• Assault and battery by any other name...

Bullying is by the most fundamental definition a crime...Assault and battery! Battery (verbal abuse) Assault (physical abuse). Not only should it be illegal...It technically IS! Also, it is morally wrong to forcibly impose your will onto other people. Since most bullying begin at childhood, we as a people should be more vigilant in protecting our youth.

• Bullying should be illegal

As a student myself, I have seen bullying quite often. The main problem is that even after I report them, it still seems to be the same bullies and the same victims. This proves that the current punishment is not enough. Suspension, sometimes expulsion from schools isn't enough and there needs to be a more severe punishment. Just giving bullies a week or two of jail time would be sufficient to stop them from doing it again.

• Bullying should be illegal

As a student myself, I have experienced bullying and it sucks. Just walking around the hallways I can hear people insulting or ridiculing others. I have informed the teachers of these acts, the bully(s) apologize to the victim, however it does not change their behavior. It gets even worse now with technology and the internet. The victims cannot get away from it, and are usually scared to tell somebody about it. The punishments just aren't stopping this, and it needs to become more severe. Even a week of jail time would surely stop bullies.

• Ban bullying now

I think bullying should be banned and illegal because this kills people and some dont realize it it is assult and incorrect stop it right now!! People dont need this people have enough stress and anxiety its happened to me and its so wrong i have been to the hospital and i have had anxiety attacks ive passed out and everything just stopp

• It's already illegal.

I believe the word you are looking for is called harassment. It's what we used to call bullying, before bullying became such a hot buzzword. Harassment is illegal and in some cases can even be a felony. What we need to do is campaign to get police and prosecutors to more aggressively investigate such crimes.

• Stop it all!

Bullying should be illegal for many,many reasons. It has caused many teens to commit suicide and other types of harm. It also affects education within school as students who suffer from it tend to become depressed and also cause anxiety. Bullying is a disease, that causes more and more diseases

• Well yes it should.

Bullying should be illegal because it damages most people physically, emotionally, and even mentally. The problem with that though is how could they completely get rid of bullying. Even if it was illegal a lot of people would still do it. Another problem also arises. When people are bullied most of them are scared to where they won't report the person bullying them. They are afraid it will get even worse and that if they do report them the bully will know it was them. They feel as if they are emotionally, and mentally trapped in a world they cannot escape and sometimes this can lead to serious problems. This can lead to self-harm or even suicide. I have been being bullied for the last 2 months but I just reported them and it is a big relief on me. I was cutting myself badly and even thinking about suicide. It helped drive away the girl I love. She is the reason I reported them so that I can get her back. Hopefully she gives me another chance soon. Either way bullying needs to stop because it is affecting our society in a bad way. It affects the person being bullied and even the person doing the bullying.

• It is Wrong

If abuse is illegal and bullying is abuse why shouldn't bullying be illegal. I personally experienced bullying and I didn't like it at all. Why do we justify adults who do pretty much the same thing and we don't justify bullies. In my county you can file charges against bullies and if I can do that than bullying should be illegal.

• Needs to end

Bullying ruins kids lives. It’s with them forever. If we make bullying illegal we can make kids lives better. They can be more happy in school, At home and other places. If bullying isn’t illegal than it will just stay like what’s in school right now. It needs to stop.

• Bulling needs to stop

I feel that if there was a punishment much greater than suspension, being expelled, ect. People would stop doing it entirely. Seriously people kill them selves after being bullied. All it takes is a couple of words to completely lower someones self esteem. I say all types of bullying should be illegal. Eveything from Cyber to Verbal to physical and everything in between. Bullying has been going on sense the beginning of time and I say now is the time to try to put an end to it once and for all.

• That's like saying should we ban something as vague as terrorism

It becomes a catch word just as easily. Now simply making fun of someone is bullying. Yes it's wrong, but it's also wrong to continue this neurotic fragilization of our already fragile society. What kids need is not another fear-induced created value jammed down their throats, they need something they can live for, and it all starts with finding something to live for.

• Might as well ban sex.

I don't know how many times I will have to reiterate this point, but bullying is a natural human behavior that is derived from the hierarchical social structure that we live in. People will naturally want to get to the top, and many-a-times that will involve bullying your way to get there. If you make bullying illegal, it won't do anything to stop it, and will just make it a taboo thing that will give rise to even MORE rebellious teens.

