Should a niqab (the covering of a Muslim woman's face) be allowed in our society?

• Yes it should be allowed!

People should be able to wear what they want. Now i get what you are saying, 'don't cover your face' and 'how am i supposed to know if its a women or a fully equipped terrorist'...I get what you are saying.. But these women aren't being forced to wear them. I'm a Muslim woman and i don't wear it for personal reasons. You don't have to wear it so no they aren't being forced. If they want to cover them selves and be more protective of themselves then so be it. Why does it bother you. For example, if i saw a man dressed in some torn clothes and looked quite shabby, i would think he is a drug addict, this is what one person thinks...They could have just been a homeless person desperately looking for help. In the same way women wearing niqaabs are seeking protection from god so nothing bad happens to them, but people may think that they are going to drop a bomb any minute when underneath is a beautiful woman who has done nothing wrong.
    If you have a problem with people covering their faces then would you be willing to give up the trend where you wear a hoodie and sunglasses. That is still covering your face....Think about it!
    We live in a country where everyone has the right to wear what they want. I wear what i want, you wear what you want, Muslim women wear what they want...Its as simple as that!

• We have the right to wear whatever we want to

If any girl in this country is allowed to wear whatever she wants, then a Muslim woman or girl should also be able to wear whatever she wants. If in this country girls are trying show more skin, then good for them. And if someone is trying to not show any skin, then that's their choice.

• So long as it is their free choice to wear it

Each person should have the option of observing their faith, so long as it does not infringe on the rights of others.

I disagree with religious groups pressuring, threatening, and mandating it. At the same time I agree with a person having to adhere to certain guidelines if they want to be a member of a given group. Would a person who is the CEO of a big business be acceptable in a group that takes a vow of poverty as part of their observance? Would a person who hates golf be an appropriate person to be accepted into a golf club?

The problem isn't with the dress, it is with the mandate and consequences when you don't do what others want you to. Even looking at the idea of modesty in Islam. In and of itself, it is not a bad thing. In fact, there are many good things about it. It is when people shame and blame and persecute people for not wanting to do it that trouble starts.

For that reason, I also support the idea of churches not conducting marriage ceremonies for same sex couples or polygamists. While I fundamentally disagree with their reasons for doing so, they have an exclusive club whose membership is optional.

• It's their face. It's their choice. Let them decide how to dress their own body.

If a women chooses to cover her face than that's her business and no one has the right to stop her from doing what she feels is right. If she is forced to cover up than that's a different story. I don't see why it's necessary to cover your face. It's not even in the Qaran. Your face is what makes you human and relatable. Otherwise it's harder to connect with you and understand you. Women are women and not blankets but stop they should choose how to dress their own body and everyone else should leave her alone.

• The niqab is just a veil.

All the niqab does is cover a Muslim woman's face and does nothing to hurt society. As a matter of fact, telling a woman that she cannot wear a niqab is in and of itself a crime against humanity. Unfortunately, there are some that feel a woman should be required to wear a niqab and that is a horrible crime against women. It should be the woman's choice what she wears. Not her brother's, not her father's, not her family, and certainly not society.

• It should be allowed anywhere.

Why not? Then why don't we say "should masks be banned?" just because of the way someone dresses doesn't mean that they are suspicious. In addition, people should respect different religions and different values. Also, anyone would want to be free in choosing their dressing. Banning women from wearing their religious dress is like banning a Christian nun from wearing her religious dress.

• Freedom of choice

Of course Muslim women should be allowed to wear the Niqab, I think it is ridiculous that countries like france are banning them. People who are wearing the niqab are not doing this because they "feel like it", they are wearing it because they feel uncomfortable showing their faces in the presence of men, due to their religion. I believe that their believes should be respected, and that they should be given the freedom to wear it.

• Of course not! Pure nonsense.

You can't have a bunch of people walking around in public or at their workplaces hiding their faces.

No woman should be forced to cover their faces.

The niqab is a silly religious belief used to subjugate women. All Muslim women should stand up and fight this nonsense. There is no sane reason for requiring women to wear a covering over their faces.

• It's not about freedom!

People on the other side of the fence have a very narrow perspective on this matter. People! It's not about your freedom! Yes, we know you have the right to wear whatever the hell you want! But hey, what about our security? People have to be identified in sensitive locations like airports, schools and dense public property. Hell you can't even know if she's a woman or a fully equipped terrorist in disguise! I don't know about you, but I'm definitely not okay with being surrounded with anonymous people covering their faces in a crowded area.

• For me as a woman, this religious garments is a violation to my sexuality end freedom. So I say NO!

And you don´t have to pay them a lot of money if the don´t take it off when it is needed. There is a word "Darura" and this is in the Koran, and it means that if a Muslim women needs to support herself and the job force her to take off the niqab, she has to do that.

• Security, safety and interpersonal reactions

More and more of America is afraid to offend the Islam faith people but disguising your identity is always a bad behavior. Some examples are Bank robberies in Philadelphia , terror suspect changing clothes in a London mosque, Day care worker wearing a niqab to abduct a 5 year old, acid attacks by niqab wearing people and the list goes on. You also have walking safety and liability to owners property, and finally just knowing how the person is taking what your saying by being able to see their face reactions.

• Stop Hiding and show your face

We have laws in this country and how can police identify a criminal if they are hiding behind a mask . If they are allowed to hide their identity then should all americans do the same. So i say if you wanted to come to america and be an american then stop hiding and take the mask off your not a slave no more

Posted by: JBza

>