Opinion Question
Argument
Posted by:

The idea of cameras in classrooms is an absolutely sick one, it has nothing to do with pedagogy, but with prisons, terror, discomfort, guilt, etc

The idea of camera surveillance in classrooms is an absolutely sick one, it has got nothing to do with pedagogy, but with the penitentiary space, with prisons, terror, punishment, discomfort, etc. It induces a constant feeling of guilt, to students, as well as to teachers. If you are a real professional, as a teacher,or even if you are just a normal person, claiming a right to normality, especially in schools, you realize that camera surveillance in class is something coming from paranoid people who cannot lead the activity through normal behavior. I could never teach and dedicate myself to the teaching and learning process with a camera spy on me. School and pedagogy are not "tv broadcast", show, machine, or a space for others to constantly spy on people`s moves, reactions, etc. Pedagogy means emotional comfort, and it is about trying to understand each other and to grow together. Under such prison like conception and conditions, it is impossible to work. Teacher training and school inspections could never be realized through this sick intrusion. On the other hand, students in any environment cannot be treated as convicts. It is against the very idea of school at its very core. Cameras in class cannot protect people from violence, lunatics can always sort out other methods, angles, areas, etc if they wish to attack the people around them. On the corridors, nearby doors, etc, it is ok, but the classroom is a sacred and private space for wisdom and light, not a concentration camp or a robot space. It is like somebody would try to dictate every thought, word, move,,etc. I think that pedagogy and school`s goals are precisely to educate people through humane means,through professionalism and responsibility, not suspicion, and paranoid or negative behaviorist-watch-over and punishment methods. We need patience, responsibility, psychology, counseling, Christian counseling, etc. Nobody (principals, colleagues, etc), has the right to intervene in such a brutal way in the activity of teachers and students. The ideas of principles having those classrooms images and the classrooms activity on their screens in their offices, live, anytime, etc, is simply one that makes one think about insanity, judgmental attitude, blackmail and intimidation towards teachers and students,,,,and I cannot accept any other truth. "Hey move, move", fast, fast"(left, right...etc)-isn't this how these spy abusers "kick" students and teachers while studying in class? Mind control,intimidation, judgment,psychological torture coming from the most dirtiest political like (maybe) environment are keywords associated with the idea of cameras in class. Principles or other "colleagues" have no right to impose such things on us, teachers who know what teaching means.Anyone who does that is unprofessional, abusive and should go for teacher training in a high security prison if they like that so much!This world is far from being a free and sane one, and we do not need to pervert minds , nor to create zombies, but to educate souls and minds and to enhance creativity, competence and excellence!
Anonymous says2013-03-12T02:44:57.470
What if your child comes home with bruises. Would'nt you want to know y and stop it. With video evidence they can the culprit and ensure it does not happen again. Without evidence they can't do anything and your child will be beat until he kills hisself or beat to death. Does that sound good to you?
Anonymous says2013-03-15T16:35:16.937
Anonymous says2013-03-19T16:42:13.183
that wouldn't happen they woun't just let that go..u don't need a video camera for everything duuuhh
Anonymous says2013-05-09T16:10:05.080
I knew from the get go that you were a teacher. You sound threatened. My question is, why.
therhytminside36 says2015-09-10T15:32:52.750
So where do you stand as far as this instance is concerned?

Https://www.Change.Org/p/kentucky-state-senate-require-video-with-audio-in-all-classrooms-for-special-needs-students?Utm_source=action_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=386424&alert_id=RALtVfmpMI_bePh4bGmckxaUac1v4ahi6eEcoy7nYCVBx4nNqotMWk%3D

This is why I cannot seem to pick a side... Having that amount of security in a classroom could totally be abused, but when the teacher is doing the abusing and it's their word against the child's it's a really screwed up situation and it makes me want a safety net for those kids to fall back on instead of having to constantly take a teachers emotional/verbal/physical abuse on any targeted child.
wbelisle says2016-05-10T14:44:38.597
I am a professional teacher. Certified in Biology, Chemistry, and Physics, in 3 different states. Most of my teaching career has been in title 1 schools that are socioeconomically poor. Most of my students do not have "normal " homes. They come from broken homes with absentee fathers, or mothers, or raised by a grand parent or aunt. Less than 20 percent of my roster has parents and children with Mom and Dad at home. If students do not have a proper home, they do not have the ability to be properly trained at home in social activities. ( how to act right). My classes last year was full of 4 convicted felons, 9 in and out of juvenile hall, 4 I had to submit weekly paperwork to about attendane to a boys home or parrole officer, and 25 students that entolled 95 office referrals for fights, aberrant behvior, foul language, protitution, and drug abuse. At that school a camera would only help me do my job better.