Nirvana (yes) vs. Red Hot Chili Peppers (no): Who's better?

Asked by: begobuitron
  • I love RHCP but Nirvana wins

Nirvana wins this fight. RHCP make amazing music, But Nirvana created their own genre. Through doing so, They revolutionized the music industry of the time. They took the world by storm. While RHCP are amazing ( tbh I like their music more), They didn't create a genre, And start a music revolution.

• I love RHCP but Nirvana wins

Nirvana wins this fight. RHCP make amazing music, But Nirvana created their own genre. Through doing so, They revolutionized the music industry of the time. They took the world by storm. While the red hot chilis are amazing (tbh i like their music more) they didn't create a genre and start a music revolution.

• Nirvana still rocks

This seems like apples and oranges because of the different styles.

I like grunge more and that may bias my thoughts, but nirvana is the figure head of grunge, and had a huge effect on that style of music.

Nirvana also still is hella popular even after not having not been able to make new music.

• Nirvana is the best band ever

Nirvana invented a whole genre (grunge), beat Red Hot Chili Peppers in their own genre (alternative rock) and are much more well known. Everyone likes Nirvana. I admit Red Hot Chili Peppers are amazing, but Nirvana is legendary. In 3 studio albums, Nirvana developed a whole cult following, and millions of fans.

• Red Hot Chili Peppers is Better

The Red Hot Chili Peppers have always been the best at alternative rock. Josh Klinghoffer is much better that Kurt was. Plus, RHCP has albums as recent as 2016 and 2006. They consistently have 5+ hits in each album while Nirvana has less than 10 hit songs. This is why

• RHCP is better

First off they don't scram and use mainly power chords some people never use productivity. John is such a better guitarist than Kurt was. Also Kurt killed himself and left his (at the time) three year old daughter behind. I think that's enough to support my claim and price that RHCP is better.

• Lyrics, vocals and number of hits

1) Kurt admitted that, until "In Utero", he wrote most of his lyrics minutes before recording and did not pay them much thought. RHCP's lyrics are more meaningful and less-cryptic.
    2) No offense, but Kurt sounds awful. Give me Keadis anyday.
    3) Even though hits don't equal good songs, and Nirvana were more influential, RHCP simply have more songs in their arsenal.

>