• 13 year olds should be allowed to drive.

If thirteen year olds can pass the driving test and be able to see over the steering wheele and reach the pedals, there is no reason for them to not be allowed to drive. Thirteen year olds can be reckless, but they can also be intelligent. Take me for example. I took the ACT with highschoolers this past weekend.

• Thirteen new driving age

First off, I actually am thirteen. I know that many of you may think that I am biased because of my age but i have many resources to back up my opinion. So in a car, I am allowed to drive in the driveway or around my grandma's farm with paved road. I usually ask my parents if they can stop at the driveway and let me finish until we reach my house (We have a fairly long driveway so this actually does help) . I have never hit anything, and the only time that I have come even remotely close to wrecking was a good fifteen - twenty feet away. My parents understand that I cannot drive on the road in my state. But in my state, I am old enough to drive a tractor on the road with a parent in the vehicle. So I have done that several times. I have several friends who have parents that let them drive (not on the road of course) , and they are all good too. I understand that some kids my age are immature and cannot handle driving on the road, but some kids who are fifteen cannot either. I think that we should have a drivers test (obviously) just like the legal age now to drive, (In my state it is 15 years of age) but instead open it up to age thirteen and fourteen as well. Just like the current age and standards, if the person who tests you decides you are not ready to drive, then you don't drive. But many young teenagers are fully capable of driving at my young age of thirteen, with a parent in the car. They should and probably would have curfews and certain times you can drive, with the enforcement of adult supervision required. Basically, I think we should take the current minimum age for getting a permit, but boost it down to thirteen. Then when they turn fifteen they should be able to get their drivers license to then drive like a normal adult. Who else agrees with me, and realizes that we are way more mature then old hags think we are :))?

• 13 year old should be able to drive because they are mature and not as reckless as we think

I believe that 13 year old should be able to drive because in my opinion, they can be quite more responsible, brave and mature than we think. Responsible because they've undoubtedly proven so. Brave because if they weren't they would be too timid, then develop an accident rapidly. Mature because they drive for a propose and not for fun. Lastly I am 13 myself and I strongly hold this opinion and my ground.

• Maybe i d k

I'm not saying it is a good idea, but new tech has been developed that is basically a smaller, lighter, safer version of a car. It was designed for ten year olds. Also kids are actually very competent and not as reckless as some people think. To me I think it should be up to kids' parents to decide when they are ready.

• We can drive!It doesn't matter how old you are!

Kids are a lot smarter and mature than people think they are.Also,just as long as you pass the test you are good enough to get a lisince.I don't know why people make such a big deal about the whole age thing!It's just getting out of hand.And,most kids can reach the pedels by the time their 11!I could!And I'm not all that tall eather.And it's much easier for parents to.It also would help kids grow up faster!Also,parents should be able to decide when there kids should drive.And besides,we live in America!It's a free country!And raising the age limit is not going to help.Kids are plenty mature and smart and tall enough by the time they are 13!Let them drive!

• Most 13 year olds aren't less mature than most 16 year olds

We let 16 year olds drive, and from my experience most 13 year olds aren't less mature than 16 year olds at all. Sometimes even more mature and responsible. Also your age doesn't define your maturity or your intelligence so I don't think we should be making decisions on whether to let people drive based on age level and rather on maturity and responsibility.

• It will be good for them and they would need to learn how to drive.

It will be a good learning experience for them. I'm not saying that they should get a drivers license, but they should be able to get a driver's permit. The person with the license that IS in the car would be able to help them. The driver license age should not be changed, but the permit age should change.

• Djdjd dd dndn

Iuuioulggggggggggggggggggdrlhvfb fhfbf ffbf gj g fjg cjg chg vht ng fnf f fj vhg cg ng fn f f ff f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f f f f f f f ffffff f f f f f f f

• Reasons reasons reasons

Reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons

• It doesn't sound good.

I really don’t think it would be a good idea to put a 13 year old behind the wheel. I just searched research for this and it had a site about a thirteen year old driving into a ditch after 13 minutes. This just means that it would not be a good idea in all ways. THIRTEEN MINUTES! ? That’s very short and the 13 year old was taught how to drive. 13 year olds don’t have fully developed brains, So they won’t take much for granted.
    The site I searched said this in full regard of the 13 year old, ”Car being driven in Peterborough by a 13 yr old boy, Also in the car was an unrestrained 2 yr old sitting on mums knee! , Reply was 'It's only a short journey'. ” Many laws were broken. Also 13 year olds who smoke or drink especially is not allowed, As they have damaged brains that are old.
    Many 13 year olds do drugs like alchahol and tobacco. And a few try to drive. Parents hospital bills will rise to the sun.

• Way way to young

Because if they are driving right if one of his or her friends or mom text and its important then they will pick up the phone then they are not paying any attention to the road and then bam they crash a car that has a kid and that's really bad then you will have to pay the damage and everything and that's really really bad especially the kids that's in danger.

• They are too young and stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teenages are 17 more likely to die in a car acccident with alcohol in their blood. Most kids are esily distracted.Imagine a 13 year old on the freeway. Oh no. Almost every kid has a phone which leads to texting and driving. They are way too short to even reach the petals.

• They are too young

You can't really trust a 13 year old. Teens are weird. My sister is barely able to drive at 14 years old. A 13 year old could get severely injured or die. I can drive golf cart at 11 years old and my sister is learning to drive a car. NO 13 YEAR OLD'S SHOULD BE DRIVING

• No they should not they are not mature enough

Some kids maybe idk i'm on both side kind of but seriously some kids maybe yes. If they knew how to drive and work a vehicle. They should not be able to know how to drive cause some thirteen year old kids don't know how witch makes me angry cause some people are plan IDIOTS! Not trying to be a jerk here but you know it is true some be are un-mature. Some adults/people are un-mature it is true the facts are there and some people just need to know that it is not same as a 16 year old kid taking a drivers ed and failing. Some kids just want to just get into trouble or do something stupid that they will regret in the future. So yea that is my reason why they should not drive.

• They should not be able to drive!

The reason I say no is because they are still considered as kids and parents will think that it is their fault that they let their child drive. Then there will be another police reports and more funerals over a stupid idea that should not even have been made in the first place!

• No they will have provlems in there insurance.

Kids will have lot of problem like insurance. Evidence when they get accident they have to pay for the car. If they hurt someone they have to pay them. They have to fixed the carn fixing the car can coss lot of money.If you have to much car accident your insurance can take away.

• I am as great at driveing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say no at the same time jrtsnjbn stwuiesb hegb eb bei i arei jbhb g bhaglehgzlgy gy gralurgiylaegyh GWETPUILGWJA TWIY G YP WEIG TWYAGUE YUgiewtu g UEWGSH U UER G SHSDZK GBUGUR SHJTBD G DIE EJG SHKGHKSDJGHAEJKSARGGJLQEAGLEHAJR RRG HG H GH G H FHB CXH HB XCBHJ HXCVG H F GHXF HF HJ C HVC GB

• Way to young

Not tall enough and not smart at all. No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• No no no

They will probably kill someone mainly them self. Just the thought of it makes me sick. So no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

>