• Everyone is unfairly against Windows.

Windows is the best operating system available because of its user-friendly GUI which everyone tried to copy or beat, but failed. Windows also has the simplest installation methods. There are only two operating systems at the moment: UNIX/Linux and Windows. Everything else falls in between. If it were not for Windows we would be using poorer hardware. Being free is not an excuse to being a failure. Windows is analogous to Manchester United in English football. Everyone hates Manchester United but it is arguably one of, if not the strongest English team. By the way, MacOSX is UNIX. Linux is UNIX. Every other operating system is LINUX. Enough said.

• Yes

Window's OS is the most user friendly thing out there whether it be for gaming, word documents, presentations, or for anti-virus software. Now, Mac OS is good for the user who wants to edit music, video, and other programs of the sort. But I mean hey, I can go buy a program that I would need for that.

• Yes

Yes Windows is the best operating system. Apple has been very successful and very impressive as of late but I think Windows is still years ahead of it's competition. It has been available much longer and has a bigger base in terms of technology and company compared to apple or other operating systems

• Yes, if by "best" you mean "most user-friendly".

The criteria for "best operating system" will vary from person to person. I believe most people would consider Windows the "best" for this reason, as the average joe computer user will likely already be familiar with Windows in some form, and (as a result of its ubiquitous adoption) they can rest assured that virtually any software or hardware they purchase will work with a minimum of hassle. Other operating systems have their own strengths, but Windows just works, and that's all that most people want.

• More games on OS

The Windows OS has support for hundreds of thousands of games, compared to OS X's few dozen games. So it not only meets the expectations for office workers and student, it also meets the needs for gamers as well. The game market is quit large with lots of possible money that could be made

• Comes with everything(almost) neatly organized

I have checked out a couple of linux distros and all I found was confusion. Half of the things won't work, and I don't have the time to fix everything(nor does any sensible person). Windows works out of the box, and with some additional software it is flawless. Also it is closed source, so regular users like me don't fuck it up.

• Windows is best

It is very organized and helpful and I think that it is very nice and I appreciate it. Plus, Windows is the best operating system available because of its user-friendly GUI which everyone tried to copy or beat, but failed. The UI is very beautiful, modern, cozy, and not to mention how customizable it is. You can make it your own. I have Windows and love it!!!

:)

• Windows is best

:)

• Yes sure windows in the best!!!!!

I mean lets get real for a moment. You install windows 10 in about 45 minutes and for most linuxes its about the same but remember. Biggest base linuxes are about 1 gigabytes or 2 while windows 10 can be more than 5 gigabytes of data. And what happens when you open them. On linux there are about 2 functional buttons, 3 are nonfunctional and in those two buttons there are some pictures to play with. Maybe slide down or up. On windows though, you feel like a god. Its professional its fast, its all functional. You have a godlike user interface. The thing that linux does not have. You have those two buttons in linux, but you still search google for codes to write in terminal. Linux is free because its not worth a penny. Nobody would sell a paper without taking the money. Just not sure why people still buy android while windows phone does 10 times more. Trust me. When you work with windows you know some genius ground breaker dedicated himself to give you an operational os

• Yes sure windows in the best!!!!!

• Fuck, No!!!! Windows SUCKS

Windows Is Not Secure, It's Unstable, Forces Updates, It's Closed Sources, Not Customizable, & It's Overpriced ($120 Or More Extortionist Prices). Windows Is Not Scalable.

Linux Is Secure, Stable, Doesn't Force Updates On You, It's Open Source, It's Customizable, & Most Distributions Are Free. Linux Is Also Easier To Use & Learn The Windows. Linux Is Scaleable & Other Things Other Then Phone, Tablet, Servers, & PCs.

• Not for everyone.

Considering that Microsoft has been developing windows for lot of years now and they started to add nice features only in Windows 10 is kind of sad.
    On the other hand GNOME that is Desktop environment for GNU/Unix like OS. That had and still has the best visuals and right after comes KDE. Surely GNOME or KDE DE is not for everyone too but considering that GNU/Unix like OS is totally open-source and everyone can modify it to his or her needs. Most people don't realize that most of the servers run GNU/Linux just because its faster and more reliable. And BEST of all its totally free. On the other hand Windows costs lot of money just for 1 license and most people have more then 1 PC at home. And you can install GNU/Linux just by downloading Distribution of your choice.

• No, no, no

Windows is just not for me, it's user friendly but its to old for me. I find that windows is just too out of date, I prefer Apple. Linux is also good but mainly for business.
    In my opinion, if your looking for an operating system that is new and fresh, go with ios Apple.

• No, no, no

• The devil is in the details

What would you say if someone charged you $$ just for greeting you everyday. Like... "Howdy fella". "Okay now hand over the money."
    Windows success is marketing success rather than quality of product success. Windows has many users convinced that its proprietary software is synonymous with computers. The ubiquitous use of Windows has resulted in people being reluctant to port to other OS, mainly because they have adjusted themselves to Windows( i.E to its pro's and limitations) and/or they are unaware/uninclined to check out other alternatives which offers a lot more simplicity and robustness and in case of Open Source OS's free distribution as well( with options to modify the source). The open source community is really passionate about free software. Microsoft has slowly realised that it is in its own interests to promote the growth of Open Source community

• Extremely unstable and laggy

Only good thing about Windows is its support for gaming. I have used Windows, Linux and Apple computers. I find that Windows is like a poison that kills computers, day by day. It is also extremely unstable and picks up viruses like crazy. Please, just get a Mac or install Linux...

• Because windows is BIG and bad code...

Windows is like the unwanted child that buffalos everyone else but doesnt do well performing.
    Also because linux and unix are better performing than windows, they should be used by heavy gamers... So games should be developed for all platforms heavily including linux. If you think windows is better. Ask yourself first. Could you learn and do better. Change for better? In the end linux will be the most up-to-date platform so up yours windows.

• Just do itt

Uiljiooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouuyuyttydfy jjgh hh h hhh h hh h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h hhhhh hhhh h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h

• Windows users are ignorant

The people giving arguments for Windows being the best OS are ignorant. Just look at some of their arguments. Safari is not an OS, Windows does not have the best file management or memory management get a clue, it is laughable that you think customizing the taskbar makes it beat the customizability of linux, and stating that windows has the best anti virus software is also a pretty funny joke.

• Windows, best known - but Linux perform better.

Having enjoyed windows since ver 3.0, it was for many years only option for PC's -outside Mac world - other was Linux, but though performance was impressive, the system was for guys who mastered long command lines, and not for us in need of a GUI.

This has however changed over the last few years, GUI is now on par with windows, though not as fancy in the graphics.

AND have you first once tried how an old, slow and exhausted PC equipped with Windows can be revitalized installing, say, Ubuntu
    - I trust you would judge this OS a clear winner.

Especially when you experience that performance do not decrease over time - like all the MS OS'es do.

I have for the last 12 mths used windows 7, and was happy with the performance when new and reinstalled - however a year later it seems
    that Microsoft has not had any cure for pested registry files - so reinstall seems, still, to be only way to increase performance.

One would have expected Windows OS to have reached a higher degree of maturity over the last 25 years or so - but this problem have
    apparently not been an issue to MS - so in terms of long term reliable performance - Linux is IMHO a clear and undisputed winner.

>