Should kids have to wear school uniforms?

Posted by: 876170

It has good and bad effects, but really, I would like to know what everyone thinks.

• Yes to school uniforms

• No to school uniforms

29% 374 votes
71% 905 votes
  • This could be argued both ways. Uniforms can be both good and bad.

Posted by: STALIN
  • I had to wear a uniform all my life in every school I've been to and i had no problem, infact it mad my school better than any school i have seen! <3

• Shouldn’t uniforms be worn everywhere? Just imagine, people are made fun of for what they wear! Since Madeira is a kinder place, it could help us be united. Unity is important because it can strengthen bonds with anyone we meet. Finally, the average student takes about 30 minutes in the morning to get ready. You could shorten the time to get ready by uniforms because you won’t have to search for your clothes. Uniforms can remain the same and only change on special occasions. As you can see, uniforms should be used in schools. Bullying in the United States alone affects lots of people. Name brands are a major cause for this situation. The average cost of name brand clothes are about $30 dollars for shirts alone. Since, 14.5 percent of U.S. homes struggle to get food for their kids, how would they provide a meal if they recently lost $30? Most brands also are not worth the amount of money they charge. Name brands are very well a major cause of bullying. Katie H, a Discovery Girls Magazine reader, reported, “ I noticed that more people were becoming friends because of who they are, not what outfit they wore.” This proves that the students were friends by the inside not the outside. Katie’s school therefore must have had less bullying of what people wore because of uniforms. Even though, Ohio has laws and policies against people bullying others. Madeira Middle School also has rules and policies against bullying. Bullying can include anything from name calling to laughing at someone. Although, Madeira is a safe place, it doesn’t mean no one gets bullied. In conclusion, lots of people in the U.S are teased and hurt for what outfit they wear. Unity can help promote friendships. It’s a simple idea that could help. Mrs. Broome, a teacher who wore uniforms, answered a few simple questions. She said that “I think uniforms could” make schools more united. She went on to describe a few instances that she experienced when she was a kid that were positive. Next, in the U.K. there is an organization that helps unite the schools together for learning. This is important because, otherwise how would the school system work together with the the other U.K. schools? One person from debate.com said you can still express yourself while you’re still wearing uniforms. Lastly, did you know the average person has 1-3 true friends in their lifetime? Real friends care about what you are, not your outfit or style. This proves friendships will be enhanced by uniforms. Finally, uniforms make getting ready in the morning easier. For instance, did you know the average person takes 20-30 minutes to get ready for school in the morning? One reason is searching for lost clothes. Most people have lots of clothes to wear to school. Choosing one shirt may be a problematic situation. Did you know kids are supposed to be getting 8-12 hours of sleep every night? Most kids only get 5-8 hours. This means kids will have to get up early to find their clothes. Sleep deprivation is also a very large problem for teenage kids. Uniforms are the easiest to find because of their difference from other outfits. Also, I interviewed my friend Katie Craig and asked if she had a problem in the morning. She replied, “Yeah, I have problems searching for my clothes. And I also have to wake up at 6:30. It’s not fun looking for clothes.” Finally, "It can be overwhelming," Richard Hall PhD tells WebMD. "Students are put in a position of feeling they just must not stop. They are not given a sense of support. They are put in an environment where they are not accepted for themselves but only for what they are going to achieve. All this builds stress." Stress is an issue because it doesn’t let you think straight. When you can’t think at school it can distract you from work which leads to bad grades. When grades go down more and more stress builds. And it all came from one morning. This concludes how uniforms will help kids get ready with little or no effort. Uniforms can be a useful idea for schools. They provide a safer environment. Safe environments are needed for schools to help students to learn. Bullying is why schools are not-so-safe anymore. Also, bullying can prevent unity. Unity helps schools keep up with each other and show spirit for where they live. Finally, kids can have time to wake up in the morning. Getting up early is a nightmare to kids who should be getting at least 9 hours of sleep. Uniforms could help everyone be the best they can be!

• I think its a good idea to have uniforms because it shows that you care for your school. It also can help prevent bullying from startinh. I have heard that your cloths express you, i laughed its stupid why should that be? you are influenced by the media and are clouded by what you like. Certian material is itchy but most isnt so if you ask youll get comfortablw wear. It makes me feel important.

• Can you imagine a mother working for the minimum wage with three children in school trying to find different out fits each week for the children to wear to school? And what happens when they want brand name clothes like their peers?The good thing about uniforms is that if the mother can only afford one suit each, no one needs to know.The children can still go to school clean and tidy each day.In addition,children in uniforms can travel free of cost on the bus , saving the mother the stress of finding twelve dollars a day for bus fare. i have more points but I'm not gonna bore more than I probably already did :)

• yes they should, uniforms at school show that you are proud to be at your school. "has this ever happened to you? your playing on the monkey bars, you fall down and get your designer clothes dirty. no because your always in your school uniform. do you really want to actually want to replay this scene?" bullying is not a good thing and it will make a path for more fortunate people to pick on. And finally people wanting more and more clothes to keep up with fashion, and with the uprising prices for everything that would sum up to a pretty penny. although I like clothes, school is a place to learn not to show your clothes off

• its a good idea

• I don't have uniforms in my school, but it's not a bad idea. Uniforms makes no one break dress codes. Plus you don't have to worry about what to wear every morning. Uniforms would make school life a lot easier.

Posted by: akotru
  • School uniforms are very easy to find in stores. You can go to any store and find the school uniform they need.

• Parents will not be pressured into buying clothes they can't afford just to have their kid fit in because everyone would be wearing the same thing.

• i do like uniforms 'cause their smart

• Some kids can't really afford clothes.

• uniforms should be worn so someone knows you belong to a certain place also so kids don't judge you about your clothes.

• a school uniform makes a school look more formal and respectable

• saving money, other kids not judging you by what you wear

• I do think that kids should have to where them cuz then it makes it easier for families that have low income plus no kids will bully you for wht u where

• I am a good girl at school , I pretend to be nice by offering seat at the bus, and curse them when they are not looking....etc. Anyway. My teachers like me a lot, I do EVERYTHING,!! I am almost like a star girl! I just love uniform.

• Who wants to see unpleasentness

• Less bulling

• Why not? I go to a school with no uniforms and I hate it! My friends and I get teased because we are not up on the latest fashions!!!

• becauase LESS BULLING! peole you like to get bullied

• because every student should be proud of their uniform and school common guys get fire wised

• I honestly think yes to wearing school uniforms because to many people are getting bullied by what they wear if it's different then others but if every day every kid wear everything the same no one should be getting bullied for what they wear. I would of said no to uniforms so kids can choose what they wear but now I realized it's better to not be bullied then get to choose what you wear.

• Schools that do not provide school uniforms have recorded statistics of increased bullying, the reason being is that some students can not afford the 'modern' clothing that is mainstream to the society. Top brand names that are too expensive for what they are actually worth. Although school uniforms are expensive, having 5 sets of clothing that cost $120 that are washed each weekend, would be significantly less costly than 120 dollars for a pair of pants. It would also make everyone feel a sense of equality. It would also increase attendance within the schools, since kids who can not afford the flashy, expensive clothing feel shamed or targeted, some may be pushed to the point to not attend school at all.

• Oh Its great to be in uniform bcoz its our schools identity and we are knowned by it..... Lov u My scul Anthonians and its Uniform...

Posted by: Piya
  • Having school uniforms would help create a better environment for students to learn. They would help decrease the amount of bullying occurring due to differences in clothing. Also, it would help families on low incomes afford school clothes easier. Most uniforms are built to last longer, so parents would have to keep buying clothes for their children. Having everyone wear the same clothes would help decrease the amount of distractions in the classroom due to clothe differences. It would also help the school look more professional and together.

Posted by: Oicupn
  • i think uniforms suck

Posted by: yhgyh
  • If you were to have uniforms, and kids wont wear them because they "like their personality" then once every week just let them wear their own style of clothing. I believe that will help a lot of the issue.

• if they do then kids dont feel bad about their clothes.

• Uniforms are mad dope dog

• I love uniforms so shut up

• Dont be a hater on the uniforms you rednecks

• people should get to wear what they want when the want . >_<

• It is vital for being equal right

• One of the main advantages of school uniforms is the reality that every student looks the same. Students who don’t have enough means to buy expensive and fashionable clothes can surely benefit from this. Parents will also save more money instead of buying school outfit as the money can be used to purchase school supplies. School uniform is form of unity in the school, wherein the student wears the same uniform that gives them the identity. This surely gives them the identity from other school. If you are wearing the uniform that identifies you with a certain university or school, people will able to distinguish you. Another advantage of wearing school uniform is you can feel proud because of the feeling that you belong to a certain school. Just wearing the uniform together with its logo can provide you the best chance to feel proud of your school. Wearing school uniform is also important for you to save time changing clothes or outfits because you are trying to figure out the right combination of shirt, pants, blouse or skirt. This makes it easy for you to save time because you just need to wear your uniform when going to school. You don’t have to compete with your classmates because everyone wears the same thing. This is very common especially for high school and college students. In order to become more popular, it will force you to wear clothes that are expensive.

