Nirvana (yes) vs. Red Hot Chili Peppers (no): Who's better?

Asked by: begobuitron
  • Nirvana all the way!

I like RHCP, But Nirvana is legendary. Musicians in RHCP very talented musicians like Flea and John Frusciante, But Kurt Cobain more talents than all musicians in RHCP! Nirvana have their own genre(grunge) and Nirvana is the best alternative rock band. Kurt Cobain is one of the most talented musicians of all time!

• I love RHCP but Nirvana wins

Nirvana wins this fight. RHCP make amazing music, But Nirvana created their own genre. Through doing so, They revolutionized the music industry of the time. They took the world by storm. While RHCP are amazing ( tbh I like their music more), They didn't create a genre, And start a music revolution.

• I love RHCP but Nirvana wins

Nirvana wins this fight. RHCP make amazing music, But Nirvana created their own genre. Through doing so, They revolutionized the music industry of the time. They took the world by storm. While the red hot chilis are amazing (tbh i like their music more) they didn't create a genre and start a music revolution.

• Nirvana still rocks

This seems like apples and oranges because of the different styles.

I like grunge more and that may bias my thoughts, but nirvana is the figure head of grunge, and had a huge effect on that style of music.

Nirvana also still is hella popular even after not having not been able to make new music.

• Nirvana is the best band ever

Nirvana invented a whole genre (grunge), beat Red Hot Chili Peppers in their own genre (alternative rock) and are much more well known. Everyone likes Nirvana. I admit Red Hot Chili Peppers are amazing, but Nirvana is legendary. In 3 studio albums, Nirvana developed a whole cult following, and millions of fans.

• Red Hot Chili Peppers, By far!

Red Hot Chili Peppers have better hits and more talented musicians! Nirvana is a very good band and I like it! Nirvana might have a couple decent songs! They say Kurt Cobain was one of the best guitarist! Well playing out of tune, Throwing a guitar in the air and jumping on the top of drum kit is not great guitar playing! RHCP's have always had great guitarists. The bass playing is incredible! And Anthony is nothing short of a great singer! RHCP wins!

• RHCP are more diverse with their music than Nirvana

Nirvana has Kurt Cobain but only Kurt Cobain. All of Nirvana's best songs can be played basically with the same chords within the first 5 frets. If its not in standard tuning its in drop D, All of Nirvana's songs with very few exceptions like Stay Away have the same formula. Start quiet then scream the chorus. While some people find this enjoyable i'm not as much of a fan. RHCP can switch between different genres and is far more versatile. They have Flea (who made a name for himself on one of the least notable instruments) and John Frusciante. These two have a chemistry that Cobain never had with his band because he was head and shoulders above the rest of them. Because of this while some of Nirvana's songs were really good they all felt carried by Cobain and lacked any input from the other band members. But if you're into that kinda dynamic then so be it.

• The peppers are better musicians

In terms of technicality and actual talent the Red Hot Chili Peppers are ahead of nirvana, John frusciantes colorful and creative guitar playing along with fleas touch and chads groove i personally find the peppers more enjoyable listening to, But then again these 2 bands aren’t really comparable the Red Hot Chili Peppers play alternative/funk rock music where as nirvana plays grunge. The only edge I see nirvana gaining if being compared, Maybe the lyricism other than that I can’t really think of anything else

So this could go either way

(Also This is the second time I’ve posted this for some reason it glitches out and put my answer on “yes”)

• More talented musicians

So this could go either way

• Red Hot Chili Peppers is Better

The Red Hot Chili Peppers have always been the best at alternative rock. Josh Klinghoffer is much better that Kurt was. Plus, RHCP has albums as recent as 2016 and 2006. They consistently have 5+ hits in each album while Nirvana has less than 10 hit songs. This is why

• RHCP is better

First off they don't scram and use mainly power chords some people never use productivity. John is such a better guitarist than Kurt was. Also Kurt killed himself and left his (at the time) three year old daughter behind. I think that's enough to support my claim and price that RHCP is better.

• Lyrics, vocals and number of hits

1) Kurt admitted that, until "In Utero", he wrote most of his lyrics minutes before recording and did not pay them much thought. RHCP's lyrics are more meaningful and less-cryptic.
    2) No offense, but Kurt sounds awful. Give me Keadis anyday.
    3) Even though hits don't equal good songs, and Nirvana were more influential, RHCP simply have more songs in their arsenal.