Should children be locked up in containment cells without food or water until they're older?

• DUH. It's obvious

So, This might sound strange, But its obvious once you think about it.

I mean, Children take up space. And we have limited space.
    And, They need their own space, So. . . . . Cells give them and us space.
    And children take space x limited space x need own space = space to the third.

WE GET as much more space as space cubed! WOAH!

Also, Children these days are not very grateful. Once they get realeased, They will be very grateful for opportunities and food and stuff.

Additionally, Survival of the fittest. If the weaker ones (who need food, Like what? ) die, We will be left with only the strongest human beings. So,

People who think this is a Joe are crazy pants. This is topical discussion important to today's society.

Think. About. That.
    -WillyNillyWonka

• I'm still surprised that people don't approve of this.

I've been shooting deer and knees for the past 10 years and I still question why this topic is still in the air. Children are obviously not capable of making life decisions or holding feelings or opinions. That's just a known fact by now. Any child who protests with that are the children who are on my wall today. And, Let's be serious here, We've all wanted to lock up our children or label them as "SCPs" for a while now. As adults we're better than those mindless brats!

• Waste of Space

Children are nothing but a burden towards not only the state, But parents too. Adding a child represents a major financial stress: The cost of raising a child today is $233, 610 – excluding the cost of college – for a middle-income family, According to the U. S. Department of Agriculture. WASTE OF MONEY! I say lock them all up until they can fend for themselves.

• Sure! Lock em' up.

Our children aren't nearly more mature enough to see natural things like "grass" or "flowers". Obviously they should never see the light of day until they're old enough. What productive things do our children do nowadays? Play outside? Really, That's the best excuse people can think of? Children who escape (even our own) should be killed immediately before they "share" with their friends. Why didn't this happen before?

• Abhorrent! But could one day happen!

This is the worst idea I've ever come across! Its just cruel. Children should be happy and allowed to have friends and play. . . …. This is just imprisonment. . . Actually its WORSE! Without much food/water? They will either die or be very ill. What will they do all day in their "cell"?

The scary part is that one day this could actually happen! After all according to many, Kids have to be protected at all cost (ya know safeguarding and all those people who just might harm them) that they will argue that it will be for their own safety and to protect them from the outside world. . . . . Its a bit like now. People try to protect children but actually end up exposing them to more "abuse" then what they were originally trying to prevent!

• View from an 11 year old

This better be a joke. Is this a joke? If not, Then this is horrible. First of all the children WILL die. Food and water are essential to human life. Second of all after the children and all the older generations die, There will be no people left on this earth. If you're including animal and plant children as well, Then there will be no life left on this earth, Except for some trees. Children shape our future. You say us children are not grateful. But you can't read our minds. I know I am a kid. But does that invalidate my opinion? No.

• I can't tell if this is a joke or not

Well, I hope this is a joke because if it isn't, You people on the "yes" side need to be locked up before you abuse or starve children to death. Children need to experience the world so they can make decisions and learn from their mistakes. Locking up a child will if not kill them, Leave them with long lasting severe trauma, That could possible leave them non-functional in society. All in all, I very much hope this is a joke.

• No! Obviously not! Unless if they're in Middle School. Those "kids" are horrible.

I used to be an avid child-container until very recently. Hitler was an angle compared to the people who say yes to this! Our children are the people who we raise, And the excuses for free spankings. It's only common sense to let them free, And see the many horrors of life that are practically running at them. So what if they're dead by tomorrow? This is still the better choice!

• No you will have destroyed an entire civilization

You need children because you are old and I bet you are balding too. The children would find a way to rebel and I think they would pay attention to you first. So find a nice cave to hide in and avoid children. I bet you do not even have enough money saved up for retirement either. The children are the ones you pass the debt to.

• What absolute bullshit

The very fact that this topic has been brought up sickens me. Locked up until they can fend for themselves? Children form the future, The way ahead for people. If the leaders of tomorrow are treated as harshly, Then how do you expect them to treat their own children? And now that this has started with children, What will the next consequence be, Locking up old parents? Grandparents? And a mister in the yes column tried to weigh the value of a child's life in terms of the amount of money needed to educate them. You sir, Are the one who needs to be locked up. Children always ought to be free to live

• What absolute bullshit

• What is this?

This makes literally no sense. Kids would die just a few days without food or water. A better debate would be whether we should better regulate opinions like these because this is essentially child genocide. You're no better than Hitler if you say yes to this. THINK OF THE CHILDREN!