• When I wore a school uniform I felt accepted.

• Individuality leads to revolts

• Most people I know actually like wearing our uniform. It reduces the amount of laundry we have to do and it takes less time to get dressed in the morning. Kids will find ways to stand out through their personalities and not their clothing.

• I think we should have the

• YES OH MY GOD YES! kids are mean and shallow, that's why if your clothing stands out in any way its gonna be a reason to get bullied, also since they will all look the same on the outside they will work on their inside to differentiate themselves and actually acknowledge more than the eye can see.

• I don't like having to pick out clothes

• I think they should because don't discriminate what their wearing

• I think that if with the regulations of a school uniform, the amount of judging by appearance will decrease. For those that say students could not express themselves, I say that maybe, just maybe, they will have to actually express themselves by using their personality. Not to mention the stress of what to wear will be gone. Students will no longer have to "fit in" using their clothes.

• I think that kids should have uniforms at school. It would certainly save parents money, plus no one would get made fun of because they are all wearing the same thing.

• As a student of a school which wears uniform, I strongly agree that you should. It gives a sense of unity throughout the school, standing out together instead of individually. It gives the feeling of an environment where everyone is to be equally treated and equally looked at, not one where you are judged by how expensive or how nice your clothes look. As well as that, it also keeps what we wear appropriate. If given freedom to wear what they want, students might wear grungy clothes or too-short skirts; and I don't think anyone would want their school to be known for that. In addition, school uniforms help distinguish which school you are from. By wearing your school uniform, you bring pride and honor to your school. Some other reasons are uniforms take less time to get ready for and it makes sure no one gets bullied/discriminated because of the clothes they wear.

• uniforms isn't about attractiveness it is for the safety and identification of students.

• For convenience reasons, kids should be made to wear the uniform. I think it also helps kids to focus on school and nothing else. Plus, guys, kids in schools don't yet have the money to afford cool clothes to express themselves.

• Only if you get choices as to which uniform to wear such as pants, skirt, shorts, tee-shirt, or sweater and as long as they have one day a week where you can dress in your own manner.

• when you are at work don't you have to dress a certain way?

• Forcing school uniforms can remove one expression of a person's individuality. However, we have to ask if this is actually all that important in the end? What should be more important is a students development as a person and gaining knowledge for their life ahead. It can be argued that this could happen without uniforms, but why add another distraction (making an image, judging others' images) to a young person's already tumultuous life? Uniforms help to make the education and personal development a top priority for the student as they aren't distracted by making their image. Who cares if we can't "express ourselves" as freely at school? Wait until after school.

• I think it is better for the parents who are financially challenged. This way the parents won't have to worry about spending money they need on name brand clothes. Also if students wore uniforms no one would get bullied because everyone is wearing the same thing!

• School uniform means that everyone looks the same, so it reduces bullying based on appearance. It also improves behaviour, in school as there are fewer distractions and in public as you are representing your school. School uniform separates school and home, so that when you are at school you work, and you know that you can relax at home when you aren't in your uniform. For safety reasons, uniform is a good thing too, as intruders are easily identifiable (unless they have gone to great lengths to purchase a uniform).

• messi has more goals and a assists he has also won more titles with barcelona than neymar with santos

Posted by: mike13
  • I think it will prevent disrespectful children

• we need uniforms

• Some students or perhaps all students are not comfortable with the uniform provided by the school and we all know that. But for me, yeah it must stay. Uniforms are important to avoid harrasment or any stuff. Girls in this generation are more showy when it comes to the clothes they wear and that's the time where they get harrased by some boys.

Posted by: Kleisa
  • when u are in front of high class students u cuold be bulled so yeah and if u dont agree then go to school with a t-shirt that says think stupid

• I'm a student and I think that school uniforms are necessary because students that wear casual clothes are subject to bullying. It is also another thing students need to worry about, what they're going to wear every single day

• I think that uniform can be a good thing and a bad thing. Uniforms can be good because they help a student feel like they fit in. If everyone in the school is wearing the same thing, then all the students feel alike and no one feels left out. I understand that without a uniform students can express themselves through their clothing. But students can express themselves through many other things, such as school supplies, hair and so on.

• An example of students having to wear a uniform is, what if they went on a trip and they all were wearing free dress? Wouldn't they get lost?

• 1. it helps students fit in with everyone else 2. students get ready faster 3. time is not wasted on shopping or picking out clothes 4. it promotes equality among students 5. students are more focused on grades than fashion 6. at schools with no uniforms im always that awkward kid with an unusually large sweatshirt or jacket sitting in the corner with no friends. its a lot better in uniform schools 7. if you want to express yourself use your grades to express yourself 8. safety purposes, its easier to tell if theres an intruder on campus 9. who cares about childrens rights? if all schools have uniforms students wont care anymore. in the future they wont even know that schools used to have free dress

• I had to wear a uniform for 8 years and it was terrible. I almost felt more free in kindergarten than I did up until highschool

• No way. I love the fashion I wear

• I have had to wear uniforms for 8 years. And I go to a public school. 'nuff said.

• Why would you make every kid look the same. the schools are taking away everyone's freedom they already took away there freedom to go to the bathroom on there own. now we have to announce it to the hole classroom. plus the expense on the parents part to buy the kids uniforms and cloths for after school and on weekends.

• It's bad.

Posted by: Grubbo
  • I was exposed to school uniforms when I was in first grade at a catholic school. Nobody cared for them, and nobody had a style. Kids should be able to express themselves using clothes. For example, some kids like to wear athletic clothes, like myself, but when required to wear a dress, it is not fair!

• School Uniforms scare me in my sleep :(

• I think that you shouldnt wear school uniforms because in school uniforms you cant express yourself and the cost of them is outragous. lol

• UNIFORMS SUCK!!!!!

• school uniforms make me want to throw up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sure, people are made fun of for wearing some things, but that doesn't mean a uniform is going to stop the bullying. School uniforms also have not been proven to increase grades, concentration, vigilance, etc. Schools have some old dress code policies and enforce new, stricter ones because of the sole belief it can help, but in reality it just holds people back. Plus, the money that goes into the purchase of these uniforms is excessive, and some parents can't afford all the required clothing. I could go on and on, but I'll stop here.

• because they are very uncomfortable and unattractive

• I am 13 years old and my school does not do uniforms but they are thinking about it and I dont think there should be any school uniforms because kids need to exspress themselves and alot do that by clothes.Yes there should be certain dress codes but no uniforms. uniforms just make school boring for the kids because everyone looks the same and not everyone is the same.

• School uniforms take away 1/8th of school being fun and take away nice pretty colors and shopping.

• People deserve to have the right to wear what they feel. People should not be forced to wear itchy expensive clothing. At my school we have to wear itchy jumpers and tight shirts and don't get me started with the ties! Some schools are so cruel that if clothing does not have a name on it. Now to rebut against bullying, simple solution to stop bullying punish the bully and teach them a lesson! Don't let bullying beat you...

• Well what about your other clothes and prom dress you got FOR school? :(

• Everyone says uniforms are going to help the bullying problems, that so not true. Kids will bully you on anything they can think of, hair, bag, friends, animals, house, type of phone, weight and height, and the list goes on. Plus its takes away the kids chance to be young, if you make them dress like business people they wont know how to expiment with there clothes.

• no because school uniforms do not help an regular clothes helps yu express your self!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• There is no point. If you want to improve our punctuation, just tell us that. Uniforms will block us from the freedom of expressions, one of my country's (Canada) privilege.

• school uniforms are a waste of money for the parents and the school. the school shouldnt be spending money on stupid clothes that dont let children express themselves

• You are right adamshtern

• They are horrible

• because uniforms are an fegit

• @Swagger Swagger BE QUIET THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A SERIOUS WEBSITE

• School uniforms should not be worn for many reasons. First of all, school uniforms are too expensive. According to statistic brain, the average cost of school uniforms is $249. Second of all, some students are not comfortable in uniforms. Finally, it takes away student individuality.

• Uniforms are a violation to the Constuction! So schools are braking laws! How about that?!

• No because kids should be able to pick what they wear

• no we should not have school uniforms becasue it going to feel like we are at church an dlook like we are at church

• Kids should be able to express themselves.

• School uniforms are a horrible idea. What happened to freedom? Certainly no one is happy with their uniforms. How many people get made fun of for their clothes? Not much, and if they are, their school needs to up their bully- free property.

