• What's the Point?

It's just a plot to make couples love each other more on one day. Make Valentines day 365 days a year never give up. Why just one day? Stop thinking you can get away wit not loving each other throughout the year! Love each other no matter the day, it's not hard!

• Valentine's Day is stupid.

It's just an excuse to give people gifts "because you need to." Why only love a person on the 14th? Why not any other day? Valentine's Day may also make people feel left out if they do not have a significant other to celebrate with. This holiday also has an increased suicide rate.

• It’s literally pointless

If you wouldn’t go spend hundreds of dollars on pointless stuff for your loved one any other day, why do it on valentine’s day? After all, it is just another day. Waiting until this day just to do something that you have the power to do any other day is useless.

• Lots of bad traffic and other bad things.

Did you know that valentine's day has the highest suicide rates? Yes it's true and that's why i'm saying valentine's day is a waste of a holiday. Other than that valentine's day also is bad because of traffic, the fear of being rejected, and it’s a huge marketing ploy to sell lots of candy or other gifts.

Now let's talk about the insanely bad traffic on this horrid day. The traffic is mainly bad because all the guys forgot and were reminded by their girlfriend. So they all go and it’s super crowded from everyone else who forgot.

• Excuse for pointless money wasting

I just think you don't need a girlfriend or a wife for valentines day. I think it's just marketer's making excuses that we need to buy things for our boyfriend's, wives, Husbands and girlfriends. That's why people who are married celebrate their wedding anniversary, what is the point in another day! People start to rate one another on how much money they have, not by how much one loves someone. Traditionally in times of the Roman Empire, in the month of February they had a festival of fertility to the goddess Faunus. We shouldn't be sending fancy gifts and the finest of wines to our love we should be celebrating peace and love in humanity.

• I am emotionless.

I honestly feel nothing. No love, no happiness, no sadness, nothing. What's the point if you love not a single person? (I have 0 friends, emotionally abusive parents, am an only child, and never have been in a relationship) I've also read a fact online that says Valentine's day has the highest suicide rate compared to all the other days in the year.

• Commercialized money maker

This is just a way for commercial businesses to make money out of people who feel are lacking in their relationships. It also makes people who are not in relationships feel alone and unwanted, neither of these things should be supported as a holiday or whatever you want to call it

• Valentines day is stupid

Valentines day is a day dedicated to the commercialization of love. From an anthropological standpoint, it makes love appear to be a tangible item that can be purchased or earned. Furthermore, should every day not be a day to display your love and affection to the ones you hold dear? It is making love into something that generates a profit. The flowers and candy are a non-permanent fleeting joy, perhaps speaking to the true nature of the giver, or how they feel that love should be dropped the second it turns into a burden. It is completely destroying our civilization. We will all die out because of valentines day, leaving rabbits to rule the earth once more.

• It's a Perfect Idea but the Companies Have Ruined it.

I love the idea of Valentine's Day but the way companies have made it has made me hate it. They have made it into a money grabbing day about taking your money and putting it in thier pockets. I get that I may look like the same people who hate this holiday, I don't hate it, I love it. But you know companies make it worse for others. Men make your own gift for your lover, same goes for you ladies. I would rather have it as a day to share love then show love.

• It is stupid

It enforces these gender roles even further. You have to buy all different types of things and drain your wallet. A good day could cost you a couple hundred bucks or more. But then women say there is a pay gap and they dont make as much as men. Ohhh but you arent the one spending all your money on stupid and worthless holidays are ya

• It’s pointless and stupid

My wife and I have never celebrated Valentines Day, and honestly i don’t know many people that do. Why in the Hell would anybody celebrate this day? I guess elementary school age kids do, that seems to be the only age group that really cares ab it, well...Spoiled annoying women too i guess😑

• Valentine's Day is a GREAT holiday

Valentine's day is not a dumb holiday. It is a holiday to show how much that one person really means to you. You should not have to tell you significant other that you love them daily. This holiday is a day to show how much they truly mean to you and how greatful you are to have them in your life. Therefore, Valentine's day is not a dumb holiday.

• No, Valentine 's Day is not a stupid holiday.

I think it is great we have a day set aside to celebrate the spirit of love. Love is a powerful and great thing in life. We should observe it in all forms whether it is the love for a partner, friend, pet, or family member and spend sometime with them.

• Not Stupid, Just Overrated

Valentine's Day isn't a stupid holiday, it's just overrated. The success or failure of Valentine's Day is a myth perpetuated by contemporary consumer-based industries such as florists, chocolatiers and card makers. For a couple to have a make-or-break moment on Feb. 14 is pure folly. Everyday should be Valentine's Day for couples in love.

• Show your love

No, Valentines day is not a stupid holiday. It is a day where everyone can share their feelings for someone that they truly care about, and to give a gift to show that person how he or she really feels towards them. It is a day for expressing your love.

>