Should children be able to use social media sites?

• Yeah, if they are mature!

I mean why not? So they can talk to their friends after school and on vacation and see what their up to and on some social media sites they can play games together, Just have a parent in control of their account that's all, i don't understand why everyone is so mad about it, just don't friend people on Facebook that are kids, who would you know that is a kid anyways?

• Yes they should be allowed becase of their teenage age.

Teens are growing up and are in a stage of exploring new things. This is their chance to life their life and enjoy because when they grow up they will not have much time to enjoy. Sure some kids on social media post and say bad things. This happens because they don't have discipline or parental guidance. Kids who have social media and have parental guide on what to do and not do; they also have discipline

• Cause we have freedom and we children are supposed to use it

First of all so we can be able to chat with our friends have lives so our parents will be able to contact us for an emergency so we can get to know other people so we can make other people remember something and they will do the same to us and finally so we can look cool

• Us parents can protect them

Simply if we say no they won't stop but now Google and all sites have safe search and with all the new tech parents can download Facebook's new app which connects their child and their parents so that they can control the post their are post in .Similarly in whats app parents can control what they text and so the aren't typing inappropriate stuff or if they have a boyfriend

• No they can’t

I think kids shouldn’t be able to use social media we as parents don’t know what they are looking at and kids even though they look at something inappropriate or bad they find a way to hide so that we can’t see it when I ask for my kids phone and check there history I find nothing inappropriate but me as a mom I know

• I think in my opinion no children should not have a social media account.

Look I am 11 years old and I don't have Instagram, snap chat, Facebook or any one of those social media apps but I know somethings that effected kids like people bullying and people killing them self's just because they are not perfect or because someone say's something about them. Which in my opinion does not sound good at all. Some kids are very sensitive and you might not know that and some people try took look cute and beautiful and try to cover them self just to be like everyone else. One of the reasons why is because some kids are just not mature and sometimes things might pop out of no were and it might be something inappropriate that you saw and you laugh about it when it is not funny.

• Social media is very good

Children could make friends.You could let them be on social media but just friend them or watch them while they are using the social media.10 - up are very responsible enough to use social media because they are about to enter middle school. Plus you can learn things on social media. If you like social media or even want a social media click YES!!!!

• No duh hello!

Of COURSE they should be able to use social media! It makes them more willing to socialize and make more friends. They also are more social because they are becoming friends with more people. Plus, they are also more open to others and are better at making friends than others.

• Yes It is!

Social media is a great idea for kids 10 and over because it is commeon for children at that age can be feeling suicidal and possibly anxiety issues and if they turn to an idol whether it is a celebrity of a youtuber or even just a friend it could help them feel batter

• Of course yes

It only makes sense even if they dont they can still see stuff like on youtube kids can still see bad videos in a time where tech is big it justs limits thier interactions and it would make it so much easier for kids to talk with friends it would just be very good

• They simply cannot handle it

I myself am only what is considered a child, and I believe that social media websites should not be used by children. Simply put, children cannot handle the responsibility it takes to have these sorts of accounts. I am fourteen, soon to be fifteen, and I myself have been irresponsible with social media. I have advertised myself using tobacco, marijuana, and alcohol to the public which is simply irresponsible. I also know plenty of adults that use social media irresponsibly. Kids do not think when it comes to what they post, what they say, what they like, and just what they do over social networks. They may think that it's just a joke but I have seen many people, including myself, suspended/ expelled from school sports, charged with misdemeanors/ felonies and just simply ruin their lives over social media. The only socialization I feel that children need are extra-curricular activities and then when they become mature enough and show that they are responsible enough to handle social media then they should be allowed to use it.

• No, it ruins their childhood

So you really want to see 7 year old gangs? What the heck! If they use social media, they will be exposed to many inappropriate ideas and language. If you were a parent, would you want your young kid having sex (this might be a little extreme) or discussing the latest Miley Cyrus outfit? Some people think the modern teenage generation is bad, but what if 7 year olds act the same way? Eeek! Underage sex would in fact rise in numbers and popularity. Young children should NOT be exposed to our inappropriate culture.

• Becasue my little jhoony boi is nut rebby

Becuse i fricking sayed sooo! He ummmmmm. . . . . . . He. . . . He. . . . . . He. . . . . . . . . He can't use this stuff becuse his mommmy said so god! How many times do i say? Ahhhhh i have to say 42 firickeny worbs! 13 more what the heack i wikipedia go poop my pantsys now! 1beh

• Hfghfghfghgfhfgdhfgfgghfhgfh gfhfg gfhfg

Hfghgfhfghfghdgfdgfffffffffffffffff ggfh gh gfhgfhfghgfh fgdhgfdhfgdhgf hgfh gf g gf g gfh gfh fg hgf gfhdh ghf gfh gfh gfh fgh gfh ghf gfd gfh gf fgh gfh gfh ghf gfh ghf gf gf gf gf gfh gf hfgd gf gf gf gf gfd gfd gfh dfgherherthy t er hft t htrhrt thrt trhrh

• Unaproprit things save the kids

There thing kids should not be able to see adolds mack bad dishons asper when they are drunk!I mean do you want your kids seeing and telling there frendsi mean bad parting your kid will not have ane frends becase they always tock about inaprit things they would gro up to be sad and deprstand have no reson to do any fisk acktid and diy short life. Now do you real want that?For us kids you need to put a titer grip on them or you will be living long then them.

• I kind of agree, but disagree.

That 11 year old kid has a good point in what you might see, but I kind of think that students should have a phone at least because parents might be gone and kids might need entertainment. I also think that kids should at least have good social media, but not everything in this world is appropriate for kids or even adults to see. I am 13 years of age going on 14 and I don't have a phone or social media because I can see things that I would not like to see and I don't need to have a phone if I don't need it. I also disagree because kids could actually need a phone and social media because not every place in this world is safe, and there's things that could be done.

• They simply cannot handle it I myself am only what is considered a child, and I b

They simply cannot handle it I myself am only what is considered a child, and I believe that social media websites should not be used by children. Simply put, children cannot handle the responsibility it takes to have these sorts of accounts. I am fourteen, soon to be fifteen, and I myself have been irresponsible with social media. I have advertised myself using tobacco, marijuana, and alcohol to the public which is simply irresponsible. I also know plenty of adults that use social media irresponsibly. Kids do not think when it comes to what they post, what they say, what they like, and just what they do over social networks. They may think that it's just a joke but I have seen many people, including myself, suspended/ expelled from school sports, charged with misdemeanors/ felonies and just simply ruin their lives over social media. The only socialization I feel that children need are extra-curricular activities and then when they become mature enough and show that they are responsible enough to handle social media then they should be allowed to use it.

• Kids should not be able to go on social media.

Kids would get distracted would rush through their work get bad grades it they don't already . It can lead to cyber bullying and suicidal thoughts. I personally know someone who was cyber bullied and didn't want to any thing else but not go any were. In all i think no

• Shouldn't use social media

I think in my opinion we wouldn't want social media because your parents wouldn't want you have g boyfriend in the age5-7 and bringing strangers in your house I don't even think your parent wouldn't be happy or you who wants a stranger in there house and stealing stuff social media is a bad think it could also ruin peoples lifes so you wouldn't want to ruin a nice life that you have.

• Your obviously not right(to the people who say yes)

I don't think that you would really want ur child to b exposed to all this and obviously bullying can happen . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

>