• School uniforms do not help bullying issues. They do, however, help mask something far more detrimental to students. That, my friends, is teacher/adult complacency. Bullying still happens in schools. It has shifted from the verbal abuse of yore to now physical abuse. For those thinking it helps with field trips. How are you supposed to tell one set of ducks from another set of ducks if all the ducks are wearing the same thing? Furthermore, if where really about safety with uniforms why does the school sell those horrible field trip T-shirts? School pride? Again the school sells a t-shirt for that, and the kids with the t-shirts are nudged into thinking they are REALLY showing school spirit and receive subtle perks because of it. Like: being able to look different, unique compared to the other students! The are not cost efficient. Locally there are only a few stores that sell uniforms. (Walmart) The uniforms for boys ($14 pants, $12 shorts, $10 shirts on the cheapsies) tear at the crotch easily, rip at the knees, wrinkle like you wouldn't believe and stain like you wouldn't believe! The more expensive Wal-mart brand (dickies) are absolutely easier to manage but you would be paying the same amount if not less, considering all of Aerapostle's, Gap and some more select mall brand clothes stores sells. Then there is that fabrication that a poor mother would only buy one set of clothes. What single mother has time, after working her 8 or 12 hour shifts, to wash the same set of clothes every night? And again think of Wal-mart and cloth ware. Not at all synonymous with tidy, clean and respectable. They improve the look of the school. When your school budget is cut and they can't fix the roofing, pipes and some of the more mundane everyday necessities of keeping a building tip top, no uniform is going to increase or decrease the appearance of a school. Furthermore, if the school was going for an all out better look through environment, why are the teachers not made to wear uniforms? All in all, you can shout to the hills about how well the uniforms supposedly make a school, but the reality is that it is a superficial design to encourage school product sells, complacency within the teacher/adult body and conformity. Because when better to encourage a sheep mentality then when they are young?

• School uniforms take away student creativity and don't allow them to express themselves.

• First, Uniforms detract from a student's individuality, and a school should be a place where diversity is celebrated. Secondly, buying school uniforms can be a financial burden on low income family’s. Thirdly, a child in a School Uniform may be the target of bullies from a different school. Last, Uniforms may lessen the child’s comfort level while attending school.

• School uniforms mean bad news. the reason why is if a student rips the school uniform they will laugh at him/her but if you had no school uniforms you can just call your parents for another pair of clothes!

• I find that only private schools and boarding schools for celebrities should have to wear school uniforms because then they won't be found in scandalous or "Flashy" per-say clothing that could end up on camera and put on the internet and remarks could be made about them that could not only hurt their career but also their lives as they could find nothing else but taking their own life to get away from the pain. Thus i end my argument with only private or boarding schools for celebrities.

• because uniforms promote conformity to societies rules. Schools should promote individuality and allow students to express themselves.

Posted by: bethyp
  • because school uniform are going to make kids feel imbaristed

• because people need to say who they are my friend wears sporty stuff and guess what she wants to be a athelete or a gym teacher. my other friend she wears cat shirts and her favorite animale is a cat i could tell because of the clothing they wear but if we all wear the same clothing its like we all are the same and theres nothing different about us.

• School uniforms: teach them while they're young that they have to look, dress, and act like everyone else to fit in.

• Uniform doesn't tell u anything about u but that u go to a uniform dress code school

• because it lets them be free

Posted by: Kqc345
  • School Uniforms = Inequality

• no school uniforms

Posted by: zinash
  • I believe that school uniforms are wrong. Making children wear uniforms by taking away their rights and freedom is wrong. School uniforms take away the freedom of speech and the right to wear what the want.

• kids love fashion and color you dont want to change that do you?

• uniforms are uncomfortable

• i hate to buy school uniiforms

• uniforms r reely bad

• PEOPLE SHOULD EXPRESS THEMSELVES

• dressing how you want helps express yourself and find out who you are and I don't think it's right to take that away from somebody

• We don't wanna wear uniforms so please let wear clothes because i've been wear uniforms for 4 years please let us wear clothes please i'm begging you

• I've had to wear uniforms since pre-K and I absolutely hate them. You could argue both the pros and cons of this argument but I still say we should at least have the decision to wear them or not. It doesnt matter if you wear them or not, people are still getting bullied and its not only about uniforms. Just buying new clothes EVERY year leaves a huge hole in my parents wallet and I think we should be able to express ourselves with clothes. Giving students the decision to wear them or not might be a good thing.

• it takes away someones personal rights to wear what they want. we are not robots

• People don't pick on kids for not wearing cool things actually its more expensive to buy uniform to

• The way you dress helps explain and express your self. Its not about being alike cause nobody is alike. Its about being who you are and what makes you comfortable and feel like the real you

• There are pros and cons to both sides. But I believe that ultimately school uniforms should at least not be mandatory.

• School uniforms are nothing but a punishment. They are messages from the school saying "We don't want any individuality. Everyone must be the same.", which isn't right. The point of being a kid is to express yourself, make it known to everyone who you are. When everyone is wearing a uniform, everyone blends in. Yes, this may cause a lot of issues to be resolved with in schools, but a uniform can't solve everything.

• because i feel comfortable in my own clothes!!!!

• i picked no because, why not ? there is no reason yea there might bw some bad kids wearing wrong clothing but some kids show who they really are by clothing and you cannot take that away !

• uniforms deprive kids of their individuality and practically themselves! besides, they are usually expensive for parents!

• No, we should not have to have uniforms in schools! Uniforms in schools should not be required because they take away from the students having a chance to be unique and be an individual which at this age is very important. You can offer the uniforms to students and if they want to wear them they can but to make it mandatory is not the way to go. I'm 14 years old. All of us HATE uniforms! They get hot and the polos itch your neck plus all the name brands are expensive! Change the EVSC dress code.

• I love Nike and under Armour and Jordan

• They could be dorky and can make you unattractive. If dorky enough, can also make bullying higher.

• HECK NO!! Let the kids decide. I mean, do you want more bullying. Studies show that 75 percent of kids get bullied for wearing uniforms. I'd rather express myself in what I wear than wearing the same thing five times per week.

• down with school uniform x

• its so boring

Posted by: jaan
  • hcool uniforms are bad

• I think no because the kids can be lost in a disaster and they can be chosen by the wrong parents and get taken away for a long time. Also the parents can have a hard time looking the crowd and in the crowd all the same shirts and not being able to find your kid. That would be stressful. So that's why I say no to school uniforms.

Posted by: 124elr
  • Schools uniforms take away from the rights of an individual, they prevent them from expressing themselves and showing people what theyre really like. They do cause bullying and they sometimes even cause depression.

• kids' wearing uniforms kills their individuality and creativeness.

• Uniforms wont stop anything kids are doing in school now in fact wearing uniforms will make kids not want to go to school not want to pay attention and cause allot of problems for the school

• As a student myself, I express my creativity through clothes. If we can't talk, can't disrupt, or can't use our phones, how in the world do teachers even know were in class? Is changing our clothes gonna make us less violent? New Orleans has about 95% uniformed schools but a high crime rate.

• they keep kids from expressing themselvs

• these clothes ruin their lives.(take it from a kid)!!!1

• My dog wears a uniform to his school and every morning it's difficult to get him dressed for dog school, uniforms should be banned also because he pees on his uniform also.

• School uniforms are way expensive at my school It also is uncreative and you cant express yourself

• no uniform because it is to much money and i cant get the clothes i wont for a regular day

• No! Kids get judged by what they wear! just awful!

• BECUZ I SAY SO

• Because school uniforms are stupid and retarded. Just because you ware a Uniferm doisnt meen you woent get maid fun of, whet about the rich fools who can afford clothes that are better against the poor ninjas. Get me flapjack ninja turltes? #sweeeeg #oh #spellcheckisforchickins

• because it sucks

• its like putting a person in a cage. both male and female. i go to a private school and they make us wear uniforms and i hate it, its so restricting. whats the point of having your own thoughts if you cant express those thoughts through an outlet. that outlet being your choice of clothing. i know that mast schools do this because of people being judged for the clothes they wear, but if they judge a person by their personality, then cloths don't mater, do they.

• because children cannot express themselves with uniforms or show their individuality.

• UNIFORMS SUCK MAN!

