• Home is For Play

After a tiring day of schoolwork, Dropping down to do even MORE of it until 10 P. M, And the cycle repeats. How would teachers and principals like that?

Children have enough time to work, And be educated, At school. Home is supposed to be the place where you can play and relax. Kids look forward to sitting down to their favorite book/TV show/friend/video game, But then, They're forced to do homework!

Teachers, Think about it: How would you like to get home after a long day of work, And sit down, Preparing to watch your favorite movie, But then you have ten more children sitting down in front of you for school! That's exactly what it's like for students.

• There should be no more homework for children

Because as a current 11 years old students, If we have lots of homework, There won't be any time for children to run around. When they grow up, There will be plenty homeworks so don't worry. I think we should run around and play while we can. If we can't run around and have fun, The only thing we would be able to remember is going to school and hoework.

• Homework takes away from any personal time

As a student myself I often find it difficult to balance my homework with out of school chores, Activities, And personal time. Teachers are supposed to teach you while they are at school and if they can not accomplish that then they should not be getting paid. Homework was created as a punishment and I think if it is used at all it should be used if classwork was not finished because of misconduct!

• Homework makes school unnecessarily difficult

As a student going into my senior year of high school or grade 12 i have found that homework has only hindered me because even when i already know the work we are studying and can pass the tests with 90%
    - 100% my grade will still lower because like others, I tend to lose homework and it has actually distanced me from school and my education.

• Research says that children work harder with no homework

Yes that is true so believe me that research has proven that children work better with no homework yes that is true so believe me that research has proven that children work better with no homework
    yes that is true so believe me that research has proven that children work better with no homework yes that is true so believe me that research has proven that children work better with no homework

• Bullshitty homework from satan

f**k homework it should die and rot in hell because real jobs don't give homework and school does its just lazy work from teachers if you have to do it at home f**k it we need to do it at school where you learn unless u are homeschooled and that's different

• Homework is Bloody Evil

Horrible mainly because it really doesnt help children. To all you pimps that support homework, I don't know what youŕe thinking. It is unnsesarry because why can't you do it in school? Its just a lazy ¨f**k You¨ from teachers because they can't do it themselves. Thats my supporting argument for why homework should be banned.

• No homework for all!

1. Homework gives less time for students at home to do things they want
    2. Students may feel stressed out over completing all the (possibly lots and lots of) homework or end up with a punishment or a demerit at school
    3. Students want to do other things after a long day at school! Why give them more work to do? !
    ABOLISH ALL WORK AND NO PLAY

• Homework is just review

Homework only helps if you don't understand anythings. Some people have too many homework that they don't have enough time to run around and get their exercise. If you didn't have homework and didn't understand something, You can ask your teacher, Parents, Tutors, And elders. As an eleven year old, I sometimes find homework difficult. It does affect your growth for when you are about 11 or 12, Your hormones start growing.

• Homework causes OBESITY

High (or even moderate) sugar levels gives one the urge to go and burn some calories. If children can't go for a run due to homework, Over time they can become OBESE. Also, During detentions for not doing homework, You could've been getting exercise. If kids are gonna stop getting obese, The Education Authority needs to do something. . .

• You should grow up.

If you genuinely think homework is a bad idea, Then when you are an adult who is out of school you can petition lawmakers to change the system so that future generations will not have homework. That's how democracy works. If you just don’t want to have to do your homework and don’t actually care about what is best for you or the nation, Then quit whining you spoiled little brat.

• I believe homework should stay

As a current student going into year 11, I am grateful that my teachers and school are all for giving us homework. In my opinion homework is a way to reflect on our learning and helps the teachers to ensure that we know what we are doing and where we may need more support. During these 6 week holidays, None of my teachers personally have given us homework, I have took it upon myself to ask some of my teachers for things to do because homework is something that helps me to improve in my learning. Without homework, I don't think I would be as invested in school, I enjoy coming home and continuing with my learning. It makes me more motivated to achieve my best.

• Homework is important

I agree that we shouldn't have TOO much homework, However some of it is crucial to our learning. It is important for students, And this is coming from a 7th grader. Those of you who are saying "yes" are probably kids who just frankly hate homework and the idea of homework. As much as I hate doing homework, I acknowledge that it is very important in order for me to learn the material.

• Life is not about fun.

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble.
    LIFE DOES NOT CARE IF YOU HAVE FUN OR NOT.

Homeworks, No matter how boring and extensive they are, Are beneficial to both the teachers and students. The teachers can access the understanding of their student. Students can learn what they know and don't know. Students are learn about time management and more importantly, How to do things individually.
    But I do think that schools can tone the level of homework down a little, But still give us some. Social life is important at an early age. But banning it completely just makes no sense. According to the opposing sides's logic, Does it mean working in a cubicle is also bad? No matter what you think, It is important to know that homework, No matter how brutal they can get, Are just prepping kids for the future.

(Also, Everything we learn in school does serve a purpose. You are just not thinking it through. )

• Homework has value in moderation

I believe homework in moderation can be appropriate at any school age. Every elementary child should have some daily reading homework. Most students will not go home and choose to read, Therefore it needs to be assigned. This reading could be independent reading of a student choice book, Reading with a parent, A parent reading to a child, Or a child listening to a story being read with book in hand. Being able to read is priceless. When students are young they are very curious and excited about learning. I think teachers should capitalize on this and assign projects/work (appropriate amount to reflect age) that would help students learn about the world around them. Many of these learning opportunities can happen naturally at home, But unfortunately it often doesn't. Many students get home from school and sit in front of an electronic device. These homework assignments force these families to engage their child in something more meaningful.

• How else would teachers gauge their students' understanding(s)?

Homework is still a necessary evil. There is no point in teaching a topic if a student is likely to forget it in the first place; homework reinforces their understandings of the topic(s) in question. And whilst the content may not necessarily be the important part, It is the skills learned that are the most important. Homework instills discipline and a sense of responsibility, Which will help them later in their lives.

• It has to stay

But it must be different, In moderate amounts and it should offer the possibility for the kid to express himself, Be creative, Possibility to choose the homework etc.
    When I was in high-school, We did have homework, But it was so easy for me so that I can consider it as no homework. I saw the consequences of this only in college, Where I had a much-more-than-expected difficult time and I wished I had had more homework in highschool.

• It is actually important