• Yes, children should play video games.

Playing video games is one of many ways to learn many knowlage like history language and science and games can improve children mind like solving the problems and planing. Moreover, games can make children relax from their work and their free time will be useful. Thus, some games is good for children. Even playing video games is good for children but parent should teach and take care of their children from games addiction.

Posted by: W2E
  • Games can be stimulating.

Not sure about others but I've been a gamer since a young age and I've come across gaming as a form of stimulation that can help me improve on intellectual activities.

I learn how to speak and write English through playing games, Not kid games mind you, But strategy games, RPG, And FPS games. I take up on how characters interact and use it to improve my English skill. Fast forward till now, I still got much to learn but for sure gaming has helped me one step closer to achieve my dream.

It's also a nice stress outlet.

• Any game can.

You see any game you play you learn from or better reflexes and strategy games and puzzles or historical event games with war. I learned about the war from call of duty games and I wouldn't have learned in school and developed better hand coordination. I developed these by playing.

• Duh, it is obvious

1. Video games teach problem solving. Video games get kids to think. There are dozens of video games that are specifically geared towards learning, but even the most basic shooter game teaches kids to think logically and quickly process large amounts of data. Rather than passively absorbing content from, say, a TV show, a video game requires the player’s constant input to tell the story.

2. Video games are social. The stereotype of the pasty-faced adolescent sitting in his mom’s basement playing video games on his own is as outdated as Space Invaders. Many games have thriving online and offline fan-bases, and a community component that strongly encourages social interaction.

3. Video games provide positive reinforcement. Most video games are designed to allow players to succeed and be rewarded for that success. Different skill levels and a risk-and-reward gaming culture mean that kids are not afraid to fail and will take a few chances in order to achieve their ultimate goal.

4. Video games teach strategic thinking. Video games teach kids to think objectively about both the games themselves and their own performance. While there are many games that place a premium on strategy, most set an overall goal and give the gamer numerous ways in which he or she can achieve that goal. Players also get instant feedback on their decisions and quickly learn their own strengths and weaknesses.

5. Video games build teamwork. The vast majority of video games are now designed with cooperative play options. Whether it’s fighting off alien invaders, solving puzzles, or being on the same bobsleigh team, video games offer kids a wealth of opportunities to constructively work together.

6. Video games improve hand-eye coordination. Video games have been found to improve the balance and coordination of numerous patients from stroke victims to those suffering from Parkinson’s Disease. There have even been studies that suggest that surgeons who regularly play video games make less mistakes in the operating theater than non-gamers. Even if your child is super-healthy and has no desire to be a surgeon or watch-maker, good hand-eye coordination is an invaluable skill to have.

7. Video games bring families together. If you can’t beat 'em, join 'em. Video games aren’t just for kids anymore. Ask your kids to teach you a few moves and you might find that Family Fun Night is every bit as enjoyable as those games of Clue and Monopoly used to be when you were a kid!

• Video games can help the brain.

Some video games can help stimulate the brain in a good way. Not all games are bad. For instance, Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader helps you with useful facts. It all depends on the system too. For instance, if you play on the computer, it is not as bad because there are games that help with math and science skills.

• Don't Get Addicted Though

Video games are a fun way to learn many helpful skills. Better Hand-Eye Co-ordination, teamwork(in Co-op games), faster reflexes are several of the benefits.
    Of course, depending on the type of game, different things are learnt. Some games (eg. Runescape) have a medieval setting, where some general knowledge can be learnt.
    One thing that worries me about games is how quickly some children can be addicted. I've spoken to a World of Warcraft player who told me they wish they can quit but they are addicted to the game. As long as the child can manage their time, gaming is a good thing.

I, for one, am glad to be a gamer. I've learnt much more from games than lessons at school can ever teach me but I do value my school time as well.

• Of course, but to some extent.

Videos games are a way for a child to learn. Stopping kids from playing would just hinder this way of learning. Video games both help improve hand eye coordination and help improve the reflex of kids. Kids should be limited to a certain amount of playing so they could get off the computer or video game and do something more social.

• Yes, children should play

Of course children should play video games, but the type of video games should be censored. There are a lot of fun, appropriate games for children. I believe video games help children to relax and enjoy life a bit. School is hard for kids, they deserve to have a break once in awhile.

• Yes, Children Should Play Video Games

I see absolutely nothing wrong with children playing video games. It is up to the parents to decide when and how much video game playing is appropriate for their children. Also, game designers should take more responsibility for the future of our children by designing games with an "undercover" educational aspect. Most importantly, parents should make sure their children are not playing violent games that devalue the lives of other human beings.

