• 14 Year Old Should Not Be Able to Drive

I stand totally against 14 year old's being allowed to drive. I've voiced my opinion many times on even the older child being able to drive. There are many who even at age 18 are not responsible to take on the task of driving. One needs to consider the other drivers who might be affected by immature drivers.

• It will depend on the society you grow up with

In most urban cities, no. But in developing countries or at least rural country sides of a major country there are millions of child workers striving to earn a living. Where there are large distance to travel from and to workers should be given access to vehicles and be allowed to utilize it for proper purpose. The saying of all underaged (presumably, 18) drivers are irrational, careless, or not capable of driving safely is just too fallacious. We all mature at a different rate. There are evidence to support that even an 18 year old may not be as mentally mature than a 14 year old. This should be based on individual cases, rather than a legal "blanket driving age" for all. Appeal to uniformity removes attention to needs and care for individual cases.

• I'm 14 Years Old

I'm 14 years old and I can drive really well for my age. It depends on how mature you are and if you practiced a lot. I practiced in a lot of cars, including my mom's van. I can drive really well as I was told by many people. It's not that hard if you have the patience and skill then your set to go.

• I Always Have to Wait Until Someone Can Drive Me Places

I am 14 and now a high schooler with a long list of places I need to go daily. Such as marching band camp, DI practice, and sports practice. Not to mention just needing to go to the stores for things I need quickly. (Feminine products, deodorant, toothpaste, etc.) But most of the time I end up late or even unable to attend my practices because I have to wait and compromise with my family's schedule to find (a usually inconvenient and late) time for them, to drive me to these places. And when I need to get something from the store quickly, I always have to wait for hours and make do until I can go. It would be VERY helpful and convenient for me if I could drive myself places.

• As long as they know how to drive properly without driving too fast.

14 year olds can be mature enough to drive as long as they don't crash with other cars. With proper training I think it would be a good idea. It would prepare them for future driving. Maybe there could be some sort of mini test to be taken by them to see if they are competent and confident.

• 14 year olds should be able to drive because it would be helpful in many ways.

Teenagers should be allowed to get their driver’s L plates when they are 14 years of age.

This would help thousands of parents as they can supervise their child driving to school to help fill up their hours instead of driving them there themselves and they can do the same on the way home. Then when their children turn 16 or 17 years of age they can drive themselves to and from school, saving their parents hours a month of driving to and from school, work, and the shops on the weekend. This would benefit everyone as the time the parents use to get to and from school will be able to be used in other ways such as working more to earn more money or having more “me” time. Ideas like these can help family relationships too by giving your family more spare time to just “chill." If things stay the way they are between families at the moment, they could end up in fights, or even worse divorce. Do we really want our families to end up with such tragic circumstances?

Statistics have shown that in 2011 alone the number of divorces granted was a staggering 23,619 and statistics have proven that divorce rates including children have skyrocketed by a whopping 51% since 1996. Do we really the statistics to rise by another 20%?

A poll has given the results that every 1 person out of 3 agrees that 15 year olds should be able to get their L plates. They say that they should be able to as by that age thy should have enough responsibility to drive and they can handle it, and that most of them started at 14 years of age, which is even younger.

We need to step up, be mature, and finally accept that 14 year olds should be able to drive as we give them a great amount of responsibility every day and this is no different.

• I want to drive.

In most urban cities, no. But in developing countries or at least rural areas of a major country there are millions of child workers striving to earn a living. Where there are large distances to travel, workers should be given access to vehicles and be allowed to utilize it for proper purposes. The statement that all under aged (under 18) drivers are irrational, careless, or not capable of driving safely is just too fallacious. We all mature at a different rate. There are evidence to support that even an 18 year old may not be as mentally mature than a 14 year old. This should be based on individual cases, rather than a legal "blanket driving age" for all. Appeal to uniformity removes attention to needs and care for individual cases.

• Some Should and Some Shouldn't

Let me start by saying this; I've been driving since I was nine years old, and I have never been in an accident of any sort. However, I know plenty of 14 yr olds, and DEFINITELY plenty of 9 yr olds who certainly should not be driving. I think that there should be some very intense testing that allows anyone, even under 14, to drive. I think there should be a height limit, as somebody too short could be dangerous, but there are plenty of very short adults that are very short who drive, so you really don't have to be too tall. When I say there should be super intense testing, I mean that you should put them in very hard scenarios, and all sorts of important scenarios, and test the reactions of the kids. I know this could be difficult figuring out a safe way to do this, but really, people know how to fly to the moon, or go to the bottom of the ocean, I think we can at least come up with a decent testing method! It should not be a standardized age test, different people do certain things better at different ages! I am 14 and I am sure that I could outdo the vast majority of people on the road any day! It is true that that somebody my age has little experience, but neither does an 18 yr old just learning to drive...You've got to start sometime!

• Should a 14 year old be able to drive?

