• This is what all young adult & up books should have!

I have encountered quite a few books with swearing, Gore and. . . . Other stuff. People like me may try to steer clear of one or more of these topics, And without these warnings, When we encounter them it's not a fun experienced. When I was about 12, I started checking out books in the young adult section. The books' blurbs did not warn me about content that should definitely not be read by a 12 year old, And it made me uncomfortable with so much inappropriate content in the middle of a book i was into. Having content warnings could help stop this from happening in the future, And help distinguish between what a 12 year old should be allowed to read and what a 16 or 17 year old should be allowed to read.

• Everyone can get disturbed at any point

Games and movies have content warnings. Why not do the same for books? Content warnings could be listed at the end so you wouldn't get accidentally "spoiled" if you don't care about them, But things like animal death, Gore, Abusive relationships. . . Can make people seriously uncomfortable and still be ponctual enough that you won't think you'll come across them when you start a book.

• Yes, books should have content warning.

I definitely think that books should have content warning. I do think that it's only logical that books should have come kind of warning for people to know what it is they're about to read. I think that some form of arts such as books need to have a warning to prevent younger readers from reading them.

• Yes, I think books should have content warnings.

I think it is only fair that the reader knows to what extent sexual or violence is in the book, some people can't stand those subject matters and they wont be able to finish the book that they purchased, I think content warnings are a great idea that only help not hurt the book industry.

• Yes, it would be great if books had content warnings

It would be great if books had content warnings much like those for television shows and movies. Many of the Kindle books I look at mention in their descriptions if the books have a lot of sexual content, extreme violence, or other graphic content that some readers may wish to avoid. The content warnings don't have to be super detailed, but authors and publishers know if their books have sections that some people might not be comfortable with. Content warnings would really be appreciated by people like me who love to read, but really don't want to get involved in a book where every other word is objectionable and there are detailed sex scenes that would make a doctor blush.

• Yes, readers should be advised of the potentially adversive content of books.

Yes, readers should be able to determine in advance whether a book contains material that they might find distasteful or objectionable. Systems already exist for self-regulation of films, video games, music, and television; it should be relatively simple for publishers of books and magazines to adopt and implement a similar system.

• Spoilers & Artistic Liberty

Let me make this clear: I believe that content warnings are important. I believe that people have the right to know what they're reading. However, I think the place for this is not in the book itself, But rather in an app or an online website where people can post warnings for books. By placing the content warning inside a book, It spoils major aspects (maybe not by name of the character, But saying MAJOR DEATH is going to have an impact) and takes away the shock and impact the author is trying to convey. If the author doesn't want this, We have no right to force them to include it! This is where a website could come into play, As people would have the choice of whether or not to use it.

• We can read.

No, books should not have content warnings, because people can read a bit about the book and find out what the book is about. Anymore, any book can be previewed online. Other people post reviews, and you can see if there is any questionable content in the book. It is up to parents to monitor for their children.