Someone gotta play Devil's advocate Just snap out of it. . . You are all ungrateful. Back in the day, We worked all day and we did not complain. You are all lazy. Mental health is just a lazy "excuse". There are starving kids in Africa and you are complaining? How selfish! Autism is just a term created by tyrannical Government and pharmaceutical companies. It is just an excuse so lousy people can go wild. ADHD is just another lousy excuse so kids won't have to learn pre calc. Just snap out of it. No excuses.
How'd I do?
It's 2019, Not 1955 Minors should be allowed access to the internet, The internet will help them in school assignments, Studying, And keeping up with life. Although it should be monitored.
What minors should be doing online:
- social media
- reading news
- chatting w/ other individuals
What they should not be doing online
- cyberbullying another individual
- making online threats
- drug dealing
- watching pornography content
- posting nude photos online
- giving out any personal information (Amazon, Online job application is an exception)
- doing anything illegal
Ethical issues to this topic There are ethical issues to this topic.
is the person severely ill?
Is the person severely injured?
Is the person a danger to society?
Is the world population more than what earth could handle? (Is the world overpopulated)
If any of these questions were answered yes, It might be a better idea to let them go. But there are conflicting issues to this.
Teenagers should be allowed to access technology under some circumstances Teenagers should be allowed to use mobile phones under these circumstances:
Only allowed to use mobile phone before school, During lunch at school, And after school. Unless teacher allows them to do so at any other time.
Only allowed to use mobile phone after finished with homework, And/or chores. Before curfew: which should be no earlier than 21:00 (9pm) and no later than 12:00 (12am. ) It is recommended for teenagers to refrain from screen time one hour before they go to sleep.
In an emergency:
In the event of an emergency: medical, Crime, Etc. Teenagers would have the access to call emergency services on their mobile phones, This can save the lives of him/her and people around him/her.
Teenagers should not be allowed to use mobile phones if they:
- Are cyberbullying another individual
- threatening a business or a person
- accessing and/or possessing pornography content
- using it excessively, By excessively I mean 4+ hours
- doing any illegal activity online
- is too much of distraction from work, School
- using mobile phone while operating motor vehicle
- drug dealing
- disrupting normal operation of a business