• Is this even a question?

While the opinion itself is somewhat taken out of context, I do believe that parents should bring up their children as they see fit, shaping their worldview as they will, and, when they're older and can fully understand what they believe and why they believe it, then they need no more shaping. I remember hearing a story about two men, both with gardens. They're examining both, and one is flawless and orderly, the other is dry and chaotic. The first man asks the other why his garden is so disorderly. He replies that he wanted it to let it grow on its own, and structure itself. This is similar to child-rearing, because, when young, children are basically empty shells waiting to be filled with the world around them. It's a parent's job to ensure that their child will behave appropriately, and will obviously teach them to accept what they believe. With this structure of knowledge in place, the child develops the capacity to learn why they believe what they believe. Young children are irrational by nature, and require structure, not explanation.

• Depends on reasons and maturity of the child

Parents who practice a religion would likely involve their children in any religious activity that they would practice. At first, the child would believe it's a normal part of life, but upon contact with other non-believing children, they will feel pressure to stop following their rituals, so as to fit in with the majority of kids who don't practice a religion. A child, if well educated in his religion, may choose to adhere for a while, but they may eventually succumb to peer pressure and cease practicing their rituals. That, coupled with the fact that schools mostly only teach the theory of evolution as being the correct theory, can make a child doubt his religion. If following the religion is actually in their best interests (eg: making them a better person), it's worthwhile to keep on practicing it, and it will help if the child feels a sense of enjoyment in doing so.

Next, the maturity of the child is also a factor to consider. If a young child tells his parents that he no longer wants to keep on practicing their rituals, it's likely because they were coerced into doing so by one of their peers. It's not a well thought-out or informed decision. It's one taken by someone else who doesn't share the same beliefs, and who wishes that the child in question does. However, if the child is mature enough to take such a decision, and presents good reasons why he chooses to take such a course of action, he or she should be allowed to pursue such a path. Otherwise, if again practicing their parent's religion is in their best interests, then it would be beneficial for them to do so, and their parents should make sure of that.

• Yes, up until they're old enough to decide for themselves.

As children are growing up, they are under the care and guidance of their parents. They are also under their parents' rules. However, once children reach the age of eighteen, they're legal adults and can start making their own decisions. At that point, they can choose whether or not to follow the religion they were raised under.

• Should not force then to

A kid should be able to choose there religion no matter what when its a right. It will just make the kid go against the religiou more and if they want to seek or find god then they should have tue freedom and right to do so not force it down there throat.

• Every Child has their own mind.

I don't believe that any religious belief should be forced on children. I personally think that it may be beneficial to teach children of religion as long as you teach the alternative. My mother is Church of England and my father is almost a lapsed Catholic, I was taught both sides from both families as well as scientific views. I chose to be a Humanist and all children should have the same right that I did. It's unfair to make that decision for someone and possible leave them connect to a religion that doesn't support who they are

• Children should choose for themselves.

I am Christian but If I had kids they would not go to church unless they decided hey want to. I find it really wrong when parents send there very young children to church when they have no idea what they are doing. Beliefs should not be forced upon others.

• No, nobody should be forced to do anything

How can you stop them from practicing their parents religion? I think when the child reaches a certain age, they decide on their own, if they want to believe or not. The bigger question is what religion? If its a harmful one, sure your child should not be brought into a cult.

• No, children should be positioned to make their own choices.

While most families pass religion along, I don't think children should be required to take on the same beliefs of their parents. Just as we don't expect children to share the exact same political beliefs as their parents, we should expect them to share the same religious beliefs. Parents should educate their children to be strong decision-makers and have good values and then trust that their children will make good choices about their own religious beliefs.

• Children should not be forced to follow the religion of their parents.

No, children should not be forced to adhere to the religion of their parents. Ideally, their parents should present their family's religious beliefs to their children and eventually explain to them that this is not the only belief system, however it is the one their family adheres to, allowing the children to decide their beliefs on their own.

• No, religious freedom does not begin at eighteen

Although it is not easy to work around a young child attending the same services that their parents do, it should not be mandatory. Once the child is old enough to form their own opinions and have their own beliefs and the parents should not be able to force a religion on them.

• No they don't have to

Kids are people. Forcing them to follow your religion is treating them like things. If they don't want to follow your religion, Deal with it. Sure, You can make them go to the religious place with you if it is not home alone. But you should teach your kids to respect religion. If you don't respect that they are atheist, You will teach them that it is okay to be disrespectful to religion. Disrespecting atheism is as bad as disrespecting atheism. If they are another religion, You should allow that. People should not discriminate others and you doing it will make it worse.

• Children should never be forced to follow their parent's religion

I am a child whose parents have forced to follow and abide by their religious laws. I feel awkward in public wearing the clothes I am forced to dress in and I am constantly teased and bullied. I do not believe in what my parents do and I do think I should have to respect their beliefs and not tell them they are wrong, But being forced into a lifestyle that doesn't suit you or your personality is horrible.
    If you are a parent seeking advice on here, Please take my advice and don't push it onto them. If you do they will not be happy with you and might even consider ending their lives because of what they are forced to do.
    -Anonymous

• Freedom of religion

Freedom of religion is a human right. There's a reason we don't call it an adult right. It applies to everyone including children. Forcing a religion on a child is just as wrong as forcing it on an adult. Everyone should be free to choose their own religion, And to convert to a different one at any age.