• We are animals

Some people believe humans are superior than animals just because they can learn and talk. But animals in my own opinion are superior than others. All animals have been living in earth before any human being existed. Also animals don't kill for fun, they don't suicide (Lemmings don't suicide!). Also animals are stronger than us, faster than us and better swimmer.But still lots of humans are treating animals unfairly by beating them or killing them for fun. I believe humans should treat animals as if they are humans.

• The more I know about people, the better I like my dog

Human beings are so unbelievably arrogant. Just because we're intelligent, doesn't mean we're better than any other species. They have as much right be here as we do. In fact, look at what 7 billion of us have done to the planet; animals don't cause deforestation or excessive CO2 emissions. I'm not saying we should elect an Alsation for President, but I am saying we have absolutely no right to commit animal cruelty or destroy their habitat. They should be treated equally in so far as they have the right to live and not be persecuted.

• They brought us success.

Animals should definitely be treated equal because without them how would we have survived? Horses and oxen pulled plows for us, dogs helped us hunt rabbits, squirrels, and small pests. People these days don't look back on the past. Without horses how would people in the olden times travel? Sure you could walk but it would take twice as long. Animals should be treated equal because they have done more than we have ever done for them.

• Deserve our Respect

They help us like being guard dogs, Help visually impaired get around, Help the police find drugs and criminals. They can help in herding. So we should respect them and not abuse them as it is also against the law and animal rights. I hope that you do not abuse animals and help them who are being abused

• We all are made in god's image

Animals also have right to leave. . God is the creator of universe. . And as we all are made in god's image. . Who are we to take away their life? . . Only god can give a life. . And only god can take it away. . . . Maybe animals can't do the work that we do. . But that doesn't mean they are lack inteligence. .
    Plz. . Try to promote huminity

• Animals and humans are not that different

Over the years we have made so much progress, Giving Women the right to vote, Ending slavery, And integrating African Americans into to our life. Animals were here before us, And animals have the capability to adapt to our cities. They need to be treated with respect, Humans have come so far in life why can we bring animals on to the list of friends?

• We don't deserve animals. Just look at their and our past together.

Technically speaking animals were her before us. Every day we steal more and more of their own habitats and we kill more and more of their friends. Just think about what animals have done for us. In both of the World Wars dogs helped us and saved many peoples lives. They sniffed out bombs and let us know where hurt people were. Animals are also the things that help us by being service animals. Without service animals many people would be stumbling around having no one to help them. Many people say that they love animals and would do anything for them, But there are also the 40% of people that disagree. We don't give enough credit to these wonderful animals. I know they may have flaws, But so do we! Although most people don't really think about it, If animals had to be treated fairly many animals may be nicer and we would have less people that would get hurt by them. And for whoever says that "WE RULE THE WORLD! " they are very much incorrect animals ruled the world and we cheated by stealing their glory and claiming all of THEIR habitats and land. We might think we are smarter than them but to be honest. . . Truly they are very smart they just show it in their own way because they can't speak in our language. Even if many people witness a bear or animal attack a human we shouldn't blame the bear, It was probably something the human did by trespassing on the bear's land. We get mad if a wild animal comes onto our property but if we trespass on their land and they attack we get mad at them. WHAT THE HECK? ! ? ! ? ! ? !

• We literally evolved from animals. . .

Y'all say that we aren't animals and I'm not saying current day we are but we did evolve from them and why should they be treated any differently? They feel pain, They feel sadness, They have emotions and needs and just because most aren't as intelligent as us doesn't mean that their lives don't matter, Sure some animals might be killed for food, Which I believe is acceptable however poaching for rhino horn or elephant tusks is not!

• Animals are amazing

Yes they should be treated equally probably even better. Animals have been abused killed for no reason just because people want to do it for fun. In my opinion abusing them for fun is not right it's just wrong and we don't deserve animals in anyway we are way to cruel to them. People need to stop abusing animals

• Ahahaha ahahha ahahaha

K o l a n g u i e t m a m a w n i a m a z o v t u f i n a y o m a s i s i t a b a r n a k c a l i s

• Animals are not human

I'm guessing all those that voted 'Yes' are vegan, because if they are not then there is some serious hypocrisy going on here.

