• 13 year olds should be allowed to drive.

If thirteen year olds can pass the driving test and be able to see over the steering wheele and reach the pedals, there is no reason for them to not be allowed to drive. Thirteen year olds can be reckless, but they can also be intelligent. Take me for example. I took the ACT with highschoolers this past weekend.

• Thirteen new driving age

First off, I actually am thirteen. I know that many of you may think that I am biased because of my age but i have many resources to back up my opinion. So in a car, I am allowed to drive in the driveway or around my grandma's farm with paved road. I usually ask my parents if they can stop at the driveway and let me finish until we reach my house (We have a fairly long driveway so this actually does help) . I have never hit anything, and the only time that I have come even remotely close to wrecking was a good fifteen - twenty feet away. My parents understand that I cannot drive on the road in my state. But in my state, I am old enough to drive a tractor on the road with a parent in the vehicle. So I have done that several times. I have several friends who have parents that let them drive (not on the road of course) , and they are all good too. I understand that some kids my age are immature and cannot handle driving on the road, but some kids who are fifteen cannot either. I think that we should have a drivers test (obviously) just like the legal age now to drive, (In my state it is 15 years of age) but instead open it up to age thirteen and fourteen as well. Just like the current age and standards, if the person who tests you decides you are not ready to drive, then you don't drive. But many young teenagers are fully capable of driving at my young age of thirteen, with a parent in the car. They should and probably would have curfews and certain times you can drive, with the enforcement of adult supervision required. Basically, I think we should take the current minimum age for getting a permit, but boost it down to thirteen. Then when they turn fifteen they should be able to get their drivers license to then drive like a normal adult. Who else agrees with me, and realizes that we are way more mature then old hags think we are :))?

• 13 year old should be able to drive because they are mature and not as reckless as we think

I believe that 13 year old should be able to drive because in my opinion, they can be quite more responsible, brave and mature than we think. Responsible because they've undoubtedly proven so. Brave because if they weren't they would be too timid, then develop an accident rapidly. Mature because they drive for a propose and not for fun. Lastly I am 13 myself and I strongly hold this opinion and my ground.

• Maybe i d k

I'm not saying it is a good idea, but new tech has been developed that is basically a smaller, lighter, safer version of a car. It was designed for ten year olds. Also kids are actually very competent and not as reckless as some people think. To me I think it should be up to kids' parents to decide when they are ready.

• We can drive!It doesn't matter how old you are!

Kids are a lot smarter and mature than people think they are.Also,just as long as you pass the test you are good enough to get a lisince.I don't know why people make such a big deal about the whole age thing!It's just getting out of hand.And,most kids can reach the pedels by the time their 11!I could!And I'm not all that tall eather.And it's much easier for parents to.It also would help kids grow up faster!Also,parents should be able to decide when there kids should drive.And besides,we live in America!It's a free country!And raising the age limit is not going to help.Kids are plenty mature and smart and tall enough by the time they are 13!Let them drive!

• Most 13 year olds aren't less mature than most 16 year olds

We let 16 year olds drive, and from my experience most 13 year olds aren't less mature than 16 year olds at all. Sometimes even more mature and responsible. Also your age doesn't define your maturity or your intelligence so I don't think we should be making decisions on whether to let people drive based on age level and rather on maturity and responsibility.

• It will be good for them and they would need to learn how to drive.

It will be a good learning experience for them. I'm not saying that they should get a drivers license, but they should be able to get a driver's permit. The person with the license that IS in the car would be able to help them. The driver license age should not be changed, but the permit age should change.

• Djdjd dd dndn

Iuuioulggggggggggggggggggdrlhvfb fhfbf ffbf gj g fjg cjg chg vht ng fnf f fj vhg cg ng fn f f ff f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f f f f f f f ffffff f f f f f f f

• Reasons reasons reasons

Reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons reasons

• Well cause some who is 13 is still a child and would think like a child but you got to put there safety first

Kids should not drive when they're thirteen because young teenagers have a lot to learn about driving and it can be a bad idea if those young teenagers get hurt. They are still at a kid's age. Letting kids drive this age is a really bad idea. They may crash into other cars, Trees, Or other, Things that can harm them

• 15 years is still argued to be too young

The amount of minors getting into traffic accidents is already way too high. Now you want 13 year olds putting their driving skills from GTA on the road? That is how you destroy civilization, You start by giving the keys to lethal flying hunks of metal to little boys. Idiot

• They have not learned basic responsibilities and patience. Case in point, This whole board.