• Especially Age-Appropriate Games

We hear stories all the time about people playing video games for 3 days in a row with little sleep or people dying from blood clots because they sat in a chair too long while shooting up aliens in a popular game. However, with age-appropriate games and a little restraint, video games are vital to developing fine motor skills in addition to hand-eye coordination. There are plenty of educational games on the market as well.

• No of course not

The founder of the internet himself did not allow his children to play on the net till 7 years that itself proves that internet is not good for us. Plus the children may not even want to talk to their own parents they don't feel like even eating food. . .

• Video games are not for our family. Here's why.

The "yes" arguments say you can develop problem solving, Decision making, Tactics, Reduce stress, Develop hand-eye coordination, Teamwork, Etc. Guess what, You can *BETTER* develop those skills through: learning a musical instrument, Participating in organized sports, Participating in scouting organizations, Volunteering at non-profits, Etc. And the alternate activities listed involve you actually moving and getting exercise (usually) unlike video games.

• It can affect them

Violent video games can affect children by making them also violent. I need more words to post this sooo. . . And i know the only reason your on this website people is because you have an essay and you need ideas. So here is an idea and just build on it.

• Video games are fun!

You see i'm a kid myself, And i enjoy video games. Video games allow me to hang out with my friend that lives far away, And i don't get to see him a lot, Or all the rest of my friends, Because I am normally busy. And my parents don't like me playing them a lot. Yeah i know that its unhealthy to be playing them 24, 7, But i still don't think its
    appropriate to never play them like the people on the right do.
    And also Why Not? ! Video games are fun, So Why not play them, To be honest the people that think video games are stupid and they think kids shouldn't play them, They're buzzkills. Thanks for reading my opinion.

• Games are bad for children

I think games are very bad for children's brains for example my brother plays fortnight everyday and does nothing when he gets how from school but sit in front of his play station and just play fortnight and in his report he did so bad because this stupid game is messing up his brain and he still has his whole life ahead of him IT IS JUST NOT DONE THIS HAS TO COME TO AN END NOW.

• Only a minimum time

I have really looked into this topic and i have to say no. Too many video games can cause a child to gain depression, anxiety, and many more. Im not trying to say, "Ban all games and let no kids play any video games." Im saying only a minimum time.

• Basically video games made my kid want to shoot a school and it makes me fucking sick

Okay so the popular game Fortnite Battle Royale is fucking gay. And made my kid Dalton Bale Hale The Fucking Snail want to shoot up his school, and I told him no because it is bad and I belive that this is all Fortnites fault, because it has guns are in it and it is bad because guns kill people. Also Dalton Vapes and that prolly helps too

• The cons outweigh the pros

The amount of health risks defeat the whole purpose
    Create Jobs - Improper cost priorities
    Entertainment - Social Isolation
    Educational/Spatial-visual cognitive - health risk (obesity, seizures, decrease in vision, tendinitis, nerve compression, carpal tunnel syndrome, posture/muscular distortion
    Video games have both their pros and cons, but doing your research. Unless you have a proper usage of time management and priorities, I think you're better off without.
    - C-erra Hilton

• It hurts the brain

Video games take away the point of your childhood. When kids play video games, they could be spending that time playing outside making real friends and exploring the world. You actually get more exercise sleeping than playing video games. Video games help nothing except make kids more hyper, mean, cranky, and upset. Back then, kids didn't have any video games and they survived! They definitely had a better childhood. Even though some say video games improve reflexes, that only happens in the thumb, the only part of your body you move! Video games are pointless, and have no purpose whatsoever, unlike T.V., which informs you about stuff.

• Video games are good for children!

Yes, children should play video games. Playing video games is one of many ways to learn many knowledge like history language and science and games can improve children mind like solving the problems and planning. Moreover, games can make children relax from their work and their free time will be useful. Thus, some games is good for children. Even playing video games is good for children but parent should teach and take care of their children from games addiction.

Fong says2017-01-07T14:45:01.030
Children can learn many kinds of skill from video games. They will get more creativity and problem-solving skill to use in their life. Moreover, video games will reduce stress. That will show us children should play video games.
wongsatorn says2017-01-23T07:17:18.480
I accept that games should apply for the child. In the age of technology, many children were pressed by Thailand's education. If children collect much pressure, they would commit suicide. In the other ways, games and sports are relieved it. When children are are playing the games, they are eased. Finally, a game is good for children.