• School uniforms does not consider all when designed, regulating some ethnicities to meet the self-imposed price of education. Racism is a common topic, as many schools enforce the uniform being inconsiderate to the articles of clothing which one religion must wear. This includes regulating veils or jewelry, indispensable to the faith which a firm, religious youth must follow. Aside from racism, expenses for the uniform may be exorbitant or dear in area. With a greater gap in the income of the wealthy and economically unfortunate, education is demanding and can feel importunate to some, as free education should not be offered with pricy clothing. Secondly, school uniforms infringe students rights as people, specifically through the prohibition of self-expression. The rulebooks enforce the wearing of uniforms, depriving students of common freedom and, in America, going on constitution and editing that students must follow school laws, which schools imposed in their own right. The uniforms may be unappealing and, to many people who sport richer fabrics, are uncomfortable. The outcome of all of these points is depression, thus resulting in weaker performance in class. Even with other forms of self expression, such as through hair or footwear, clothes symbolize a large form of individuality to teenagers and uniforms interfere with the development cycle from adolescence into adulthood. Lastly, the uniforms do not benefit the students in the way which they were designed for. However, the common bully neglects the uniform and selects either racism of religion or a personality flaw to attack someone. The uniform, in formal schools, could be used to a bullies advantage as they can jerk and suffocate a student. Moreover, uniforms fail to completely formalize a student, as many do not have access to wash their clothes or many self-created their uniform using poor fabrics. As the second reason would be rare, uniforms would prove differentiating students difficult, and in the case of falsely stating a students name as anothers, offensive. Especially, "The findings indicate that student uniforms have no direct effect on substance use, behavioral problems, or attendance. A negative effect of uniforms on student academic achievement was found." as Kerry A. Rockquemore, of University of Notre Dame stated. The lack of any benefits of uniforms render them obsolete, and there are no reasons why schools should use uniforms. Many people can state logical reasons supporting uniforms, such as uniforms subside the risk of distraction from class. However, a lack of uniform teaches students an important lesson on how to neglect distractions. If students are exposed to disturbing clothing, resistance can help the student build a control of emotions, preparing the students to show the appropriate face at the appropriate time. Along with the first argument, one may maintain that uniform teaches a student to comply with rules. Of course this is a good skill to have, but a school has nearly enough codes of conduct to neglect one, the uniform. The dress code additionally is said to remove peer pressure from the class, though self-confidence is a strong factor which needs to be practiced by students. With or without a uniform, a student still has rules to follow.

• If students don't like uniforms, they shouldn't were those. Forcing is bad.

• uniforms suck

• what is a good day without a bright sea of colors?

• I think schools should not have uniforms because then they wont really get to express there true self to other people. That and uniforms suck why would any one want to wear them in the first place. Pluse if teachers get to wear what they want then so should the kids that go to that school.

• because kids should be able to wear what they want what there personality wants

• no because kids want to feel uniqe(I know i am spelling it wrong) But with school uniforms they feel like they are just normal and the same as other kids

• Do you really think school uniforms help children to learn?

• Im just gon say it strait up i hate uniforms

• I think it is not a good because it takes away our freedom. There are security in my school and i cant even go to another class without a pass (that rhymed) that took away much of our freedom. And then we get uniforms. Wonder what will come next? No high fives because it "hurts"? The possibilities are andless.

• They shouldnt have 2

• I chose this because school uniforms, some people have allerigies to certain types of fabrics, and I have allergies.

• no uniforms!!!!!

• They are expensive and unnecessary, i think that its fine to have some sort of rules about how to dress (otherwise people might come to school wearing only underpants), but making everyone look like clones i dont think is neccesary.

• Students post stuff like: It's ugly, students need to express themselves e.c.t. AS a student I agree however there are more important issues like, most school uniforms (AKA mine) are so uncomfortable i can't concentrate! it is so square, I believe students should be able to wear their own clothes because it would help with their learning (belive it or not). WE'RE A SCHOOL, NOT A CULT! is another issue with uniforms, it's like when we get in our uniform it's like we are agreeing to this, people think we take pride in our school, when it's not true. On the other hand with free dress I see no issue. if the school had rules on what type of clothes, that'd be fine. For example plain colored shirt with plain pants, THATS ALL! Here there would be no outcasting, rudeness that reflects on the school and the students are happier and will take more pride in the school.

• "Kids will be bullied for not wearing fashionable clothes." If there are issues with bullying in schools, then isn't the best option to try and deal with the issues, such as by teaching kids not to judge others by their appearance, rather than go to great lengths to avoid them, like we already do by enforcing uniforms on children? Also, uniforms will only protect children from bullying inside school - what about outside of school, when they are wearing their own clothes? And what about when they leave school, to workplaces such as offices when uniform is not mandatory? Uniform may prevent some degree of bullying whilst at school, but once the students leave, they will lose that protection. They need to learn to feel comfortable in their own clothes.

• no

• im special

• Do you want to express yourself and be able to show your friends your new clothes? or Would you rather wear the same uniforms like everyone else? Well, I think that students shouldn’t have to wear school uniforms. Is there a reason that students should wear uniforms? Uniforms are worthless, and there is no point for them. Why do students need them? One reason why schools say that we should is because of the constant bullying but, that is not going to stop the kids from bullying. Usually kids that bully have been bullied or something is wrong with their personal life, so they take it on smaller or other kids. Some kids bully because how children dress, but bullies usually find a way to still bully smaller or different kids. I have three helpful reasons why students shouldn’t wear uniforms. First, they are very expensive. Some uniforms tops cost around $26.99-$44.99, and pants or shorts cost around $34.99- $44.99. Are you serious? None of our parents can afford that...especially student’s parents that are in a budget or in a debt. You have to at least get two pairs of shirts and two pairs of pants or shorts, just in case the first pair(s) get dirty or they’re too small. Also you have to buy a specific color shoe. Like: white, or navy blue, but it depends on the school. Another reason is individuality. In all of my sources that I researched, they all said uniforms don’t allow individuality. And it’s true. Everyone is unique in their own way, and everyone deserves to express their free choice of color and clothing. Individuality is very important for teenagers and kids, they would want to show off their clothes and have fun with their choice of colors. It would be very boring and plain to dress like everybody else. “Individuality shows who you are,” a source says. THANK YOU!. “You won’t be able to tell what type of person they are, because they all dress the same as each other,” another source says. I totally agree with this source because it’s completely true. If I had to wear uniforms, like everybody else, I would think that everybody is acting the same way, and they weren’t themselves. There is so many reasons why individuality is a big reason why students shouldn’t wear uniforms. Last but not least, freedom of expression. WHERE’S OUR FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION WITH UNIFORMS! It’s not fair that us students aren’t allowed to express our freedom this is a free country right? “There is a certain chance that students aren’t allowed to have a certain hairstyle,” a source says. Are you kidding me? You won’t allow students to have a mohawk or a cut that say SD or something? It’s a “free country” (like the government and everyone says), I can have any haircut I want. “We should express how we are by what we like to wear and how we feel about certain things,” a source states. The obvious point of why we shouldn’t wear uniforms is because of self-expression. We are all unique in our ways, and we all have the freedom to express it. In conclusion, we shouldn’t have to wear uniforms! I have given three helpful reasons why we shouldn’t, and they all make sense. There are so many more reasons why we shouldn’t wear uniforms. Like i said before, and i’m going to say it again, bullying occurs whether we have uniforms or not! It doesn’t stop bullies. YES, i’m against bullying, but aren’t kids mature enough to tell a teacher, or the principal could say you’ll get suspended, to scare the bullies. You’re probably thinking; she doesn’t care if students get bullied? that is not what I said. I still do not like how people bully because of their problems, but there is a way to stop IT, without having to wear uniforms. Girls may wear some crop tops or shorty- shorts, but all you really need to do is create a dress code for girls to stop wearing that and they’ll get suspended if it is constant, BUT, you don’t need uniforms for that! “School uniforms encourage followers, not leaders,” a source states. Aren’t leaders what a great school needs? We don’t want everyone to look the same, because that causes followers! So, principals is it really worth to make every kid looking the same, without being themselves, because you made them to? “Whether we are happy, dark, or crazy, we show it, without even having to say it, through our clothes,” a source says.

• Uniforms cover up a kids uniqueness

• uniforms are good

• We do need a dress code so no one wear's anything bad, but a uniform is taking it to far.

• Studies have shown that uniforms sometimes are the cause of a loss of creativity, also, look at DogzRules' comment.

• Schools tell you to be yourself then make you look the same as everyone else

• SHOULD YOUR JOB BE PICKED FOR YOU ALONG WITH THE UNIFORM? OK, I PICK "SIGN WAIVING MASCOT" FOR YOU. NOOOO. IF THE GOVT WANTS PEOPLE TO HAVE BETTER CLOTHES WHILE THEY FORCE PAYMENT AND ATTENDANCE OF DECONCENTRATION CAMP, THEY SHOULD PROVIDE A STIPEND FOR EVERY STUDENT... EQUAL UNDER THE LAW... AND JUSTICE FOR ALL...

