• Because they can learn to live

I think children should be left at home because they can learn how to live on their own at home and also practice how to live a proper life when their parents have gone somewhere or passed away. So I believe that the statement that I’m saying now is true

• Of course they should!

Young children should have some freedom. They need to have life skills for later on, and a good time to learn them is now! Learning to cook, clean up after themselves, they are all nesscesary skills in life. Leaving your child home alone for a few hours won't hurt, it will actually prepare them for the real world. Some parents work, too. They may have to leave early or be out late and they can't afford a sitter. Another example, single parents. They might not be able to afford the child, so they need all the money that they earn from work. When the parents leave, the children will be home and after a few times, they could know what to do in their sleep. There is something called a latchkey child, and they're everywhere! Latchkey children come home from school, do their homework, and eat a snack and watch some T.V. The child's routine is harmless, and soon enough their parents get home. This way the parents can work and earn money, and how children have enough freedom step by step.

• Yes kids are responsible

Overall its really the parents decisions, but if the parents trust the kid at 10 years old then they should let the kid stay home alone without a babysitter, if the kid is not trusted whatsoever then of course you shouldn't let the kid stay home alone he/she will probably cause havoc

• Yes they should

Yes if you think no too overprotective A 10 year old is mature and is a big kid. He needs to learn to stay home alone before he or she is even 10. Yes if you think no your saying you are overprotective . They are even starting puberty so yes a 10 year old should stay home alone,walk alone or even stay in the car alone

• I really can't say...

It depends on the child and the parent, it's not breaking the law if you do leave a ten year old alone, as far as I know. But again, it depends on the child and the parent, if the parent allows it, if fine, but the child's has to be mature enough and responsible enough to be trusted.

• They are too young.

Kids at the age 10 and lower are still growing, And they need their parents there to support them. We aren't animals, We don't leave are children to fend for themselves. If a 10 year old encounters 2 intruders they can't fend for themselves. They are still young and weak. Lastly, Children probably shouldn't be allowed to be near matches and knives around the house. If they parents tell them rules, Not all kids listen.

• I have to say no

I have to say no cause age 10, they are not safe to be left home unless guarded by a safe guardian that you trust. But if you believe its okay to leave a 10 year old at home on its own, thats fine, make sure you call him/her every 5-10 minutes to confirm she/him is okAY. If you hAVE an alarm system with cameras, i would use that. Im 16 years old living in my parents house and my mom always wants to make sure if im alright, no matter how old i am. Think about it

>