• Diversity is quality

If diverse people are the governments concern, this argument is definitely invalid. People are free to choose where they desire to live and start a family in also. It is already resolved that the UN gives Canada a certain amount of money for the acceptance of displaced persons so why continue to deprive people of their rights, and waste taxpayers money? Canada is a sensible country but take into consideration how many people are illegally in Canada, and also see how low the statistic is. People have a hard time in their country already as it is, why trouble them further? Especially if it'll benefit your country in the long run. These immigrants are giving back to our small communities and are helping to develop Canada as a whole. It is quite unreasonable to enforce an invalid point onto people who are already stressed out as it is. How would you like it being in their position? Have some sympathy Canadians.

• Ageing population means this is necessary

Canada's population is proportionally older than America's, we need to keep up and we need immigrants to do the jobs that many Canadians won't do anyways. We should have a freer immigration system, especially for people with relatives in Canada. Also, for "illegal" immigrants, (nobody is illegal) they should be allowed to stay at that point. It proves they had the willpower to get here, they will have the willpower to get a job here. It is incredibly difficult to illegally immigrate to Canada anyways, who is going to cross the border? Canada's a great place, but job opportunities here are hardly better than in Washington or New York. As for crossing the Pacific AND getting past coastline security...

• Yes, it is only fair.

While I would first like to state that it really is not any of my business as to what Canada decides to do with its immigration policy, I think in general it is a good idea to allow many immigrants into your country. Much can be gained by doing so.

• Canada is known as a peaceful country

Canada is one of the best countries in the world, if we do not accept more immigrants, everyone will see us at cruel and hateful (like America) We need to keep our reputation up and overall respect etheir decidsionaesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ss s s s s s s s s s s s

• Yes, Canada Has Plenty of Room for New Immigrants

Canada is a huge country, with the second largest land area
    in the world. It has abundant natural resources, including diamonds, timber,
    gold and oil. Its government is stable, its people well educated and well fed. Yet
    its population is relatively tiny, and mostly crowded into a strip along the
    United States border. Its population is only the 37th largest in the
    world, with an average density of slightly over 8 people per square
    mile. Canada could easily welcome more immigrants, with new skills and fresh
    ideas.

• Freedom of Movement

If someone wants to live somewhere why should any government get in the way? All countries should allow as many immigrants as who want to come there to come there. The overall global economy will be more productive when people are free to make their own choices about residence. The increased consumption will more than make up for any jobs taken(and they're not really taken because a job doesn't belong to anyone until it is given).

• Allow immigration &prosper

Vast country with natural resources with less population.Future will bleak if there is no young people
    will be a huge catestrophy. Hence immigration is the only answer for the future problems. The immi grants will bring much needed boost to economy and will work in industry ,agriculture ,transport ,
    all the facets of the vibrant economy. The natural resourses will be properly utilized for the canadian in pertcular and world at large.Since the canada has to do a lot in aleviation of world poverty.

• Yaaaaah yahhh yahh

They Can Help We should let in more immigrants is because they are in need of the help we can provide. In Canada alone the amount of food waste is crazy. If people would stop wasting so much food we could help out many people, not just homeless people, not just poor people, we could help out immigrants by sharing the our resources with them instead of wasting all these resources.

Another reason is, the elderly population in Canada. In 2011 the population of older people was estimated at 5.0 million!! That is how many people retired, that’s how many job opportunities opened up. If we bring in more immigrants they can help fill those spots and that will do a whole lot of good for Canada and that will make Canada more money

• They Can Help

We should let in more immigrants is because they are in need of the help we can provide. In Canada alone the amount of food waste is crazy. If people would stop wasting so much food we could help out many people, not just homeless people, not just poor people, we could help out immigrants by sharing the our resources with them instead of wasting all these resources.

Another reason is, the elderly population in Canada. In 2011 the population of older people was estimated at 5.0 million!! That is how many people retired, that’s how many job opportunities opened up. If we bring in more immigrants they can help fill those spots and that will do a whole lot of good for Canada and that will make Canada more money.

• Yes yes yes

D
    f sf ds f fds g sd gds sdg kgsdnkgsdnk gsdnk sdgn kgsdn gdn kgdn kn gkn kgdnk gdn kgdnk nk gdnk gnk gnk dgnk gdn gn ngn nsgdnk gn n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n

• Canadians are obviously insane

Canadians are obviously insane, and I need to get out of this country as fast as I can. Too many neo liberal/conservative brainwashed psychopaths around here selling out there own kind to rich Chinese. I'll have none of whats going on around here. The 5th and 6th generation Canadians are going to start leaving I hope you all realize that some of us aren't going to stoop to your liberal brainwashing pro immigration, pro gay, pro feminism. Really disgusting country; I'm glad most real Canadians who are wealthy or successful DO NOT stay in Canada.

• No - only 10000 a year !