• I LOVE CLOTHES DONT MAKE ME WEAR KAKIS IM NOT JAKE FROM STATE FARM.

• You can't be forced to wear anything it's stupid!!!

• maybe someone has no money to the uniform

• no because they are too expensive and they are annoying

Posted by: adixon
  • This prevents freedom of expression throughout a student-body.

• I went to a private school and thankfully they didn't have uniforms, just a sane dress code. Who wants to be forced into some box and look the same as everyone else?

• My school has uniform and I HATE it. It just makes everyone look the same. I think u should be able to express yourself. We should be able to have our own style. Uniforms are just not cool. Uniform is boring. It's not exciting. Think about it, u see someone's shirt or pants or something and you're like "wow, u look nice!" Or "wow, that outfit is hot!" People could like get along more, be nice to each other, compliment each other. U look at uniforms and it's just so plain and boring. And this goes to ALL schools with uniform. Stop the uniforms, let people express themselves. Your dress code policy sucks. We can't all look the same. It's plain boring, so stop

• While making students wear uniforms could keep people the same and prevent judgement of other outfits, usually uniforms are more expensive than other clothes.

• Kids should have the right of what they wear.

• Kids shouldn't wear school uniform because wearing school uniforms remove ones uniqueness and kids wearing clothes they are comfortable in can learn more efficiently.

• I don't see why teachers can wear whatever they want, act and talk at their will, and get paid for it, while students need to pay to learn, pay for the books and equipment, have their rights and freedom of speech taken away from them, and over all wear school uniforms that have no real reason and just make you look the same as anyone else and frankly, lowers teen's self esteem. Children aren't soldiers. They need their freedom and creativity.

• I think schools should never have uniforms because parents don't want to go everywhere looking for the right pleaded skirts or the right cargo pants or anything else. They might even cost a fortune! Yeah I get it, you don't want kids coming to school half naked or without shoes. But at least write specific things to were. Like in a catholic school were a skirt that's at least on you're knees. Or in a yeshiva don't were jeans at all. I think I made a fair point.

• r

• Uniforms lack individuality and students lose the feeling of being different from everyone else in their own way.

• Public School Perspective: A government owned school, being free to the public and following federal and state laws should never even think about infringing the 1st amendment right of freedom of expression and the right to personal/private property. Your clothing is what expresses you and what you own yourself. And for the government to enact a bland uniform would also make students dull and not unique. So loosen up and let the kids wear what they want. Private School Perspective: As a private school is owned and maintained by private enterprise the school is able to decide what ever they want.

• Students shouldn't have to wear school because school is not a place to try to be somebody your not it's a place where you can freely show who you really are

• Why should kids need to wear uniform when teachers get a choice, sure they have restrictions too but kids have to wear only the cloths and nothing else, they get screamed at for not wearing some stupid cloths.

• Personally I believe that a uniform does not help bullying, if someone is going to bully you it doesn't matter anything about you it matters about them and their insecurities.

• I went to a school with school uniforms, and boy it was just terrible. To be honest my grades dropped, i was distracted, and i was picked on because i wore tights. All of these reasons for having school uniforms I think are absurd. Besides the one that says that it makes the school look professional, i have to agree with that. Plus i love shopping for new clothes to wear to school the next day, but with uniforms you really can't do that. Plus if someone loves Pikachu or Pierce the Viel they really can't express that through a uniform. I rest my case. :) (btw when i didn't have uniforms i got all a's and moves to eigth garde mah in sixth grade) NO UNIFORMS!

• I think school uniforms are useful in enforcing the rules and ideas of the school because clothing represents qualities. Although this is true, I believe that enforcing school uniforms is directly opposing individuality in a student which should be embraced. It really matters the situation.

• some school uniforms are extrememly ugly for example mine

• Tinker v. Des Moines

• because ever time there is bullying it is about clothes

• Kids should be able to express themselves everywhere they go. Never be afraid of yourself show people who you are and be proud of it. 😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋

• It restricts the freedom of students to express themselves.

• Kids should not have to wear uniforms. Schools say that uniforms help prevent bullying, but they don't. If a student is going to bully someone else that's their choice. People get bullied for all sorts of reasons and clothes is sometimes one. Anymore people get bullied for height, voice, weight, relationship, politics, etc. I understand private schools having uniforms, but families also pay more money to have their children in a private school. Public schools on the other hand are for everyone, not the rich, not the poor, but EVERYONE. There is going to be some students who have wealthier families than others. Some families are not able to buy uniforms, which cost about $249. Not all families spend hundreds of dollars on back-to-school clothes. Some students get nothing but hand-me-downs. Some families are living in apartments and barely have enough money for rent. Allowing students to wear what they want (within reason) allows for them to express themselves and interests. School uniforms take away a right that everyone has, to dress how they want. I do think that schools should have dress codes though. Some students dress way too inappropriate for school, and no offense to females, but it is mostly the females who get in trouble with dress codes.

Posted by: Tariy
  • some people want to express wat they like by wat thy ware

Posted by: 708488
  • Usually uniforms are based on gender norms: girls have to wear skirts and boys have to wear pants. This is just wrong, clothes should not be gender based at all. Second, fashion for most people is a way to express themselves and their identity, and by making everyone conform you are stripping that away.

Posted by: anon17
  • I would like to have the option to wear whatever i like because school uniform gets annoying sometimes!!

• This rule would be an obstruction of liberty and ruin the clothes business very badly.

• Public schools have no right who are they to tell me what to put on my body

• Kids need to express themselves. They will all look the same! How will a teacher get to know them without their style? What if it got a stain on it?

• Kid's shouldn't have their creativity and freedom of expression supressed at least until society does it at 18.

• i believe in letting kids express themselves in what kinda of clothes they like and sure some kids will get bullied for it but bullying will happen everywhere because of anything (a picture they posted ,something they said to someone else, ect) with or without the uniform

• Saying that it would prevent some kinds of bullying (e.g. if everyone wears the same clothes no one should have any reason to mock at anybody else's clothes) or other things is not sufficient reason for implementing it. In my opinion, it is an easy answer does does not really try to address and eliminate the real underlying problems. Their use is not strongly justified and therefore it should not be compulsory to wear them.

• People should be able to wear what they feel comfortable in.

• How it affects kids: One of the strongest ways to express yourself is with the clothing you wear. When I first met my bestie Llaurenthellama, I could instantly tell she loved horses because of the ones on her shirt. I was right. She LOVED horses! By taking away freedom of clothing, you're taking away the freedom to express yourself. If someone bullies you about it, say something smart back to them like, "You don't have to wear it or look at me even," or "Everyone has their tastes, and it's not something to tease about. This is who I am." How it affects the school: School uniforms would be restrictive, and not many people want to go to a restrictive school. The school would lose popularity. And with it, money. If nobody went there anymore, it'd be a pointless school.

• That's just wrong. Students are already alike, why make them exactly the same?

Posted by: Floofy
  • School uniform was put in place to protect kids from other people, so that the school and other students can easily tell if that kid is from that school or is a stranger. However, from my experience, there hasn't ever been ANY danger, and I've been wearing school uniform for the past 9 years.

