People on Welfare/Social Assistance should only get a card that only works with Wal-mart, Nofrills, Second hand stores and Welfare/SA directly pays for shelter costs.

Asked by: soullessrobins
  • To prevent people abusing the system.

This doesn't attack people who use it correctly. This is to prevent people abusing the system. I also think Welfare/Social assitence should be more involved with helping people to get skills, And build there resume to help look for a job. The point of the program is to help with living cost and so on. They should be more involved with people to help them find a job.

• No one size fits all.

A good idea on the surface, But not practical in real life. I feel people who truly abuse the system will still figure out a way to continue abusing it. You would only be making it more difficult for people who need the help. What if they are unable to access a wall mart? Who is to say which shelter is acceptable?

• No way hosay

The poor deserve to buy Gucci Clothing with government money and iPHONE XS MAX, , Because the Government gives them THAT money. . So IT is theirs, , I make $8. 00 anhour at TARGET and I spend my food stamps on the most luxury restaurants and buy the most epensive thigns. . So do my other co workers. You sHOULD too. .