• Equality of children

All children look the same regardless of rich or poor there is no competition who wears the best clothes everybody is the same. Poor children will feel more comfortable. It would make children less judgemental it is more about the person rather than their clothes. It is a lot cheaper for parents no need to worry about fashion

• Students should wear uniforms.

I am a current high school sophomore and out of all three high schools I have been to, many students tend to dress inappropriately. Everywhere you look, you will find someone of every gender dressing in a revealing way. A uniform brings a sense of unity and also keeps the schools appearance in an orderly fashion.

• America needs uniforms in schools

In Britain it is in heard of for school children not to wear uniforms form but in America its diffrent why uniform makes the child look smarter and tidier and it makes the school stand out I think Americans need uniforms or atleast a smart dress code pleas change it makes the country look lazy

• No exclusion or discrimination

American schools should have school uniforms in place as this would avoid the possibility of some students getting discriminated due to the clothes that are worn. As for some students, they may dress toward the high fashion end which could leave some not so lucky students being able to afford those high ends fashion - making them feel depress as they want to fit in and be liked.

• Yes they should

Unity. Simply put. Children do not come to school to be "different" they come to school to be "guided" and "learn" and "camaraderie". Nobody is different, we are all the same, all humans nobody is over/underpriviledged. "freedom of speech"? "liberty"? Pffft...That is an overused word. I can agree to some extent, but that is exactly what is destroying this country. It waters everything down. With a little bit of discipline, a little bit of tolerance, and a bit of humility can never be of harm.

• Makes life easier!

I grew up in Honduras where kids are forces to wear uniform since kinder garden. Uniforms are great because in the long run it safes you money from having to buy your kid cloth. I also believe thag the concept behind an uniform is to give kids the ida that we are all the same. I'm a high schooler now, and you can see how people take fashion more like a competition. Whos wear high in brands and who doesnt? And is sad to know that depending what the answer to that question , is who they choose to become friends with. Overall is just easier not having to think whag wear and get judged by.

• Yes they should

Yes because it makes you look smart and bulling wont happen.. Because everyone will looks the same! Uniform is a good way to reprisent the school. Uniform makes everyone look the same so then no one should get picked on! Because no one looks different and you cant bully someone if your in the same outfit and you look the same

• They should be compulsory

I live in the uk and I have to wear a school uniform. In the workplace for safety or other reasons people may have to wear a uniform. It also encourages discipline. In public it is easier to distinguish kids from different schools. When we do have non uniform days it is usually were you have to pay a donation to a chosen charity. Another thing to point out that it stops kids from going up to parents and making them spend tons of money on clothes. Instead you have a set amount which is controlled by the school. I don't think schools in the us would give money to poorer parents for non uniforms.

• Uniforms make everyone seem equal.

There may be people who are more poor than others. If there was no uniform, it would reflect upon what they wear. How would you feel if your parents couldn't buy you trendy clothes and you get bullied at school for not having fashionable clothes? Would you want anything horrible like this happening to someone else?

• Yes they should

It's just not fair that Australia, UK and New Zealand have them and America doesn't. It also saves time in the morning. I have to wear a tie and a blouse to school everyday and end up hot, sweaty and smelly at the end of the day and kids in America can just be free.

• Absolutely No Uniforms. (In public school)

Maybe a decent dress code so people aren't literally coming to school naked, or have porn on their clothes, but not uniforms. They often cost a large amount of money, they can make a child insecure, and they feel like they can't express themselves. Private school? Whatever. They're private schools. Public school? Children are forced to go to school and shouldn't also be forced to dress some way because "they'll be distracting." I have never in my LIFE personally experienced being distracted from someones calves or shoulders, or "unnatural hair color" and no on I have ever known has either. Uniforms aren't "preparing you for a professional career." Wear what you want as long as it is reasonable. 99% of college students don't wear uniforms and you don't see them struggling to pay attention because the person in front of them is wearing a tank top and eye shadow. There is no correlation between higher success and more uniforms. Same with lower success and no uniforms. They are completely unnecessary. If you want to go out and buy school uniform type clothes and wear them to non uniform schools, have a blast.

• Say no to school uniforms

This is a free country. School uniforms cost way to much and cause itching, and chafing, and it bothers people. School uniforms suck and i dont think we should wear them u suck school uniforms. Thank u. F f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f

• Kjhb kjhv kjhv

G g g g g g g g g g dafg dg dsfg dfg dfg ddfg dfg dfg df f f f f f f f f f f f f s dd d d d r r r t t t t t h h h s s s r r

• School Uniform Debate

I think kids should have school uniforms because they create kind of like a sense of unity inside of schools. I also think that kids should not have school uniforms because uniforms don't let kids express their individuality and self-expression. School uniforms are also not always cute so some kids don't really want to wear them every day like schools want them to.

• Critical Period-Teenage Years

When students get older and enter the work force, or course they will have to abide by a certain dress code...That's why we have one. School uniforms, however, impediment these young people, who are in such a critical time in their lives, expressing themselves. Some express individuality through fashion, others through theater, athletics, academic extracurriculars, ect. For their self-esteems sake, they should not be forced to wear a uniform. There is no evidence that it hurts their ability to perform well...
    As a teacher in one of the best public high schools in Massachusetts (and therefore, the world... http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesmarshallcrotty/2014/09/29/if-massachusetts-were-a-country-its-students-would-rank-9th-in-the-world/ ), I see how uniforms can be helpful. They are practical and orderly. I also, however, recognize their many drawbacks. Most public schools in the US do NOT require uniforms, and this is a positive thing that is in line with our values as a culture.
    Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of problems facing America's schools today, but let's not pretend that the absence of a uniform is one of them. Instead, let's focus on the real issues already.

(And on the whole argument about school spirit: Uniforms promote school spirit? Maybe in some private schools, but have you ever seen a pep rally at a public school?!)

• N n n

N n n n n n nnnnn n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n nn n nn n n n n n n n n n n

• I want to wear my own clothes

If I were to wear clothes, I would like them to be my own. I have my own fashion style and I wish to keep it, I don't want to wear some custom clothing that is required. Plus, People don't normally freak-out about their style, I just put on what I have. Anyway, I think school's don't need uniforms.

• I want to wear my own clothes

If I were to wear clothes, I would like them to be my own.
    I have my own fashion style and I wish to keep it, I don't want to wear some custom clothing that is required. Plus, People don't normally freak-out about their style, I just put on what I have.
    Anyway, I think school's don't need uniforms.

• I want to wear my own clothes!

• We have rights, we're not slaves!

I simply do not believe in school uniforms because we live in America, land of the free. We do not live in China or north Korea. Simple as that. People need to exercise all freedoms and rights because that is the ONLY American way. I think schools should stop bullying people to giving up their rights, as well as the government. Not just uniforms, people, but the more rights we give up then it becomes laws and the authorities are corrupt, people, do not give up your rights especially to a crap excuse for a school system. School is already an unpleasant experience for most, let's not make it worse. Remember we are not slaves we are free Americans as long as we exercise our freedoms of choice and our rights always!!

>