• they need freedom

cici_toocute says2014-01-30T19:07:14.9648655-06:00
Why uniforms I mean who wants to lokk the same as everyone else all the time>. I know I dont
SweetTea says2014-02-02T02:54:12.8093899-06:00
It won't kill them! I did it. My kids did, too. When you wear uniforms, you don't care about who has the hottest sneakers or clothes. You focus on the books and classroom. Out of school, you are free to wear whatever ... Express your individuality. Honestly, if dressing for school is the highpoint of your life -- you don't have one!
Angelos says2014-02-06T14:07:59.1762713-06:00
Wear uniforms because of security? The truth is that anyone can wear a school uniform, whether they're from the school or not. An ID card is good enough.
gaurda506841 says2014-02-09T22:23:00.7522942-06:00
Here is an essay that i had to write for school. There are many good reasons for kids to wear uniforms, but I’m only going to name the most important and strongest reasons why there should be uniforms. Uniforms can decrease the amount of time to get dressed, prevent gangs from forming on campus, and can lower the amount of money spent for clothes cause of peer pressure. Here are some mind-blowing facts that you might find interesting. Have you ever been the person who’s trying to find an awesome or cute outfit when your mom and dad are yelling at you to hurry up? Well uniforms will prevent that from happening ever again. All you need to do is just get a shirt and pants or skirt of whatever you’re supposed to wear and go to school. By doing this it will be a time saver and not have you and your parents fighting for you to get a move on. This will also make parents less grumpy and have a better relationship in the morning. Sometimes gangs can form on school campuses with distinct patterns, jackets, and bandanas to see who belongs to which gang. If students were only allowed to wear uniforms and jackets with no words on them then they can’t wear any bandanas, jackets, and patterns. If gangs can’t form then other students wont are so scared that they wont come to school being one of many bystanders that are too scared to tell a teacher. Sometimes teachers can feel uncomfortable or intimidated when they start to see a big group of kids wearing a similar jacket or colored bandanas. By stopping students from wearing specific and similar clothes teachers will be able to feel safe in a school environment. Unpopular kids can sometimes be peer pressured even though another student isn’t even telling that person to get the latest fashion of clothes. “American parents spend an average of $246.10 on clothes helping to make fall the second-biggest consumer-spending season of the year, behind only the winter holidays,” says Mark Boyer who has written several other articles. Students who are less popular beg their parents to buy the latest clothes. If there were uniforms, parents would save $246 every year and trust me they would be very happy to have an extra $246 back in their pockets. As you can see uniforms can save time, prevent gangs, and save money. I hope you can say yes to uniforms with confidence and remember these helping facts that will help you in the future. Instead of saying yes to the dress, lets say yes to uniforms.
Angelos says2014-02-10T05:45:25.4586897-06:00
@Gaurda506841, you stated your reasons why to wear school uniforms: saves time, prevents gangs and saves money. - School uniforms save time It is true that school uniforms can save time when it comes to dressing in the morning, especially when a student wakes up late. However, it all depends on how the student use their time on dressing up. For me, I do not wear a school uniform to school. Instead, I wear whatever clothes I want to wear and I'm still left with 30 minutes or more to eat breakfast, check my homework, go to school and even have enough time to hang out with my friends before school starts. However, you have those who take their time to choose what clothing to wear for school. Once again, it depends on how a student plan ahead. For me, my clothes are prepared the night before school starts. That way, when I am dressing up, I wouldn't be wasting time on choosing what to wear. - School uniforms prevent gangs I disagree with this. In my school, James Campbell High School, a very prosperous school, there are still gangs who wear their school uniforms. So what if a gang is not allowed to wear a bandanna, jacket or a specific type of clothing? They're still able to hang out together and perform certain actions regardless of their clothing. In fact, in my school, the gangs don't really care about what they wear, for clothing does not affect their unity. Gangs can still represent themselves without clothing such as hanging out at a specific location. Therefore, if a gang member is told to wear a school uniform, they'll wear the uniform, but that does not mean that they will be separated from their gang unless the gang cares about clothing, which is really absurd. Gangs can form with or without school uniforms. If a gang shows their representation through clothing, gangs would change their clothing to something that is appropriate to wear. - School uniforms save money It depends on how the parent and/or student spend their money on buying clothes. For instance, I do not always buy clothes, but when I do, I spend the money I have wisely. Foolish spending is what cause parents and/or students to lose a lot of money when it comes to buying clothes. In fact, in two years, I have been wearing the same clothes that I bought with the money I had. I have about 10 flannels, but they are not expensive, in my own opinion. By washing them daily, I am able to wear the flannels instead of the school uniform for a very long time-probably for several years without buying any more clothes.
gaurda506841 says2014-02-11T18:27:40.6228667-06:00
I agree with you but im talking about kids that aren't as organized as you and yes gangs can form wherever but im talking about gangs that form ON campus.
Kealakehe808 says2014-02-18T23:28:41.0351183-06:00
Students should wear them Because Since everyone looks the same And there is an Intruder was visiting the School, then you would know who belongs at the Campus and who doesn't. So before you go "EWWWWWWW I DONT WANNA LOOK LYKE A NERD FOR MY SKOOL PHOTOS!!!!1!!!One!1!" use your brain and Learn to spell. Thank you (I am 14 and im sure i have a better understanding on how to auctually learn and not think about starbucks all day :/ SMH)
Kealakehe808 says2014-02-18T23:30:29.4172120-06:00
@cici_toocute Would you rather be able to pick out who doesn't belong, Or find out that there's been a shooting at your school?
lil-wnek says2014-02-21T10:29:54.1816900-06:00
You never can and never will make me wear school uniforms
pitbull says2014-02-24T10:08:16.2036764-06:00
I aery with lil-wnek
CTLinfinite says2014-02-26T14:40:46.9585462-06:00
I don't
CTLinfinite says2014-02-26T14:41:01.5444527-06:00
Nfrjhfuiaerhf
CTLinfinite says2014-02-26T15:10:33.4106128-06:00
Nigeria
piceofpie says2014-03-05T11:37:31.6297855-06:00
I am compleatly against this idea of having to wear school uniforms because it limits kids ability to be themselfs. Teachers are alwase telling kids to "be yourself" but when kids try to be themselfs they are cut short by he school uniform and even though they make everyone equil they are not somekids are wondering what they are going to eat for dinner and some are wondering is they will get dinner. People will never learn legaly we are all the same mentaly we are all so diffrent that one person can't comprehend another persons point of view without truly knowing there own
kkathleen80 says2014-03-20T10:29:26.2773634-05:00
Yes i think children should wear uniforms because it will save time in the morning getting ready, and it will give them a lesser chance of being bullied for what they wear.. This will also benifit the parents because they dont have to worry about buying you child name brand clothing..
lina_spadafora says2014-03-20T10:29:51.1281634-05:00
Its safe for kids and less money spent
Supersiri says2014-03-27T07:18:46.8834282-05:00
Ye man super Siri jimmy bagels in the hood
Supersiri says2014-03-27T07:20:07.4735448-05:00
Ye going for poo
adamshtern11 says2014-04-07T13:14:36.5106509-05:00
Blah
muffenman says2014-05-07T18:51:04.2562128-05:00
Bacalas
muffenman says2014-05-07T18:53:51.2879967-05:00
My mom says you all are nerd
debate_power says2014-05-19T14:08:07.6800496-05:00
Ahem. I have only three words. Order. Conformity. Happiness.
SmartGirlie says2014-05-21T08:50:37.0757146-05:00
Llamas are wearing party hats are in ALASKA
zinash says2014-05-27T10:52:20.5317701-05:00
Hi people
debate_power says2014-05-29T09:45:37.4568310-05:00
Uniforms for uniformity, solid rules for solidarity.
dee_dee_love says2014-06-05T09:12:31.9354681-05:00
If you like getting bullied u shouldnt!!!!!!
debate_power says2014-06-05T20:14:42.8495764-05:00
My political and core beliefs dictate that I should be unopposed to anything within reason that is designed to promote order, discipline, and unity.
Criomorph says2014-07-03T17:29:17.9419255-05:00
I rather fancy the idea of a school uniform, however, I don't think that they should be forced. I think all schools should have uniforms, and all students should be made aware of those uniforms, but the ownership and wearing of those uniforms should be optional.
DeAnna13 says2014-07-23T11:50:17.0590623-05:00
Uniforms don't let us express ourselves, sure if we wore them we'd save more money clothing-wise, but why look like everyone else when you can have your own unique style.
QuizzicalZizzle says2014-09-22T19:46:12.9548115-05:00
I think school uniforms can almost sometimes be a little sexist, because they usually make girls wear a dress or a skirt, but what if we want to wear athletic clothing?
fain.h says2014-10-06T09:15:57.6380433-05:00
It makes everyone look the same all but the hair and face
funkyfreshfrydaddy says2014-10-07T11:33:51.2254483-05:00
I don't like school uni's cuz the girls aren't as pretty
quantum3126 says2014-11-06T09:05:19.8402527-06:00
Listen People who say that wearing uniforms will stop bullying because they are all wearing the same thing well guess what they are WRONG!!!! As with all clothes some will look good in it and others will not and the one who do not look good in the clothing will get bullied for it, so saying that wearing a uniform will stop bullying is a BIG FAT LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jaan says2014-11-12T08:59:43.2974380-06:00
