Should a period of volunteer service be mandatory in high school?

• The Value of Life

I think it should be highly promoted, But it still needs to be the person's choice to volunteer. Volunteering to help others and the community helps students value the environment, The lives of those around them, And helps them be better people. I think it needs to be encouraged from an early age.

• I say no. . .

Voluntary and mandatory are polar opposites. Voluntary means you have chosen to do it not you are forced to do it. It is a ridiculous thought and was obviously not thought through grammatically. Plus, Kids already have work experience and so do not need any more voluntary or mandatory opportunities.

• It simply would not make sense

The fact that we made volunteering compulsory for kids would make its rate even lower; making it mandatory defeats the idea of being a volunteer. Also, It takes away time to study and doesn't show them its real value. It should start from them to take it up, There's no sense in forcing someone to do something that emerges from kindness and interest

anc2006 says2020-01-19T19:18:35.080
Well decades ago in china, It is a yes.