13 year olds should not be able to drive because of impatience and immaturity and this whole board proves it all. They do not have the patience to wait to get on the road, Thus causing more excitement and more cognitive distractions on the road. It is fine to let 13 year olds drive on private property as long as they are supervised by an adult or a licensed responsible person. One reason why most states require 15 and 16, Even up to 18 year old age requirements is because at this age, People have completed most of grade school and have learned responsibility, Consequences, And have been disciplined enough to know what consequences and responsibilities come with being a licensed driver. The same reason the legal age to drink is 21. When you go out and drive and have no clue about patience, Responsibility, Discipline, And maturity, You risk getting into car accidents, Hurting or killing people, And getting traffic tickets. Also at this age, Teens brains have developed just enough to have sufficient Hand-Eye coordination and are more aware on the road which lowers risk for insurance agencies and state officials which also lowers negative statistics for states making them more appealing to visit knowing drivers there are mature and fit to drive, Regardless of how many people may still be too immature. So all you 12-13 year olds, Next time you think of why you need to be 15-16 years old to drive and why they won’t change the age, Take note of this and be patient because it will make you much more comfortable in the long run understanding that patience is key to better, Safer driving. :D

• No kids under the age of 13

The reason i say no is because they are way to young. It will take them days and days just like it did to the adults to learn how to drive safe. I'm only saying this because i'm 13 and i know how it feels i don't want to die or kill myself because i was stupid and i wanted to drive.

• They do not need to drive.

I think that the driving age should not be turned to 13. First, It is super dangerous. For example, If a 13 year old was driving a car, There could be bigger risk of a car accident. Second, It is a very young age. For instance, If kids start driving early, They could get in car accidents. Lastly, They aren't responsible yet. This shows, That at their age, They are still very young. In conclusion, This shows that kids should not be driving at age 13.

• 13 Year Olds should not be able to drive.

They should not be able to drive because it is very reckless and I am thirteen, Many people I know would not be very good drivers. It does not even make sense that people are considering this because there would be way more people on the road, Way more reckless drivers, And insurance! That would be a horrible process for so many parents.

• We are children

Some 13 year olds can't even see over the wheel, How's that supposed to work? I'm 14 and if it was legal, I would drive but I'm glad it's not or then a lot of people would die from car accidents and cost a lot of money for insurance and gas money so no why would this even be an idea

• I just turned 14 and this is the worst idea ever!

We aren't old enough to be responsible with cars. I know my grade and we are bad at just driving ourselves to the right class!
    If 13 year old could drive accidents due to distracted driving would go though the roof!
    Too keep it short: We are idiots, Who shouldn't drive golf carts

• It doesn't sound good.

I really don’t think it would be a good idea to put a 13 year old behind the wheel. I just searched research for this and it had a site about a thirteen year old driving into a ditch after 13 minutes. This just means that it would not be a good idea in all ways. THIRTEEN MINUTES! ? That’s very short and the 13 year old was taught how to drive. 13 year olds don’t have fully developed brains, So they won’t take much for granted.
    The site I searched said this in full regard of the 13 year old, ”Car being driven in Peterborough by a 13 yr old boy, Also in the car was an unrestrained 2 yr old sitting on mums knee! , Reply was 'It's only a short journey'. ” Many laws were broken. Also 13 year olds who smoke or drink especially is not allowed, As they have damaged brains that are old.
    Many 13 year olds do drugs like alchahol and tobacco. And a few try to drive. Parents hospital bills will rise to the sun.

• Way way to young

Because if they are driving right if one of his or her friends or mom text and its important then they will pick up the phone then they are not paying any attention to the road and then bam they crash a car that has a kid and that's really bad then you will have to pay the damage and everything and that's really really bad especially the kids that's in danger.