I am wearing a uniform right now &and it stinks & i am 10 years old & i think i am going to get bullied
gsrhraeghraerag says2014-11-12T09:07:50.3387938-06:00
School sucks
jaan says2014-11-12T09:09:27.8935932-06:00
That's right MUFFIN MAN
gsrhraeghraerag says2014-11-12T09:10:06.5825852-06:00
Jjaaddeenn
yhgyh says2014-11-13T09:48:42.9094329-06:00
I like that you all have good arguements
porkypig says2014-11-20T10:23:00.2879068-06:00
School uniforms just make every one look the same what is the individuality in that. NOTHING!
debating101 says2014-12-16T11:10:44.1458768-06:00
You should be able to express yourself
Kreakin says2014-12-16T11:16:32.0086457-06:00
School is not a fashion show, uniforms allow people to focus on what they are there for. A good education.
guitarsmakeusbetter says2015-01-06T11:07:58.6579183-06:00
I hate the world
candy1234 says2015-01-14T10:57:29.1134275-06:00
Uniforms suck!
bagels33 says2015-02-10T15:47:53.0917230-06:00
Sometimes I bury myself in the garden and pretend im a carrot
rkdalsdn13 says2015-02-11T06:04:10.3306039-06:00
The school uniforms sucks the ....
Xxprives1xx says2015-02-13T07:41:56.7329933-06:00
So all u who say no want kids to conTINUE TO GETT PICKED ON FOR WHAT THEY WEAR
Ghalo says2015-02-18T06:21:14.0077844-06:00
If children are religious, they should be allowed to wear the clothes that express their religion, but school a uniform can often restrict this. Religious beliefs can be extremely valuable and important to many children, giving their lives a great deal of meaning and structure and inspiring them to work hard and behave compassionately in a school environment. Some religions place a great deal of value upon worn symbols of faith, such as turbans, headdresses and bracelets. When a school demands that a child remove these symbols, it inadvertently attacks something central to that child’s life. This may cause the child to see her school and her faith as mutually exclusive institutions[1]. Vulnerable young people should not be forced into an adversarial relationship with their school, as close, collaborative involvement with teaching and learning techniques will greatly effect a child’s ability to adapt, learn and acquire new skills in the future. For example, school skirts are often not long enough for Muslim girls, who believe that they should cover most of their bodies. To allow children to express their religions, we should get rid of school uniforms. Article 19 of The Universal Declaration of Human Rights states that "Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression"[18]. Children's freedom of expression is restricted by school uniforms, because children who have to wear the same clothing as every other child in their school are not able to express their individuality and creativity. We should get rid of school uniform so that all children can express themselves freely.
Frankthetank5 says2015-02-18T13:17:38.4030774-06:00
Hi
Frankthetank5 says2015-02-19T12:58:22.3673192-06:00
Nice one ndude24
MakaylaM says2015-02-25T13:20:49.8160517-06:00
I agree with you guys. Well our school we get juged but what we wear and how we look in it so i think we should have uniforms ps i am single
DaniM says2015-02-25T13:29:39.5633943-06:00
First i agree with MakaylaM . Her and i do go to the same school and some people do get bullied by what they were.
MakaylaM says2015-02-25T13:40:56.3018600-06:00
Yes it is true DanaM Dose go to my school i am sitting next to her right now
MakaylaM says2015-02-25T13:43:20.3416098-06:00
Hi dana
breanna.ruiz1 says2015-02-26T14:01:21.3082661-06:00
I agree, uniforms are killing people's creativity. I mean do you really think that uniforms are the way to go. Like no. I mean maybe a shirt or an ID or something but, not a full outfit!! Do schools really think that being the same is a good thing. People want to feel unique. People would hate when everybody looks the exact same.
bagels333 says2015-03-03T12:49:14.2315806-06:00
Bagels are round
NesaKittle says2015-03-06T10:30:29.3322987-06:00
I agree we should have school uniforms
Awesomenessisawesome says2015-03-09T12:57:07.2642159-05:00
I think that we should not have to wear school uniforms. Because then you feel, well, not free.
sutarius123 says2015-03-09T14:04:08.4612837-05:00
They suck
the_crazymikecx says2015-03-11T11:00:54.1287944-05:00
I'm typing this comment because I agree with all of you. Uniforms shouldn't wear in school, cause they don't improve the fashion treatment, or their personality, like communication (I don't think I put that right) with others. Another reason the we shouldn't wear uniforms, is they suck :p
pootiebee says2015-03-11T14:10:30.8888119-05:00
Hate school uniforms not cool tbn
sethpoop says2015-03-16T09:54:47.5710530-05:00
I think uniforms are bad and smoking is bad to but yo mamma says different Yo mamma so old her birth certificate says Expired
magicspyro90 says2015-03-30T09:41:49.3108406-05:00
Le
mybirdsarecool says2015-04-10T21:18:48.1292136-05:00
Wearing a uniform sucks it makes you look like other people, takes away your creativity in choice of outfit and takes away one of the things you get control of at school your outfit choice is one of the only freedoms you have
BabaCupcakes says2015-04-15T13:52:25.0064035-05:00
Do you want to express yourself and be able to show your friends your new clothes? Or Would you rather wear the same uniforms like everyone else? Well, I think that students shouldn’t have to wear school uniforms. Is there a reason that students should wear uniforms? Uniforms are worthless, and there is no point for them. Why do students need them? One reason why schools say that we should is because of the constant bullying but, that is not going to stop the kids from bullying. Usually kids that bully have been bullied or something is wrong with their personal life, so they take it on smaller or other kids. Some kids bully because how children dress, but bullies usually find a way to still bully smaller or different kids. I have three helpful reasons why students shouldn’t wear uniforms. First, they are very expensive. Some uniforms tops cost around $26.99-$44.99, and pants or shorts cost around $34.99- $44.99. Are you serious? None of our parents can afford that...Especially student’s parents that are in a budget or in a debt. You have to at least get two pairs of shirts and two pairs of pants or shorts, just in case the first pair(s) get dirty or they’re too small. Also you have to buy a specific color shoe. Like: white, or navy blue, but it depends on the school. Another reason is individuality. In all of my sources that I researched, they all said uniforms don’t allow individuality. And it’s true. Everyone is unique in their own way, and everyone deserves to express their free choice of color and clothing. Individuality is very important for teenagers and kids, they would want to show off their clothes and have fun with their choice of colors. It would be very boring and plain to dress like everybody else. “Individuality shows who you are,” a source says. THANK YOU!. “You won’t be able to tell what type of person they are, because they all dress the same as each other,” another source says. I totally agree with this source because it’s completely true. If I had to wear uniforms, like everybody else, I would think that everybody is acting the same way, and they weren’t themselves. There is so many reasons why individuality is a big reason why students shouldn’t wear uniforms. Last but not least, freedom of expression. WHERE’S OUR FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION WITH UNIFORMS! It’s not fair that us students aren’t allowed to express our freedom this is a free country right? “There is a certain chance that students aren’t allowed to have a certain hairstyle,” a source says. Are you kidding me? You won’t allow students to have a mohawk or a cut that say SD or something? It’s a “free country” (like the government and everyone says), I can have any haircut I want. “We should express how we are by what we like to wear and how we feel about certain things,” a source states. The obvious point of why we shouldn’t wear uniforms is because of self-expression. We are all unique in our ways, and we all have the freedom to express it. In conclusion, we shouldn’t have to wear uniforms! I have given three helpful reasons why we shouldn’t, and they all make sense. There are so many more reasons why we shouldn’t wear uniforms. Like i said before, and i’m going to say it again, bullying occurs whether we have uniforms or not! It doesn’t stop bullies. YES, i’m against bullying, but aren’t kids mature enough to tell a teacher, or the principal could say you’ll get suspended, to scare the bullies. You’re probably thinking; she doesn’t care if students get bullied? That is not what I said. I still do not like how people bully because of their problems, but there is a way to stop IT, without having to wear uniforms. Girls may wear some crop tops or shorty- shorts, but all you really need to do is create a dress code for girls to stop wearing that and they’ll get suspended if it is constant, BUT, you don’t need uniforms for that! “School uniforms encourage followers, not leaders,” a source states. Aren’t leaders what a great school needs? We don’t want everyone to look the same, because that causes followers! So, principals is it really worth to make every kid looking the same, without being themselves, because you made them to? “Whether we are happy, dark, or crazy, we show it, without even having to say it, through our clothes,” a source says.
SmartGuyBestOpinions64 says2015-04-23T07:33:40.2770044-05:00
Some of the earliest railways sprang up in the early 1800s during the industrial revolution.
xxx_debater_xxx says2015-04-30T16:11:33.4909028-05:00
Uniforms are good because xxx_debater_xxx says uniforms are good... Uniforms are love uniforms are. But i voted for no.Avi
Najs says2015-06-08T18:06:53.7100000-05:00
