Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays: Should businesses, governments, and orgs say "Merry Christmas" (yes) or "Happy Holidays" (no)?

• Merry Christmas is the only appropriate greeting at this time of year.

Merry Christmas is the only appropriate greeting in December, in Canada. First of all, we are celebrating Christmas, not some 'vague', ridiculous generic statement such as 'Happy Holidays'. Also, Christians are the overwhelming majority in Canada (70%+). Even more non-Christians celebrate the secular version of Christmas. Muslims make up 3% of the Canadian population, and Jewish 1%. Why are we changing our seasonal greeting for 4% of our population? It's time to put the ultra left in their place - resurrect Merry Christmas!

• Have a Merry Christmas!

I grew up hearing Merry Christmas so that is what I prefer to hear. I don't believe Jews, Muslims, or anyone else should be upset over hearing Merry Christmas. I would never be offended to hear Happy Hanukkah. They are both seasons greetings and personally I do not understand what the big deal is. With that being said, although I prefer Merry Christmas, I am not affended at Happy Holidays either.

• What is the big deal?

I prefer to hear Merry Christmas over Happy Holidays. With that being said, I do not understand what the big issue is over hearing Merry Christmas. There are many people in this society who are not Christian and do not celebrate Christmas. There are people who are celebrating other holidays instead of Christmas. What is wrong with saying Happy Holidays to these people? Happy holidays cover all of the holidays. If people are offended by Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays they are hyper sensitive. There are far more serious problems to worry about.

>