I'm vegetarian myself, i'm all for animal rights and I advocate for them regularly. But animals are not humans and should not be treated as equals. I love my dog, but he is a dog. He does not have the cognitive abilities that make us human, nor the same level of emotion and empathy as humans. Animals should be treated with respect and looked after, but I would put every human I know before an animal.

• We aren't animals

Otherwise for supper today, i would not have had roast beef, but roast man (or women for those who want to be politically correct). There is something that separates us and it is this. The ability to think reason, and self actualize (as well as have debates with others). If you think all animals are nice kind furry animals, you must have missed those articles about sea otters. 1.
    Also, at what point do you decide where resources should be allocated when you have a tenfold increase in the individuals`that you need to deal with.

1 http://news.discovery.com/animals/the-other-side-of-otters.htm

• Animals are animals humans are humans

I think that animals are unique creatures, but, they are not the same as humans. So they shouldn't be treated like one. If you were to ask a dog if it would go to school and write an essay, it wouldn't be able to. Because it's not human.(And it doesn't have hands). You see, animals should have just as much respect as a human, but, will not be treated the same way. Animals are animals, and humans are humans

• People are not animals.

In order to support this, humans must be accurately separated from animals. We can do so in showing for the most part mental differences (part of a way longer debate). Animals shouldn't be treated equally as humans because well for one, we eat animals. Suggesting all humans should not eat animals or animal products is relatively absurd. Humans should be humane in the way we go about this, but it is something that needs to happen. Also, "treated equally" would imply that we treat animals as humans. This would mean communication and socialization, which I don't think will happen anytime soon.

• I don't think so.

A bear kills a person in the woods, and other people witness this event. Since animals should be treated equally to humans, we should put the bear behind bars in a normal jail, since there's no need to discriminate between animals and humans. And while we're at it, animals should also be given the right to vote.

• Humanism is my prefered look on things.

I am not religious, but honestly, animals are not humans, as a humanist, I simply believe that this planet pretty much belongs to us. That doesn't mean we have to be excessively cruel to animals. But on the same level as a human? No, never. Not while there are starving children in even a single place in the world.

• W t f?

The same as humans definitely not! That doesn't mean we should treat them cruelly. But what you are saying is that if a human that you don't care for and an animal are in a burning building and you can only save one you will save the animal! I cannot see how a rational person can accept that.

• We are above animals.

Yes, I do realize we are technically animals. But I am assuming you mean the average person's view of what an animal is, like dogs, cats, squirrels, cows, etc. We have a conscience, intelligence, creativity, innovation, art, science, religion, economies, and governments that are not simply "the strongest guy is in charge". We have many things separating us from animal, both mentally and spiritually (for those non-religious, you can just focus on mental separations). Also, we basically control the Earth, more or less. Therefore, humans first, animals second.

• Your species comes first

Your species always comes first, but that does not mean that animals should be treated cruelly. If you had to save one: your brother or your friend from a fire, most of us would choose to save our brother. Same with this case. But if it had choose to save all animals or a small group of people, I would have choose to save all animals because I need them the most to survive. If I was driving and I saw a house burning and I had to save a boy or a dog, I would save the boy because he's my species.

• Animals don't provide

I generally love animals but the laws people make are ridiculous animals have been a help to humans since the beginning of time with providing meat and other meal supply's such as milk or eggs but if a animal don't help us they shouldn't be able to have rights that we have like a lazy coworker you don't want to be paid the same as them so why do we think animals should get equal treatment now I am not talking about service animals just normal animals

00r3d says2014-01-10T00:38:07.160
You need to specify in what capacity the animals are to be held equal. I would find something wrong with needlessly killing that back sheep, but it would be easily justified. You can cage that sheep, ignore that sheep, and remove it from civilization without me blinking an eye. Do that to that kid, and i will ensure you are removed from the gene pool. Would anyone feel justified in killing that kid to save that sheep?
Sorry to those who may be better acquainted with domestic animals and know that may be a goat.