• Target Audience; Target locked

The target audience of the show is undoubtedly girls. The heavy gender imbalance, themes, colors, and plot all point towards an audience of girls. Does this mean that it doesn't have themes, characters, plots, aesthetics, etc. that cannot or should not be appreciated by boys or adults? Absolutely not. But it was created for ("meant" for) that demographic.

• Yes, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic was initially intended for little girls.

If you go Google "Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony" you will come across a webpage that talks about this documentary of MLP:FiM and it has a quote that says, "One would be hard-pressed to find a cultural sensation as unique and as unexpected as Bronies. Why are these grown men and women attracted to a cartoon intended for little girls? And why are they willing to brave society’s ridicule for their love of the show?" It proves through this quote from the documentary produced by the talented Lauren Frost herself that MLP:FiM was created for little girls. It is more multi-gender orientated now, but that's a different topic.

• MLP isn't just for girls

That's straight up sexism there, putting girls with bright colorful things, as a girl myself, I love to wrestle with others, even if I don't win. Wrestling is considered a "boys" thing. I know a few guys who are very femine, and love using makeup. Makeup is considered a "girls" thing, I hate makeup even though I am a girl! So nothing is "just for girls" or "just for boys"

• Yes, but that should not matter

In the end who really decides what is acceptable to watch at each age group? No one but you should decide. Shows like Regular Show and Adventure time are meat for kids, but are watched by adults like myself (24yrs old). Shows like MLP are attractive to an older audience because of the typically complex plot lines and scenarios faced by the main characters. I believe if the characters were changed with people the show would be shined into a new light and would be more accepted. In the end you should do what you want and watch what you want without worrying about what other people will say or think. If you are a bronie go ahead and embrace what makes you you.

• I guess, but does it matter?

The counter against "the bronies" is quite hilarious to me. Its people outside the target audience, who find the stories and characters endearing, engaging, likable, and so on... And some find this to be an outrageous thing, because it was "made for girls".
    Things often fall into place, not always where predicted, but in place non the less. Why this matters, is beyond me.

• Cus it's the trarget audience.

And of course girls are the target audience for MLP. Naturally, we all( or most of us here) feel that ponies and barbie dolls are for girls, while guns and football and wrestling are meant for boys.
    There is really no argument about this. The target audience is obviously for female.

• ActualAudience /= IntendedAudience

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic was undoubtedly intended to be viewed by young girls, and that has been stated by the creator of the show multiple times. There is also no doubt that the show is likely watched more by people who weren't part of the intended audience, but that doesn't change who the show was intended for. There's really no argument to be had here.

• They are for girls

They are j j j j j j jj j jj j jj j j j jj j j ju u uu u u u uu u us s s s s s s s st t t tt t t girly j j j jj j j j j

• Yes but the thing. . .

According to Hasbrostudios. Com, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is an animated TV show for girls 5 to 8 years. However, That does not mean a person in 20's, 30's, Or even 40's age range can not enjoy the TV show. If adults can like Tom & Jerry, Batman: TAS, SpongeBob SquarePants, Adventure Time and Etc, Why are adults unable to like MLP: FIM?

Maybe the "Brony" fandom is out of hand, But that's no reason to hate MLP: FIM.

• Its for girls

Years ago it was My Little Pony skinny and bony - boy and it should stay as that. Its girly even the modern names of the ponies. Bronies are ponifying everything including Veggietales just check out google images. Bronies was made up as a 4chan joke. Bronies are even attracted to the ponies and one married a toy of Twilight Sparkle.

• My Little Pony MFG NO!

ITS NOOOOOT! I'M A BRONY! They fight a dragon and strange monsters clearly not meant JUST for girls . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• Gender rolls are not set in stone

It's ridiculous to assume a show is "for" girls simply because it has sparkles, magic and friendship.

Harry Potter had magic, the magic had sparkles and the entire book series is about friendship. It is not "just" for girls.

The color pink isn't "just" for girls, and it is a product of sexism that we dress little girls in pink and little boys in blue.

Colors and children's show themes are not "just" for any gender, because human beings define what it means to be a male or female.

None of it is intrinsic, save for the biological imperatives individuals feel, and those are just as flexible according to the individual.

My wife loves MLP, and it's a cute show. I would let my kids watch it. I would watch it with them. There is nothing in the show which would turn a boy into a girl.

It's not 'for' anyone but kids who enjoy a fun, smart and well animated/voiced cartoon which explores themes ALL children would identify with.

• No not at all

NOT AT ALL d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    sd
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d

d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d

• Brony brony brony

H h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h

• My Little Pony is for girls as wrestling is just for boys.... IT'S NOT

You see girls playing with toys meant for boys, but you don't see parents or people complaining about that. For a boy to like a show originally created for little girls does NOT make them 'gay' or 'girlish'. It just means that their interests are more expanded than other males their age. And don't give me the 'they were the target audience' crap. Just because something is originally created for something, doesn't mean it will always be used or seen in that intended way.
    And don't tell me that the show was meant for little girls because it had magic, sparkles, was based on friendship lessons, and bright pastel colors. Harry Potter had magic and sparkles, and there was friendship throughout the whole series, yet it was enjoyed by EVERYONE.
    And yes, Lauren Foust said herself that it was created for girls, but as the show progressed, the creators created more points in the show that the Bronies, and adults, would understand while still making the show safe for younger children. They created an EPISODE pandering to the whole Brony community for crying outloud! That episode was created FOR THE BRONIES, not for little girls!
    The show was CREATED for little girls, but that doesn't mean it is MEANT for them. Nothing is meant 'just for girls' or 'just for boys', that's society putting gender roles on certain items that could be used and enjoyed by both genders based on things like color codes, whether it has sparkles, weapons, or animals. Bakugan Battle Brawlers was a show 'meant' for boys, yet both genders enjoyed it equally. Did no one throw a fit because the main cast was gender balanced unlike MLP that is a fully female cast?
    Frankly, I find it funny that everyone is getting upset over this because males are being seen wearing bright pastel colors.

• My Little Pony is for boys

All those 62% are just spazzing anti bronies who want to destroy the fandom! I can not let the 62% get any bigger! My Little Pony is a boy’s show! If you want to subscribe to me on YouTube my channel is Darkyboode32. If you want to know why it’s a boy’s show here’s the proof: https://youtu.be/jZ1bLpnDM74

• MLP isn't just for girls

>