• Home is For Play

After a tiring day of schoolwork, Dropping down to do even MORE of it until 10 P. M, And the cycle repeats. How would teachers and principals like that?

Children have enough time to work, And be educated, At school. Home is supposed to be the place where you can play and relax. Kids look forward to sitting down to their favorite book/TV show/friend/video game, But then, They're forced to do homework!

Teachers, Think about it: How would you like to get home after a long day of work, And sit down, Preparing to watch your favorite movie, But then you have ten more children sitting down in front of you for school! That's exactly what it's like for students.

• There should be no more homework for children

Because as a current 11 years old students, If we have lots of homework, There won't be any time for children to run around. When they grow up, There will be plenty homeworks so don't worry. I think we should run around and play while we can. If we can't run around and have fun, The only thing we would be able to remember is going to school and hoework.

• Homework takes away from any personal time

As a student myself I often find it difficult to balance my homework with out of school chores, Activities, And personal time. Teachers are supposed to teach you while they are at school and if they can not accomplish that then they should not be getting paid. Homework was created as a punishment and I think if it is used at all it should be used if classwork was not finished because of misconduct!

• Homework makes school unnecessarily difficult

As a student going into my senior year of high school or grade 12 i have found that homework has only hindered me because even when i already know the work we are studying and can pass the tests with 90%
    - 100% my grade will still lower because like others, I tend to lose homework and it has actually distanced me from school and my education.

• Research says that children work harder with no homework

Yes that is true so believe me that research has proven that children work better with no homework yes that is true so believe me that research has proven that children work better with no homework
    yes that is true so believe me that research has proven that children work better with no homework yes that is true so believe me that research has proven that children work better with no homework

• Homework causes OBESITY

High (or even moderate) sugar levels gives one the urge to go and burn some calories. If children can't go for a run due to homework, Over time they can become OBESE. Also, During detentions for not doing homework, You could've been getting exercise. If kids are gonna stop getting obese, The Education Authority needs to do something. . .

• Home work ssuckss

Hoems workdx sucks and stakes upo toio much time hsoiut of my dayub i cain be do0eing somenti ng proddectgtive like visdeo game and maken hundredss of dollade playingn frontnut with Ninja TM, , , , RRRRR EEEE E E E E E E E E EE EEE EEE E E E E E E E E

• No more Hwk.

Homeworks, As great as it is for studying and preparing for the next test, Isn't as great for getting a job and knowing all about how to do your taxes and the best ways to save money. How to raise kids, And all that. School is different from the real world in that, School is like this playhouse where you can bully who you want and have mommy and daddy do stuff for you. Homework didn't help me much, And often time what was on the homework wasn't even on tests. So it prepared me for nothing other than wasting an hour at home trying to figure out how to do Alg2, On top of other class assignments.

• Homework is a useless way of "re-caping" the class.

If the teacher is supposed to teach, But a child dosent get it, What happens? The child goes home with homework, And dosent know how to do it. Next day the child gets bad marks and in trouble for not doing the homework, He said the teacher never taught him and then he gets in trouble for that.

• We should have Practice Assignments instead

School gives us at least 4-6 hours of homework everyday with stressful deadlines and constant quizzes and tests. What makes the authority think that putting more pressure and limiting our social time would help us achieve more than depression and anxiety?
    Students are not robots who can just take in unlimited amounts of work with stable conditions. We are fragile, We are tired and we are human. I have been always told that studying comes first, And any hobbies or friends I want to hang out can do it after I graduate high school. Or translation: You will not be able to enjoy the precious limited youth you have, But instead, Study tedious crap that school burdens on you.
    We should not be forced to labor our nights through homework. Instead, Teachers should give us Practice Assignments, Where students can pick up worksheets for self-study and their own benefits when they are willing to do it by themselves. If a student is struggling with class and not picking up Practice Assignments, Then that should be when the teacher assigns homework on that kid only. Is this not the simpler way?
    I have hobbies I am passionate about, Friends I want to interact with and courses that I want to study out of school. And it's not like the American education system teaches us anything useful past the grade 5. Where are the class on civics, Financial aid, Social justice or self defense? And let's not forget the fact that we only have enough time to learn 5 years of one another language max. I can only name only one person in my language class that will be successful who is not of that national descent. I am bitter that school not only makes us learn absolute worthless and hard classes, And hours upon hours of homework in addition.
    I think students want what's best for them. If they are doing bad in school, It's their responsibilities to do better. Look at Finland. They have little to no homework, 3-4 hours of school a day and over an hour of lunch/play/social time. And yet they one of the best educational countries there are. I think we can learn something from them.

• You should grow up.

If you genuinely think homework is a bad idea, Then when you are an adult who is out of school you can petition lawmakers to change the system so that future generations will not have homework. That's how democracy works. If you just don’t want to have to do your homework and don’t actually care about what is best for you or the nation, Then quit whining you spoiled little brat.

• I believe homework should stay

As a current student going into year 11, I am grateful that my teachers and school are all for giving us homework. In my opinion homework is a way to reflect on our learning and helps the teachers to ensure that we know what we are doing and where we may need more support. During these 6 week holidays, None of my teachers personally have given us homework, I have took it upon myself to ask some of my teachers for things to do because homework is something that helps me to improve in my learning. Without homework, I don't think I would be as invested in school, I enjoy coming home and continuing with my learning. It makes me more motivated to achieve my best.

• Homework has value in moderation

I believe homework in moderation can be appropriate at any school age. Every elementary child should have some daily reading homework. Most students will not go home and choose to read, Therefore it needs to be assigned. This reading could be independent reading of a student choice book, Reading with a parent, A parent reading to a child, Or a child listening to a story being read with book in hand. Being able to read is priceless. When students are young they are very curious and excited about learning. I think teachers should capitalize on this and assign projects/work (appropriate amount to reflect age) that would help students learn about the world around them. Many of these learning opportunities can happen naturally at home, But unfortunately it often doesn't. Many students get home from school and sit in front of an electronic device. These homework assignments force these families to engage their child in something more meaningful.

• How else would teachers gauge their students' understanding(s)?

Homework is still a necessary evil. There is no point in teaching a topic if a student is likely to forget it in the first place; homework reinforces their understandings of the topic(s) in question. And whilst the content may not necessarily be the important part, It is the skills learned that are the most important. Homework instills discipline and a sense of responsibility, Which will help them later in their lives.

• It has to stay

But it must be different, In moderate amounts and it should offer the possibility for the kid to express himself, Be creative, Possibility to choose the homework etc.
    When I was in high-school, We did have homework, But it was so easy for me so that I can consider it as no homework. I saw the consequences of this only in college, Where I had a much-more-than-expected difficult time and I wished I had had more homework in highschool.

• It has to stay

• It is actually important

>