I think so because kids learn faster when there young and some understand the responsibility that comes with driving. Why take that privilege away because a few rotten eggs? IT'S HOW THERE PARENTS RAISE THEM. I think that it should be lowered to at least 13 because I started driving at that age and I never got a ticket in my life not even once. I am 30 now and I an expert and my daughter is going to drive when she's 13.

• Let them drive

14 year old's should be given the privilege to drive if they pass a series of tests. These tests can involve testing their maturity, intelligence, and reactions. You can also judge whether they are responsible or not based on their school record. As for those of you who disagree with 14 year old's driving, I can see your point because police might stop a young looking driver because he/she might not have a drivers license. However, this will not happen because to be allowed to drive, you must pass a series of tests and they won't pass you unless they judge that you are capable of driving.

• Young and Immature

At the age of even 15 children are still maturing this is backed up by the social limiting organisation. They have done tests on all ages of children from the age of 1 through to the age of 15. What they found was amazing! They proved that all ages up to the age of 15 was 6 times more likely to get distracted than if you were fully matured. So the answer is obviously no, they should not drive for outrageous reasons!

• They are to immature.

The reason why I don't think they should is quite simple actually. One of the reasons is that they can run away from home if their parents and them get in a fight. Another reason is that they can go and get drunk and if they drive they can crash and cause someone or themselves to get hurt. This generation of teens are to immature, yes you may be mature enough but what about every other 14 year old. Personally I don't want my life to be in the hands of a drunk, immature teen who thinks they know everything, and all of this is coming from a thirteen year old, I know you may think I am being mean but I am not, just ask all the other people who say no, I believe that they will agree.

• Crashing police and laws.

If you crash in a car the insurance would not be covered by it at such a young age. Police would pull you over and ask for a license and you would say I don't have one. The law says nobody should drive at the age of 14 years and if you do get pulled over you will be towed away and get a fine.

• Definitely not without someone with them.

14 is way too young to be in a car alone. Perhaps with a parent on their own property is okay, as a way to practice. I was allowed a permit at 15, but by then I had already driven around at home enough to manage okay. Still, even at 15 I was not ready to be alone on the road, a 14 year old is definitely too young.

• !4 year old shouldn't be allowed to drive

14 is a dangerous number Would you trust a fourteen year old to pilot the passenger plan you were on? Then why would you trust them on the roads! It has come to my attention that it has been considered to change the law for the legal driving age from 16 to 14. These kids are still freshmen, and they haven’t experienced the things a teen are supposed to. Their minds aren’t as evolved as 16 year olds. Studies show that 16 years olds have a evolved mind, and they understand the rules of the road, do 14 year olds?
    Believe it or not the accident rate for 16 year olds is above average, can you imagine what the accident rate for 14 year olds would be? The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety says “The rate of fatalities among 16-year-old drivers dropped 68% between 1996 and 2010, but is slowly starting to rise again.” Also on DMV Young Drivers they state “The traffic accident rates for 16- to 19-year old drivers are higher than those for any other age group”. Fourteen year olds don’t have very devolved minds, The Dana Foundation Brain Health states “For the young person ready to dash full speed ahead into adolescence, as well as for the adult getting ready to see adolescence from the other side as a parent, the prospect stirs up a mixture of impatience, anxiety, excitement, and just plain curiosity.” We know how 14 year olds can act, and how the majority don’t like school, if they can’t pay attention in class then why would they pay attention on the road?

• Way to young!

They might be too short too see the road. Which will cause more car accidents. Oh and more deaths we don't want our children dying because they get in a car accident! I bet every single parent loves their children and don't want them to die at a young age!

• Uh are you crazy

Why would you let a 14 year old drive. I'm 12 and I don't think this should happen. Really people? Do you want more people to be killed because of teen drivers? Most teens are irresponsible. And I would know I am one. In todays society they would probably go somewhere their parents wouldn't want them to be. Why would we take a risk of letting teens ruin a life of their own or the life someone else? Its not like 14 year olds have jobs. All they have is school. So tell me what you think about 14 year olds driving when they crash into you!

• Immature and easily distracted

Teens don't yet have responsibility they can easily be distracted by another cool car or birds passing by and that can really cause problems and accidents. Many adults crash imagine a child having such a big responsibility. Teens also cant be trusted with such a big responsibility they are just not mature and don't have experience.

• No they should not be allowed

This is stupid kids are immature they will get them selves in lots of trouble .... And also why do you need to have 50 words on this......? It makes no sense!!!!!!! Jeeeeeez these websites are stupid....... Heheheheheheheh im crazyyyyyyyy

did you know

that

9+10=21!

Tee hee heee

lolzzzz

lmafo

• Im a crazy person

Haiiiiiii peeepsssss im a crazy person who eats candy all day it helps me be weird..... Haiiiiiii hehehehehhehee tetetete heehhehehehehehehe ahahahahahhahahahahaha hehehe hehe eheh eheh ehehe eheeehehe ehee ehe ehe ehe he h h eh eh h h he he h eh eh eh eh he heheheheheh heheehe eheheheh hehehe

Maxissoawesome says2015-02-12T18:43:21.833
This page is very interesting
>