Canada has the highest unemployment now at close to 25%. We have 2.5 million unemployed. Ontario is in major debt with the loss of 500000 jobs in the past year alone. I cannot find a job for 3 years now and I am an educated local canadian. The more people they bring now the harder is will be for everyone. ONe in every two goes on welfare. Only bring 10000 a year of just rich people who will start companies to employ canadians and please stop bringing in TFWs at 300000 a year who are taking the lower end jobs away from students and local people who need those jobs. Immigration is actually indebting us its not helping us at all at this point.

• The water supply

Our futures water supply cannot be like India's ... Just stop immigration we don't need more people here at all ... They will abuse the system all our families grew up with and will change are nation for the worse. I want my children to grow up with clean drinking water and be able to find good paying jobs without fighting for them with people who can't speak a native language and only came because there country was destroyed by those same causes

• Our culture, schools, cities are turning into these China and southeast places!

In Ottawa today, 1-4 people are immigrants. That's a lot. The immigrants think that since Canada is a "free" country, they can go and come as please. I really don't like that some of them are running Canadian government. Most recent, a lady from Middle East said that every school should have a room built so that in school Asians and Indias can pray and do their culture. Canada never had or should need to do this. This is a Christian or English speaking country. All these immigrants should be kick out and sent back to their home country. Sure, we lose our population but it would be a Canadian country that is one culture. Everything is about money, that's why people want more immigrants to come to Canada. But if that happened we would be completely Asian, Chinese, Korean or some other hideous culture that wants war with each other but still remain in Canada b.S. I want my and the Canadian country and spirt back- I say don't give in on money, money can be replace, culture can't NO MORE IMMIGRANTS

• Support Refugees or support Rich immigrants. Add more Immigrants to Canada?

Canada is one of the top countries that accept Immigrants per capita.

As such, most of them have been people that see Canada as a place to consume and exploit. Be it real estate, fuel and other resources, trade deals, Northern resources and most of all kindness.

I live in Vancouver and when working downtown, some of my EU friends say that "it looks like the Starwars Cantina! It is not Canada."
    (As we were the only white people within sight)

My ancestors fought and died for this country. Many years of hard work, and blood shed was spent over hundreds of years to get this country to the awesome level it is now!
    Doesn't that mean anything?

Now, it is being sold to the highest bid. China has completely changed the dynamic of my home. (I cant afford to live in my home and native land)
    I have watched this since the 90s.
    Chinese culture does not have any desire to be part of Canada or try.
    There are loads of examples of the selfishness and racism in their culture.
    If I talk about the Chinese and object, I am the racist?
    Well, I am now the minority in my country so.. I guess I am not a racist anymore right?

However, the refugees and the people that have worked hard to come here, appreciate and contribute.

So, do we open to more immigrants?
    No. I think we close our country to the folks that just want to buy their way in. I welcome the people that want to work hard, and become part of the Canadian culture.
    Canada is not for sale!

• Take a look in the history books

Before WWI was a very small (Population wise at least) and a not so independent nation. For a nation to survive you need people, citizens. Citizens make things and buy things, which is essential for a nation to thrive. Without people to buy things, a nation would not be able to grow or prosper. During these times, when Canada was a young nation, Canada accepted thousands of immigrants and even offered them free land to farm on. We continued this for many years and now Canada has plenty of people for it to thrive. We are a fully independent country that doesn't need immigrants, but we should still let people immigrate. In emergency situations like refugees and others but the number shouldn't increase. If you've ever been to Toronto or Brampton, Ontario you would see the vast diversity and that we have plenty of immigrants.

• Canada seems to be doing fine on it's own.

Canada seems to be doing fine on it's own. You never hear about any really serious crimes coming from north of the border, nor do you ever have any fears of traveling there either. Canada is a peaceful country and shouldn't be forced to do anything they don't want to do. They have seemed to master what our great country could not, and that is to be selective in their incoming residents.

• No, they do not need them.

Canada seems to be a most sensible country that keeps to itself and has a reasonable life for its citizens. They can control the immigrants coming into their county because they do not have a massive influx of illegal people crossing their borders like the USA does. They are in the lucky position of accepting legal immigrants on the basis of need, so the immigrants they do allow add to the welfare of their country rather than the illegal immigrants that the USA has which tend to be a drain.

• We are a strong country

Canada has grown as a strong powerful country that doesn't need more people coming here taking Canadian jobs or not working at all which means their not helping this country in anyway,instead they make babies and take the governments money there for immigrants should not come to Canada unless they're on a business trip.

• No because we like what we have now.

NO we should not take in anymore immigrants One million educated canadians lost their jobs in 2008 and most have not found work since. THis is because of massive immigration and thousands of employers moving to china and india, and america. I have been out of work 2.5 years and I am in the capital city and I am educated and born in Canada. Also we do not like some of the mentalities of the people and cultures coming into canada, its not our culture and we like to only hear ENGLISH which is the national language of our country. We also have alot of gangs now in the big cities in Canada and once women get home from work, they cannot go outside again.

>