• Yes, Many cultures do it

Living with parents as long as you are responsible for things should not be shamed in the Western World. Many cultures such as Hispanic and Asian do it, And are not shamed for it. Yes, Living on your own is rewarding, But it's expensive nowadays and people can still be reponsible and live with their parents, My aunt and cousin does it. Living with parents as a moocher though is more of a shame, However.

• Parents need help when they are older

Traditional culture from around the world teaches children to take care of their parents when they are older. Though, I believe the child must take a small break from their parents to discover themselves and understand responsibilities, It is important that they return. The pop culture in the west disregards these traditional values that were essential in the development of European civilization. Many civilizations like Indians, East Asians greatly value this tradition to this day.

Being too close to your parents could lead to your parents deciding for you and not letting you have your own individual personality. An ideal family unit for me is one where the parents advice their children on what's right or wrong but let them make their own choices and not cling to them. It should also be a duty of the child to make sure they don't force their decisions over their parents.

• Parents need help in their old age

• My adult daughter lives with me

I am a single mother. My 22 year old daughter and 16 year old son live with me. We have decided that it's mutually beneficial for the adult child and I to continue to cohabit due to financial, Emotional and environmental reasons. She supports her younger sibling who sees her success and independence as a positive influence on her life. We are each others best friends. We have completely independent lives while sharing the same house. Why would any of us want to split that up if it works for our family? My oldest daughter is married and lives in another state. She is always struggling and misses family terribly. My last children can stay with me as long as they like.

• No, Adult children should not live with their parents

Adult children should not live with their parents. They need the lessons that living on their own bring, Such as learning to depend on yourself, Taking care of your own bills, Handling small situations that arise, Shopping for yourself, Etc. When adult children live with their parents, There is always that safety net of having someone who can pick up the slack for you. It hampers the confidence and independence that living on your own gives you.

• Why are we still living in a stereotypical negative perceptions that adult children living with their parents are just loosers?

Think we need to look at a myriad of circumstances of an adult living within the 21 st century. A child’s culture upbringing faced adversity cost on the rise, Perhaps even illness chronic life long illness like me. Nothing is straight forward my parents are ignorant of saving for their future s let alone investing for there children. Their parents did not help them they still are finding their own way as no one had taught them. Personally living arrangements should be no one else’s business other than the people living it and how they choose to live it. It is not uncommon and is becoming more and more common.

• Adult children can live with parents.

Adult children can live with parents if theres circumstances that make it impossible. I for example I am 25 and still live with my parents. They’re from another culture and it doesn’t matter how many times my American friends told me to move out , I never did due to my parents being strict and knowing what’s best for me. I am very thankful for my parents otherwise I’d probably be homeless.

• It is customary for adult children to live with their parents in many cultures.

In many cultures throughout the world, it is customary for adult children to live with their parents. In fact, many generations live together in one house. This type of lifestyle encourages close family connections and the idea of relying upon each other for support. The taboo of living with one's parents in the United States is based on outdated ideals that children are supposed to do better than their parents, which is a near impossibility in the current economy.

• It can work well for both groups, so why not?

Yes, if both the parents, and the adult children are happy with the arrangement, then there is no reason why they should not choose to live together. There can be a great benefit to both groups from the arrangement. Many elderly people suffer from loneliness and become less able to cope as they age, and many adult children cannot afford to live on their own if in low paying jobs.

• If It's Needed

I believe there are a lot of circumstances where it makes sense for adult children to live with their parents. While this hasn't been the precedent within the Western world, it's actually very common in other areas of the world. With so many low-wage jobs in America it is unlikely that a person can afford their own housing, grouping together is often easy for families and it can be valid reason to see adult children and their parents living together. Another circumstance that is a benefit to both is adult children helping their parent continue to live on their own.

• Self supporting through your own contributions

It makes it extremely difficult to learn responsibility that only comes through life experiences. I could talk all day long to an adult that co-habitates with their parents about what they're missing out on psychologically but it would only be through actual experiences they'd know. Kind of like explaining sex to a virgin, What being a mother is like to a 12 year old, Or how to perform surgery to a fry cook. Go experience life, Fail, Get back up again. You'll thank me later.

• Adult children need to get out in the world

They are not children anymore. They need a home of their own, Even if it is a rented one. They need a life of their own away from their parents telling them what to do and saying things like "This is our home and you have to do what we say you should do. " And all of the parent speak. I moved away from my parents as soon as I could and was so glad I did.

• I don’t agree with you

What it the adult child has a job, but since the current economy is going down, how are they going to be able to live on their own? I am 25 and still live with my parents because no matter how much I get payed it leaves me with $50 for the rest of the month.

• No, adult children should not live with their parents

Adult children should not live with their parents. They need the lessons that living on their own bring, such as learning to depend on yourself, taking care of your own bills, handling small situations that arise, shopping for yourself, etc. When adult children live with their parents, there is always that safety net of having someone who can pick up the slack for you. It hampers the confidence and independence that living on your own gives you.