Should Canada let Quebec become an independent country?

• Quebec can financially become independent

First of all, Quebec will lack of money and will be missing some important organisations to become a country (organisations and agencies such as CBSA, Federal organisms regulating it's bridges, VIA Rail, Canada Post, Etc. ). However, The provincial governement will be able to collect more taxes to compensate the now-gone federal taxes, Which will subsequently provide more money to the Quebec's government. Knowingly of this, Quebec and Canada could make a deal to temporarly split the expenses of thoses organisations (and have a common border agency and other common agencies, Which is currently done in EU). After further negociations, Canada will be able to tranfer some of it's debt to Quebec while tranfering its possessions on its territory, Which would increase the expenses of Quebec - of course - but would also increase the income of the then-province-now-country. So, Doing a slow and constant transfer of responsability between Canada and Quebec is possible.

Also, Quebec would no longer have to pay for other provinces' expenses, Such as the Nothern Pipeline administration, The transfers to the territories and provinces that are poorer (if you want, You can refer to the amount of transfers per province/terriroty available on Stat Can's website). Currently, Quebec receives the biggest check, But the lowest per inhabitants, Sinec Quebec did not benefit from other programs like Alberta of Newfoundland when it was time to diversify their economy (Alberta received huge amounts of money to fund their petroleum industry, While Newfoundland and Nova-Scotia had their hydroelectric centrals funded by the federal government. . . Obviously, Quebec did not receive a single penny for the nationalisation of the dams, So it was quite unfair. )

Should Quebec become a country? Hell yeah. It has a different culture, A different language, And Quebec bashing is quite hard nowadays. Let's just say goodbye, And for the next referendum, Please don't make us cry like in 1995 with your ''Quebec, We love you. We need your money. '' Not anymore.

• Canada needs to say bye to Quebec

Well, Since the population at Quebec is 8. 215 million citizens, So I think it should be its own country. They have a lot of people living there and they have five great industries called aerospace, Food processing, Mining, Science, And technology.

There are French islands just off the east coast of Canada, Why can't Quebec do the same? They can be in Canada but not part of it. Canada is mostly English speaking. Trying to accommodate the French in our English speaking Canada really hasn't worked. We can still be neighbor with Quebec if they want to be their own country or join back up with France.

• Quebec needs to leave

There are French islands just off the east coast of Canada, Why can't Quebec do the same? They can be in Canada but not part of it. Canada is mostly English speaking. Trying to accomodate the French in our English speaking Canada really hasn't worked. We can still be neighbours with Quebec if they want to be their own country or join back up with France.

• Because of the following

They all speak only french, they have the 2nd largest population in Canada, and they carry on special traditions that other parts of Canada might leave behind. So it would make sense for them to become independent, because of that and, more that i can not include in here. So yeah. #quebec independence

• These people have created endless strife in our nation.

They've divided us over language, culture, and suddenly decided that we didn't share our heritage. They have committed terrorist attacks, enforced their culture, language, and ideologies upon the majority while claiming that their culture is at risk. They've sold our entire country out to whoever the highest bidder was at the time.

• Let them try

They should be given an opportunity to be their own country because they really are their own country just act as they are not Quebec should be free that is my opinion just let them try it and see how it goes if it doesn't work then make it Canada agin

• Canada can sitll be friends with qubec

Due to just letting them peacefully separate, then there wouldn't be a war of any kind. Quebec has its own culture, language and way of living. They can't be forced to live in a country that does not share that. They should sepatrate and canada should let them do so, without war.

• Make Quebec great again

Please don't judge my just on my sexual interests. I am still a good man. But you need to understand: Gays should be able to adopt children and marry. We are opressed and our interests are stifled. Thats why I want Quebec to become an independant country, the French are way more liberal.

• I am gay

• Quebec should be independent

Quebec would do much better without Canada, they have different language and culture from the rest of Canada. They want to govern themselves differently from what Canada is doing now. Canada is hostile to them, they would rather have their own rules without having any kind of fear of any kind.

• They should stay in Canada

I would say that because it will only be a terrible loss for both Canada and Quebec. Yes Quebec does have a culture, religion, and language, but there is so much more needed to become a country. Peoples conditions will be worse and it will take forever to make them more rich and happy again. Why do all that? Besides, Canada has already given Quebec respect and the right to preserve their culture. They have equal rights and it would easier for Canada and Quebec to work together.

• They have no reason to

THEY ARE A PART OF CANADA you can't just decide to become a new country because you have a different culture and language. I think that its very idiotic that people would want to do this and y'all yes voters YOU'RE NOT THINKING RIGHT like if they're french go to Paris or something

• Currently, no right now

The reason why I think that Quebec should remain Canadian, is because of how corrupt Quebec is, and it would be way better if Quebec became less Majority French to Majority French and English, with Quebec becoming less of a hostile province of Canada.

Quebec just needs to become more Canadian/English-Speaking

• Quebec Don't Deserve It

Quebec's don't deserve to be their own country, they are already a part of Canada. One part of this includes the fact that they can still preserve their own language and culture, they don't need to be there own country just to say they can have their own language and culture. It takes more than language and culture to persuade others that you are capable of being your own country. Quebec being it's own country would just throw things out of order even more than it already is. Having Quebec stay as a part of Canada makes everything easier.

• I say NO

I say no because this will be a waste to become a new country. What we learned will be garbage and they might start a war with Canada or United States. They are close enough it could happen. Quebec is also a major key. It is very important because most of the French population is in Quebec so they will most likely make an alliance with France which will screw us both, Canada and U.S.A.. If Quebec becomes an independent country what stops California to do the same, or British Columbia or Nunavut. British Columbia is already restricted a great deal from the rest of the country and Nunavut has many islands, granted not very many people live there, mostly Inuits. Alaska could also become an independent country because it is also restricted from the rest of its country like British Columbia.

• Quebec will start another war!

They started the American war, so if it was independent they would start another war! So don't let them become independent! It is very stupid to let them become independent... Aren't people supposed to be smart?! I don't think so if they let Quebec become independent... Be smart people and listen to this argument and don't do anything stupid!!,!

• I do not allow Quebec to become an independent country

Why do i say no that Quebec should not be an independent country because if it becomes than all of our history will not be studied as much as it is being studied know because than they will only study the history that the other independent country has and Quebec probably wont even be called Quebec. I really love Quebec and if it doesn't stay as Quebec than all the history that i have learned about it will just go to waste and then we will have to go live somewhere else if we don't like the rules of the other independent country and that is horrible so i am going to say No about Quebec becoming an independent country. QUEBEC DO NOT DO THIS TO US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Let them leave.

What currency will they have? What trade offers will they obtain? How will they get into Canada through our boarders?

Let them do it, the. Wage a war on their new stupid country and take it back.

That's part of Canada. It belongs to Canadians. They can form their own country somewhere else. I don't care what language you speak. Idiots need to stop trying to divide, and start working together.

• No, NO, NO

I'm currently in ON, Canada. And I think Quebec is being very selfish, Canada's second official language is FRENCH! They can keep the culture, they don't need to be a separate country to keep the language and culture? That makes no sense, their "Country" is going to economically fall with the lack of education and people, it won't be a wise decision.

• Hi everyone kid

U r terrible d dkbgbgb g big b t get gt g to t big nh he n h g by. B go. By b g by bg b go g b go gn h n gn g by. By n g n gn g by n gn g g

>