• There's no need

Bullying isn't a singular thing. It's a general idea of forcing your way onto someone else. If you do this with physical violence, then you are punishable by law for assault. If you steal someone's money (as shown in the picture), you are punishable by law for stealing. If it's dome by merely verbal means, then it would be over regulation by the government to deal punishment except in extreme cases (including racism and things of the sort). Basically, there's no need.

• Unrealistic and a bit radical

Bullying is categorized into different levels and methods. It is most focused on adolescents and children. Of course, all bullying is bad, but it can't be eliminated completely. Most people are bullies, obviously on different levels, but we all harass another person in some way. Physical bullying is the most intolerable, however some of the other methods are just as hurtful. In the end, bullying is part of growing up to me. It tests you to express individuality and gives you a mental backbone.

• It should stay within the school

Bullying is nowhere near as serious as any other crime, imagine if every time a kid hit another, it would get filed to the police, involve their family, friends and others and its just a complete waste of time when it can just be resolved in the school. Punishment is given such as detention, at first, then suspension, even expulsion or move schools, otherwise its just a complete waste of time for the school, police and everyone...

• Do you even know how bullies hide inside of them?

Some bullies are good in the inside but threatening on the out.
    Have you ever been bullied? Bullies also has feeling, they might feel that no-one has a feeling, even tho u do. Bullies need someone in their life to trust a lot! One of my friends used to be a bullies then she changed from me. Just help them! Don't call the cops at them, then they have to go to jail for harassing you! BULLIES HAVE FEELINGS TO YOU KNOW!

• Why not bruh

I am iron man
    Has he lost his mind?
    Can he see or is he blind?
    Can he walk at all
    Or if he moves will he fall?
    Is he alive or dead?
    Has he thoughts within his head?
    We'll just pass him there
    Why should we even care?
    He was turned to steel
    In the great magnetic field
    Where he traveled time
    For the future of mankind
    Nobody wants him
    He just stares at the world
    Planning his vengeance
    That he will soon unfold
    Now the time is here
    For iron man to spread fear
    Vengeance from the grave
    Kills the people he once saved
    Nobody wants him
    They just turn their heads
    Nobody helps him
    Now he has his revenge
    Heavy boots of lead
    Fills his victims full of dread
    Running as fast as they can
    Iron man lives again

• Bullying should only make you stronger

Bullying should not be illegal because , when you get bullied it should make you stronger and it should make you hole your head up even higher, because sometimes bullies bully because either they are jealous of you or they are going through something at home and want to take it out on people. Even if bullying does get illegal, people won't stop because like the First Amendment you can say whatever you want to say even if you don't like it because it's freedom of speech

• Do not be so weak

Adults bully each other to. So when you get bullied on school you would be prepared for real life. So do not be so weak and accept that you will be bullied. The only thing you could do is to prevent it and learn why you get bullied in the first place.

Shadow-Dragon

• Only if it's Physical

In most cases, physical bullying is already illegal. Assault/battery, sexual assault, and other physical attacks are already illegal, therefore making physical bullying illegal. Verbal abuse should not be illegal for a multitude of reasons, the most important of which being the 1st Amendment. You may not like what others have to say, but they have the right to say it. If it's slanderous, that is grounds for a lawsuit. If verbal bullying is severe enough, it can be taken to court. Not only this, but many people confuse "bullying" with constructive criticism, or just plain messing around. Making that illegal would only further the degeneration of society, making people weak.

Tiera_Chea says2018-03-27T18:28:55.057
AS IT IS NOT TO BE ELIMINATED, IT SHOULD BE REGULATED. Allowing bullying to occur isn't going to help anyone. Sure, it is the job of parents and teachers to regulate bullying, but the government should take action against this. Even IF they KNOW how to solve these issues, this is still an issue ALL OVER the country, and should be regulated. I'm not proposing this to be a crime but possibly a small offense, which may appear on legal record.--- And only counting certain types of bullying, such as death threats, or physical abuse. I am NOT saying that ALL types of bullying is to be illegal, but the most damaging bullying should be regulated.
>