Attention: Debate.org is closing and the website will be shut down on June 5, 2022. New Topics can no longer be posted and Sign Up has been disabled. Existing Topics will still function as usual until the website is taken offline. Members can download their content by using the Download Data button in My Account.

Mitch McConnell wants to crush the Tea Party: Do you think the Tea Party should be stopped in order for the Republicans to regain the White House?

• The GOP needs moderates.

The Tea Party is near completely obstructionist in nature. The Republican party needs to distance itself from the Tea Party if it hopes to achieve the presidency or even stay relevant going forward. The GOP needs to be able to court moderates. The Tea Party is completely antithetical to moderates. Besides, the Tea Party is transient. It's reactionary and unless they try to achieve something constructive instead of obstructive, they'll dissolve into nothingness.

• Mitch McConnell wants to crush the Tea Party

I think the Tea Party should be stopped in order for the Republicans to regain the White House and that bigger decisions need to be made in the future to help our economy. I think that if this happens they will have a good chance of regaining control and moving forward.

• They Have To Go

As a Democrat who is more than willing to swing which ever direction looks good, I have to tell you that the Tea Party politicians are going to have to go. I had hopes for the group when they first sprung up but they aren't the same anymore and it's obvious that they don't have my best interests in mind at all. I think this will be the case for many in my position.

• GOP turning SOFT

If you look at the voting records of some of the GOP establishment without knowing who they are you almost can't tell them apart from the Liberals. This is NOT who the people want! Democrats REALLY want us gone! What does that tell you? They fear TRUE Conservatives. Open your eyes and stop pretending. Read, everything! Understand more! Knowledge is so powerful when it comes with understanding. We're losing this great country to radicals that want to change it. Don't let this happen. If this country turns over to left wing radicals we'll lose everything. Open your eyes people!

• We the people.

No, I do not think that the Tea Party should be stopped in order for the Republicans to regain the White House, because the party bosses overlook how many people there are in the tea party. Justin Amash was never more popular. The Republicans cannot win by squishing their own base.