• Yes, up until they're old enough to decide for themselves.

As children are growing up, they are under the care and guidance of their parents. They are also under their parents' rules. However, once children reach the age of eighteen, they're legal adults and can start making their own decisions. At that point, they can choose whether or not to follow the religion they were raised under.

• Is this even a question?

While the opinion itself is somewhat taken out of context, I do believe that parents should bring up their children as they see fit, shaping their worldview as they will, and, when they're older and can fully understand what they believe and why they believe it, then they need no more shaping. I remember hearing a story about two men, both with gardens. They're examining both, and one is flawless and orderly, the other is dry and chaotic. The first man asks the other why his garden is so disorderly. He replies that he wanted it to let it grow on its own, and structure itself. This is similar to child-rearing, because, when young, children are basically empty shells waiting to be filled with the world around them. It's a parent's job to ensure that their child will behave appropriately, and will obviously teach them to accept what they believe. With this structure of knowledge in place, the child develops the capacity to learn why they believe what they believe. Young children are irrational by nature, and require structure, not explanation.

• Depends on reasons and maturity of the child

Parents who practice a religion would likely involve their children in any religious activity that they would practice. At first, the child would believe it's a normal part of life, but upon contact with other non-believing children, they will feel pressure to stop following their rituals, so as to fit in with the majority of kids who don't practice a religion. A child, if well educated in his religion, may choose to adhere for a while, but they may eventually succumb to peer pressure and cease practicing their rituals. That, coupled with the fact that schools mostly only teach the theory of evolution as being the correct theory, can make a child doubt his religion. If following the religion is actually in their best interests (eg: making them a better person), it's worthwhile to keep on practicing it, and it will help if the child feels a sense of enjoyment in doing so.

Next, the maturity of the child is also a factor to consider. If a young child tells his parents that he no longer wants to keep on practicing their rituals, it's likely because they were coerced into doing so by one of their peers. It's not a well thought-out or informed decision. It's one taken by someone else who doesn't share the same beliefs, and who wishes that the child in question does. However, if the child is mature enough to take such a decision, and presents good reasons why he chooses to take such a course of action, he or she should be allowed to pursue such a path. Otherwise, if again practicing their parent's religion is in their best interests, then it would be beneficial for them to do so, and their parents should make sure of that.

• No, religious freedom does not begin at eighteen

Although it is not easy to work around a young child attending the same services that their parents do, it should not be mandatory. Once the child is old enough to form their own opinions and have their own beliefs and the parents should not be able to force a religion on them.

• Children should not be forced to follow the religion of their parents.

No, children should not be forced to adhere to the religion of their parents. Ideally, their parents should present their family's religious beliefs to their children and eventually explain to them that this is not the only belief system, however it is the one their family adheres to, allowing the children to decide their beliefs on their own.

• No, children should be positioned to make their own choices.

While most families pass religion along, I don't think children should be required to take on the same beliefs of their parents. Just as we don't expect children to share the exact same political beliefs as their parents, we should expect them to share the same religious beliefs. Parents should educate their children to be strong decision-makers and have good values and then trust that their children will make good choices about their own religious beliefs.

• No, nobody should be forced to do anything

How can you stop them from practicing their parents religion? I think when the child reaches a certain age, they decide on their own, if they want to believe or not. The bigger question is what religion? If its a harmful one, sure your child should not be brought into a cult.

• Children should choose for themselves.

I am Christian but If I had kids they would not go to church unless they decided hey want to. I find it really wrong when parents send there very young children to church when they have no idea what they are doing. Beliefs should not be forced upon others.

• Every Child has their own mind.

I don't believe that any religious belief should be forced on children. I personally think that it may be beneficial to teach children of religion as long as you teach the alternative. My mother is Church of England and my father is almost a lapsed Catholic, I was taught both sides from both families as well as scientific views. I chose to be a Humanist and all children should have the same right that I did. It's unfair to make that decision for someone and possible leave them connect to a religion that doesn't support who they are

• Should not force then to

A kid should be able to choose there religion no matter what when its a right. It will just make the kid go against the religiou more and if they want to seek or find god then they should have tue freedom and right to do so not force it down there throat.

• Forcing children to follow a certain belief system is terrible

Parents should share what they believe, but not expect the child to adhere to their beliefs as well. Children should be given options because forcing them will just make matters worse. It will not only make them doubt themselves but to feel pressure to act, and be a certain way when they know in their hearts that that is not who they are. I'm speaking from experience since my parents forced me to be in the Mormon church since I was born. I never felt comfortable with following their belief system, and it actually made me fall into a deep depression because I felt I had no rights.

• What about the deity?

I'm not a religious believer myself but surely if the child grew up in a religious family, he/her would see why their parents believe in the deity/deities, the parents should teach their children about it but definitely leave it up to the child to decide, without a kids freedom and rights, he will grow up in a close environment not able to think and experience life outside of religion

• All Ages have the Right to Religious Freedom

No person should be forced to follow someone elses faith if they do not believe in its teachings themselves. This applies to children and their parents too. Kids are usually brought into the faith from birth however, and when growing up, if they don't actually believe the faith, most wont do anything. If kids were able to grow up with no religion until they can form beliefs, it would get rid of this problem. Once they do understand beliefs they should be able to follow their own religion, if any. However it can be a problem getting your children to different masses/rituals than your own. It still is not a good enough reason to pressure your kids into your faith from birth however.