• Countries win, people die

There are often wars between two countries and there are soldiers from each country who have to fight for their own country, and they aren't forced to fight for their country, but it is them who really want to fight for their country at any cost, even if they have to give up their lives. So, no doubt, there are people who have the self-dedication to fight for their country, and hence there's nothing wrong in that, rather, it is a matter of pride! To end with, I would like to quote, "No pain, no gain". And with this, I would like to rest my case.

• Yes It Is

If there is a grenade and it's going to kill you and your squad of marines(10 marines) what would you do? I think it would be noble to jump on the grenade and save the rest of your squad. By that you are being noble to your country and the rest your squad.

• What a load of horse... Piles.

You don't win a war by dying for your country. You win a war by making the other guy die for his country. Dying for your country sounds a lot like suicide. There's a reason a million kamikaze fighters stood down against a nuke. There is really no honor in just going off and getting killed while killing others because they are the enemy. But if they are just conscript fodder, there really is little honor to kill and die for something you don't believe in.

>