• If it's not required, we don't know if the voter is 18.

Most 16 and 17 year olds look like 18 year olds, so if IDs ain't required, we could allow them to vote, without ID it's impossible to know how old they are. Also, people can register more than 1 time and say they didn't vote. Therefore we do need IDs to vote.

• Requiring an ID is not racist and should be required.

Voter ID laws would for sure help with voter fraud. It is not discriminatory towards blacks, anyone and everyone can very easily obtain a picture ID at the DVM. I do not even see why this is an issue, of course you should have to show an ID at the polls. We should be focusing on more important issues.

• Why is this even a question?

Prevent voter fraud! You need ID for everything else but not to cast your vote for the laws and government officials? Ridiculous! Just got back from the polls - they did not ask for my ID. I could have been anyone as long as I knew an address. Who would be offended or put out by having to show ID?

• Its needed to prove who you are

Without an ID i could say i'm lexy mcIntosh and you wouldn't know the difference between me and the person i'm claiming to be. Their are many people now a days that are claiming to be people who are dead to vote more than one which is not okay with a photo ID you could get ride of the face people and only let the right number of people vote

• Photo ID Will Definitely Help Fraud

We need photo ID for nearly everything else that we do in this world. This argument that we shouldn't show ID because it is racist or goes against someone's rights. What a sham. Most of these people that supposedly would be affected also have to cash checks using a Photo ID. Why can't they use that? Also, as far as the expense, I believe another stupid argument because in today's world it would cost probably pennies on the dollar and there are many groups that would go to the people to get their ID done. I would be more than willing to help. Enough of this ridiculous excuses for not having a Voter ID. We need to start after this election getting it passed through the courts! I would think that verification would be easy now that we have the computer programs to help with birth certificates and such.

• Need to show who you are to vote!

You can have people who make very little get a free ID. Just offer it to them with their other free benefits.
    I'm sure they come up with an ID in order to get welfare benefits if a person is that poor.
    It's just one more way to keep voter fraud in check.

• Photo ID gang

Please help me i have to do a paper on this topic for govt and i really dont want to research this if you will help me dm me @erika_laboy thank you all of my wonderful african american brothers and sisters god bless africa and my amaxing race. BLACK POWER!

• Yes yes yes

You need a Photo ID to walk done the street , Why would you not to VOTE , DemoRATS know if this law is enforced they will never win another Election as they have to cheat to win and there easiest way to cheat is cry the an id is not needed So Obama can vote 5 time in each state

• Prevents voter fraud and is not a poll tax.

You need to have a photo ID for driving, opening a bank account, fly a plane and etc. Why not for voting? It will keep people from voting more than once and it is not for discriminating against people that is hyperbole used to keep people scared. I mean really it makes more sense to do this.

• Voting MORE Than Once Is POSSIBLE without ID

Is it fair that the same 10 people voting for a certain side get to go into the voters poll and vote for the same side 20 times over again? Most of you would say no. Every U.S. Citizen has the right to vote ONCE. No more than that. Without proof of ID or U.S. Citizenship, people can just go and vote over and over again without being caught. We all know there's no denying that it happens. Most of us have probably seen it happen. So, lets keep a running record on who's already voted their ONE legal vote. Say "yes" to ID requirement.

• If they are requiring an ID to vote then it needs to be FREE!

Voting is a right to everyone. If they want to make this mandatory then they need to issue peoples social security cards and birth certificates for FREE! Also ID cards need to be free. Im sure they will never agree to this because they rather have a small number of people voting. I highly doubt they are concerned with "illegal voting" then they are with millions more having the ability to vote. Its not hard to read in between the lines here folks.

• Millions of Americans Lack ID.

11% of U.S. citizens – or more than 21 million Americans do not have government-issued photo identification. Obtaining ID Costs Money. Even if ID is offered for free, voters must incur numerous costs (such as paying for birth certificates) to apply for a government-issued ID. The travel required to reach the nearest voter ID office is often a major burden on people with disabilities, the elderly, or those in rural areas without access to a car or public transportation. In Texas, some people in rural areas must travel approximately 170 miles to reach the nearest ID office.

• Voter id keeps poor people from voting

First off, there is no voter fraud in this country. Republicans make up stories about voter fraud so they can insist people need to show ID. Thus poor people that cannot afford to buy their ID cards, in NY its $70 for an ID card from DMV, therefore they do not vote. Poor people tend to vote Democrat as they vote for their own self interest most of the time. Voter ID is just a way to suppress the vote and the Republicans are all over it.

• This isn't China

In China you need an ID for every single thing you do. It's a means of government control. They want to keep track of where people go, what they do, where they send money and how many kids they have. In the US, not everyone has an ID and assuming that everyone should is a very authoritarian, very oppressive way of approaching things. Old people who were born before birth certificates were a thing, people who simply haven't needed one, people who had errors on their birth certificates, people who can't physically make it to the department of driver services to and others who simply don't have a valid form of ID that the government will accept in order to get a driver's license. And, then there are people who simply don't want to . People who refuse to have an ID because they disagree with what it stands for. You might say that's not a valid complaint but if you're going to stop someone from voting because they disagree with government overreach and control then what's the point. If you're so afraid that immigrants might vote illegally that you'd stop even one person from voting legally then why are you even in this country?

• Voter ID laws are made to suppress votes

During College I worked with my father who owned a drivers Ed in the state of Washington.
    We also handled Driving Tests and Written tests for adults

Constantly I had to work with people who didn't have an ID either they had lost it or never had one. For many if you had just turned 18 and wanted to get your license it's not like you had a state ID.

So I'd tell them how to get an ID in easy steps
    Bring Social Security card and you'll be good.

The problem I have is to get an ID you need a Social Security Card. How does it make any sense for us to say a social security number is goof enough to get an ID but jot good enough to vote?

• Poll Tax/Discriminatory to minorities and the elderly

Voting is a right. Requiring voters to obtain an ID in order to vote is essentially a poll tax. Although some states issue IDs for free, the birth certificates, passports, or other documents required to obtain a government-issued ID cost money, and many Americans simply cannot afford to pay for them.

As many as 25% of African American citizens of voting age do not have a government-issued photo ID, compared to only 8% of their white counterparts.

18% of Americans over the age of 65 (or 6 million senior citizens) do not have a government-issued photo ID.

• Popular vote does not affect the Electoral college

Everyone should realize that the voting process is solely based on the decision of the electoral college. The votes that are placed have absolutely no impact on the decisions that the members of the college make. Not only is your vote irrelevant, but from the ideas coming from the yes, your vote should not count anyway.

• No should not be required to vote

I want documentation on massive voter fraud, I don't think I have seen any studies that show it. There should be proof that voter fraud is taking place before you can institute id requirements. Why is it that conservatives like regulation about voting but gun regulations are not needed. So I guess some regulations are good and some are bad.

• It excludes many people

Minorities make up a majority of inner cities. Many people that live in inner cities do not possess driver's licenses. The fact that minorities make up most of the democratic votes in America, makes me question the true reason behind this requirement. Between 2000 and 2010, there were only 13 cases of in-person voter impersonation!!! Mhmm. This is obviously "Voter Suppression".

• It excludes many people

>