People must remember what a school is used for, to educate young minds and that should be the only focus. It is not a mall. Wearing school uniforms carries more positives, not wearing uniforms carries more negatives. I went to private school most of my childhood and had to wear uniforms. I grew to hating it and longed to go to a school without clothing restrictions. I was later granted my wish and yearned to return to private school with uniforms. I learned the great importance it carried and the reasons of why they were implemented. The only reason why some people reject the idea of uniforms is for shallow concerns such as "I want to wear what I want to wear!" and incapable of seeing the bigger picture. I read a lot of good reasons to promote school uniforms, but here is another reason. Some female students wanting to express their sexuality through their clothing at a school, if they feel they are sexually harassed then who is to blame? Students can wear what they want after school and on weekends. At school? No.
ClaymoreC4 says2015-06-09T16:53:16.3021452-05:00
Turn the USA into a militaristic school education that way there is no tolerance for bullies, discipline helps students succeed better in school also if USA get's attack everyone who is an enemy gets killed also there would be no school shootings because the students would know how to disarm enemies. That is my closing stament
Humanities says2015-06-15T10:12:39.6692154-05:00
School uniforms are a good idea because it is cheaper, it lessens bullying , and is not always as bad as it seems. Research shows that the cost of an entire wardrobe is usually over 5,000 dollars. A set of school uniforms are 500 dollars. Also studies show that a lot of bullies focus their bullying on what kids/ adults wear. If everyone is wearing the same thing then thats one thing that bullies cant bully on. Finally uniforms dont always have to look really bad. For example some uniforms are designed to look cool. Just look on google
Humanities says2015-06-15T10:16:38.8404629-05:00
School uniforms don't allow you to express yourself. People say that school uniforms help prevent bullying. People don't usually bully people about what they wear, they bully them on their personality, hair, or size. School uniforms also cost a lot. If one family can barely afford it... Than they probably wont have enough to wash it in the washing machine every night. Washing it every night can cause the water bill to raise. Uniforms are a bad Idea.
Humanities says2015-06-16T09:07:50.0095111-05:00
I meant to choose yes but anyways...I think we should have school uniforms because some people judge you for what your wearing and it hurts people's feelings because they are getting judged. It would be easier to all just wear the same thing. It would also be easier for girls and sometimes boys because you don't have to go threw our dressers being stressed of what to wear!! And parents wouldn't have to spend so much money on clothes.
TheLovelyDebater says2015-07-18T11:34:35.2817231-05:00
I think that uniforms depends on which school. Uniforms should definitely not be required in public schools, but for private and charter schools it should be completely up to them because then the student and family are aware of the uniform requirement before enrolling there and they get to make their own choice.
seriously1 says2015-07-24T19:21:25.2259299-05:00
People all over the world are wearing uniforms, these days. Everyone on social media are posting pictures of clothes that they WOULD wear to school, if uniforms would not exist. School is already taking away our privileges of the most simple things, like going to the bathroom, or sitting were ever we want in the lunch room. I think most of the reason why kids want to grow up and not have to go to school anymore is because school is to forceful. Girls at my age are starting to grow up in a way that they need to walk out of the room for a while without waiting for the teacher to finally see their hand waving in the air for 30 minutes. Kids need room to grow and currently school is not giving them any room at all. It will take people a year or so to realize that clothes are not going to stop bullying. I bet suicide has gone up. People are being bullied and now your giving them uniforms I bet you that doesn't make them want to live anymore than before. Instead of making us the students wear something that doesn't express who WE are, you should tell the TEACHERS to be more respectful. The people who live from bullying are some of the most successful people in the world. Also, a lot of students would agree that the teachers are the bullies. Mother told me about a time in middle school were the teacher pulled her to the front of the class room and told her " does your face hurt, 'cause it's killing me " in a tone that the whole class could here her. Honestly I'm scared of going back to school. I bet that people are homeschooling more than they used to, because of the uniforms. As you see more people in this HUGE planet do not like uniforms. My family always tells me that its not possible to hate. But ever since uniforms came out I've proved my family wrong. I'm sure that there are things that I've should of put in this comment but I think you get my point anyways. So, I'm going to end my argue after the next sentence. I HATE SCHOOL UNIFORMS!!!!!
hellomynameisfact says2015-07-24T20:04:11.8927158-05:00
My mum gets paid minimum wage to wipe old ladies asses and one school top is 15 dollars. Bottom is 14 or 16 dollars. The gym top you ask? Oh that 45 dollars. Bottoms are 15 or 25 if you want the name on it. And they say it saves money. So no i think uniforms should not be allowed because not everybody is a millionaire and because it violates my rights of expression
Anonymous says2015-08-18T15:31:40.5616654Z
Personally speaking, I have been wearing school uniform for the past 9 years or so of my life for school and I think that it is should be necessary to wear school uniforms as it provides a certain equality among the kids. Some kids are not able to afford the posh clothing or trending fashion so they are often made fun of, so if we wear uniforms and it is a necessary rule, I think it would be good so that students feel a sense of equality rather than discrimination. Just voicing my opinion. :)
DebatePrince says2015-08-31T18:20:33.6466711Z
While it has been shown that school uniforms increase uniformity and camaraderie, school is a time for kids to express themselves and find out who they are as a person. So, I am mixed on this opinion.
brahmeek says2015-09-12T16:30:16.6864773Z
I thought school was to prepare you for the real world. In any job you have including construction work you have to dress a certain way
deeznuts1091 says2015-12-16T15:25:13.8687212Z
Fuck no
Beople says2016-01-16T01:38:17.0125979Z
Kids have the right to wear what they want to wear, they can't simply be forced to wear something specific. If they were to be forced into wearing uniforms, we would be ignoring children's rights. The right of choice and the right to make decisions.
Beople says2016-01-16T01:39:20.9730079Z
Beople says2016-01-16T01:40:23.8414109Z
HazelStone says2016-03-04T13:20:30.8163143Z
http://www.debate.org/debates/Students-should-wear-school-uniform./1/ Can you please vote?:D
HazelStone says2016-03-04T13:21:23.0620539Z
ihave2dadz says2016-03-04T14:07:17.8685398Z
Uniforms r gay m8 they get rekt 420
wilso says2016-03-04T18:47:15.9626192Z
No they should not have to wear school uniforms cause they will get bullied
jakob.l_741 says2016-03-22T12:17:39.6187184Z
People need to find a way to express themselves, so having a school uniform with many choices is best. People still need to look like they are part of the same school tho.
kureyma says2016-04-06T00:19:54.3726277Z
I don't think schools should have uniforms because that person can't expression who they really are.
ThatSleerGuy says2016-04-07T14:21:18.7041711Z
Individuality much?
ThatSleerGuy says2016-04-07T14:23:56.7799844Z
Individuality much?
Beople says2016-04-15T00:28:11.3380141Z
I strongly support not wearing uniforms, but if you're picking side, give a proper reason. Some people say they are ugly, but that is your school. Not enough proof. Still, I support the NO side
HamezRodrigeuzz says2016-05-13T03:09:44.2148396Z
I believe that school uniform is very disrespectful to the people in chairs
Diondre says2016-05-13T03:14:57.3244467Z
School uiform sucks ass
James_Stebs01 says2016-05-13T03:16:26.6194191Z
I disagree to hamezrodriguez and think that it is very disrespectful to people who are out of chairs
James_Stebs01 says2016-05-13T03:17:29.5970228Z
changesociety says2016-09-27T14:24:26.4621882Z
I am for school uniforms. They are cheap and you do not have to worry about what your child is going to wear or looks like everyday going to school. Kids are able to express themselves still, through accessories & THEIR PERSONALITY! I have bills and other things I need to spend money on, uniforms help me in that area of life. Even at my job, I have to wear a uniform. And I am SOOOO thankful for that. I have to be at work early and the last thing I want to do is try to find a decent outfit to wear everyday for both me and my kid! The money I am saving on clothes is going towards healthier meals and giving my kids the chance to do more things they enjoy;that I might not have been able to afford before.
changesociety says2016-09-27T14:26:24.1337425Z
TheFallenOneGOTH says2016-11-06T19:38:33.0513209Z
School uniforms, in my opinion, kill creativity when it comes to fashion.
TheFallenOneGOTH says2016-11-06T19:39:38.5790330Z
clowncrap says2017-03-16T18:44:44.0162066Z
I think we should not have schools uniforms because it dose not follow the first andmendment (freedom of ,expresion)
clowncrap says2017-03-16T18:54:59.2261718Z
I think we should not have schools uniforms because it dose not follow the first amendment (freedom of ,expression)
clowncrap says2017-03-16T18:59:53.9569718Z
woodyboy.com says2017-11-09T13:31:14.5275389Z
H h h h hjj hh h h h h h h h h h hh h h h h h h h hh h h h h h hh h h h h h hh h h h h hh h h h h h hh h h h h h hh h h h
woodyboy.com says2017-11-09T13:34:52.2893348Z
Belieber_1_3 says2017-12-18T16:39:43.7289816Z
I don't think so that students should wear School uniform because we go to school just to study. There's no relation of a uniform with studies so this rule should not be there.
FortniteGamerXDLOL says2019-02-27T20:47:25.1079323Z
Bruh
Potterr4ever says2020-01-14T20:58:57.7990921Z
Do people seriously believe that non-uniform means bullying? Is that seriously what people believe children are like nowadays? Mindless thugs who judge each other based on a colored fabric? Get over yourselves. . .

Freebase Icon   Portions of this page are reproduced from or are modifications based on work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License.