Should ancient languages be taught in schools?

Asked by: Cat47
  • They most certainly should be taught.

Most scientific terms (i.E. Medical), are derived from Latin, Ancient Greek, and other dead languages. In fact, i.e. and e.g. are Latin terms. In addition to this, all modern languages are based off ancient languages, and due to the fact that there is a limited number of former languages, several current ones are derived from the same elder texts. So, therefore, learning these languages can a) help you figure out the meaning of a word, b)can help you learn another language, and c) just make you a more well rounded person.

• They should be taught in schools

Many English words have roots that lead to Latin and Greek. For example, in the word automobile, auto- comes from a Greek word that means self or single, and mobile comes from a Latin word meaning "to move." Therefore, you can infer that an automobile is something that you move or drive yourself. You can use your knowledge of Greek roots to understand the meaning of other words. For example, and autocracy is a government that is ruled by one single person.

• Hell no um i think they're fine!

I think already having to have tests and different un-needed subjects is enough and besides do u happen to come across ancient writing everyday. . . NO! And not only that there are tons of ancient writing to learn all would take years and i don't think any kid wants to spend their life learning ancient writing for no reason and like they need one more thing to worry about.

• Yess sudhu asefua

Are derived from Latin, Ancient Greek, and other dead languages. In fact, i.e. and e.g. are Latin terms. In addition to this, all modern languages are based off ancient languages, and due to the fact that there is a limited number of former languages, several current ones are derived from the same elder texts. So, therefore, learning these languages can a) help you figure out the meaning of a word, b)can help you learn another language, and c) just make you a more well rounded person.
    Report Post
    Like Reply00
    They should be taught in schools Many English words have roots that lead to Latin and Greek. For example, in the word automobile, auto- comes from a Greek word that means self or single, and mobile comes from a Latin word meaning "to move." Therefore, you can infer that an automobile is something that you move or drive yourself. You can use your knowledge of Greek roots to understand the meaning of other words. For example, and autocracy is a government that is ruled by one single person.
    Posted by: owen4605 Report Post
    Like Reply Challenge00
    I do not think so... I don't think that this should be taught in school only because it is a waste of memory. I think if you want to read hieroglyphics for living or something you should study it in college. It would be cool to learn it but what good will it bring to your life if your a doctor for

• I do not think so...

I don't think that this should be taught in school only because it is a waste of memory. I think if you want to read hieroglyphics for living or something you should study it in college. It would be cool to learn it but what good will it bring to your life if your a doctor for example...

>