doesn't matter in the show.

• She is an animal.

All of the characters in the backyardigans are animals. Saying Uniqua is black is like saying my dog is Indian, It doesn’t make sense. Her voice actresses are all black, But that doesn’t mean that she is. Tyrone’s voice actors are also black are we going to make the argument that the moose is also black and not a moose.

• No she pink

Just look at her she is pink. No she is not black she is pink. Enough said. Just like tyrone is orange, Tasha is yellow, Pablo is blue, And austin is purple. The backyardigans live in a world where race simply does not exist, Just vibrant colours. There. Mic drop.