Is your character reflected in the way you dress?

• Actions are by Intentions

Every action has a Intention..

Why do we choose to buy or to wear the clothes we have?
    Is the intention to be cosy? Attractive ? Revealing? Modest?
    I always wondered why a Lady would show her cleavage.. What is her intention?
    I believe What we wear is a true reflection of the heart.

• You make a conscious decision.

You make a conscious decision to put an article of clothing or something of the sort on yourself, and your decisions reflect you as a individual. You commit murder, therefore you are a murderer and possess bad moral character. You wear a plain white tee and even that shows that you like plain white t shirts and THAT reflects your character. Your decisions define you. When you go shopping, you only buy what you like, and when you wear it, you advertise that fact. So you show off your personality and reveal your character to those who see you. Make sense?

• The choice of your clothing speaks Louder than the talk

The motives of ones character is always seen by what they wear. People will always judge you by the looks. If you present yourself in cheap clothing or rugs to important people, the impression of you will be the first they remember about you. When we attend interviews, we all dare to dress presentable. You always sell yourself by your looks. No wonder they say seeing is believing and actions speak louder than words.

• I agree dress makes all the difference

People's choices in all things reflect their character, even down to the details of their clothing.

People instinctively recognize that if one chooses to wear expensive clothing, one is making an intentional statement, perhaps showing one's wealth or taste. Likewise, one is making a statement of another kind if one chooses to wear inexpensive clothing. Though, the statement, in this case, may be that clothes are not of great importance. Those who dress to accommodate the latest fashions show that they value keeping up with trends. A person's choice to wear clothing that flatters them, or that doesn't, makes a statement about their body image and self-image. Further, there's scientific research to support the idea that sartorial clues, the details of one's clothes, do have significant meaning, at least within a specific culture, to the other members of that culture.

• People's choices in all things reflect their character, even down to the details of their clothing.

Posted by: OddWilfredo67
  • Because we have the freedom to dress any way we please, I do believe that our clothes reflect our character.

Fashion has always been an important form of self-expression. Since every person chooses their own clothes, I do believe that our clothes are a reflection of our character.

Posted by: ToughEfrain26
  • When a person dresses himself or herself, then their character is expressed by their choice of clothing.

Anytime a person puts on clothes, they are expressing something about themselves. That is why we have so many clothing stores, and why so much money is spent on clothes. People like to choose their own clothes and express themselves by what they wear. People can talk a lot, but their clothes really talk more.

Posted by: MycaMy
  • Why do I make the clothes choices I make?

As a social animal, we are judged by others, on external appearance. As an emotional entity in a society, I make choices of what to wear on what I want from the groups I mix in. Clothes are a chance to play different roles, a part of character development, and finding the nebulous me.

• It is important to dress well and dress appropriately for the occasion.

Your fashion sense says a lot about your character. I can understand why girls with better fashion sense do not want to mix with girls who have poor fashion sense. Girls with better fashion sense have better social skills and they make an effort to present themselves well. Girls with poor fashion sense are more socially inept and they cannot be bothered to present themselves well. It is embarrassing to hang out with someone who cannot dress properly. Just imagine this, you bring your friend to a nice place, but she shows up in clothes that look like pajamas.

• Character isn't reflected on the way you dress .

Look, I usually dress more of a tomboy but when it comes to the time I can pretend to be girly . People judge based on your looks. If I go to the mall and look girly I may cause attention . Think about it what about when they talk to me, my personality isn't going to match with my outfit . Looks can change everyday but your character stays with you cause that's how you act . It won't reflect who you are and how you act .

• Clothing is the first impression but it is never the last impression.

Clothes aids in establishing self - identity while social- interaction, but it can't be a complete index of a person . We can just get a glimpse of a person personality by clothing not the whole look . And the best example can be Ghandhi ji " simple dressing and high thinking"

• We miss out on many opportunities by judging by appearance only.

This happens a lot. Dressing varies from land to land, and therefore judging personality on the basis of the dress someone wears is ridiculous. It doesn't even matter whether the dress looks good on him/her or not. Personality is reflected by a person's behavior, manner of speaking, and in carrying of himself.

• True character is reflected in how we behave, not how we dress.

Clothing is quite often used as costume, to convey a character or persona, which may or may not truly reflect a person's character. Bikers have a specific dress code, as do goths, preppies and prostitutes. Ted Bundy dressed preppy and was a serial killer. Bikers appear as social outcasts, rebels, and violent in nature, yet many live middle-class lives with loving families. We miss out on many opportunities by judging by appearance only.

Posted by: KindheartedCedric
  • Some people place more value on appearance than others.

Some people put careful thought into selecting their wardrobes. They select colors, patterns and fabrics that they believe reflect who they are. Others, however, see clothing as strictly utilitarian and put much less consideration into selecting wardrobe items. Clothing as a reflection of character, therefore, cannot be a universal assumption about everyone.

• Never judge a book by its cover

Take example such as Mark Zuckerberg, this guy is a legend....He always wear grey plain tee shirt with a blueish-grey jeans. The way he dress is normal for an average people to dress.Although he is the CEO of the social media ccompany Facebook, those who does not know him will take him as a normal human being...PSYCH HE A LIZARD

• No it is wrong

Because sometimes to win over someone or something or if any situation demands ,then man lives every character he has , maybe good or bad , he goes or acts as a character which is loved or good to person who is seeing or watching or examining us. So sometimes your dressing doesn't show your real character. Your real character is found when your alone or with a person you know most

• Don't judge a book by it's cover.

During summer I enjoy wearing crop tops, shorts that are knee length, mini dresses, mini skirts, and heels among other outfits. In winter I enjoy leggings, sweatpants, hoodies, and sweaters. Just because of the way I am dressed people assume things about my personality that are untrue. I have a good GPA, high morals, and work with children for a living. The type of clothes I find cute do not define my personality, they define my fashion preference.

• Looks may be deceptive, hold your opinion till you know me well.

I am human too and have different moods, so am free to wear the way I like. My dressing can not actually reflect my essence always....... I have right to feel good and live as I like. In today's world, when whole globe is turning to be a global village, In no way I can judge or be judged with my dressing always.

Anonymous says2013-03-06T18:33:20.220
verbs can talk more than clothes or appearance
>