• Yes

I believe that in a culture where bullying and irresponsible teaching has become central, video cameras are not a bad idea. I do not believe this right would be executed unfairly and is simply a measure of safety for the students and a monitor of teachers to preform their job correctly.

• If used responsibly.

While I am against intrusive surveillance, I don't think that there is really any expectation of privacy within a school classroom. It would help to ensure that both the teachers and the students didn't do anything irresponsible, and, if it did happen, there would be video evidence. I would prefer if the video itself didn't extend past the principal of the school under normal circumstances, though. There's no reason the government needs to see it.

• They Would Help

Yes, classrooms should have video cameras. Having video cameras in the classroom would make both the teachers and older students monitor their behavior a little more. Kids would not be so quick to misbehave since their actions would be recorded and could be replayed for parents and authorities. Teachers might also improve their classroom skills since principals would probably scan videos to monitor performance. So even though classroom cameras could be termed an invasion of privacy by many, the benefits outweigh the invasion.

• Yes, cameras could be a huge help

Having cameras installed in each individual classroom can help stop bullying and violence in the classroom. There are cases of teacher abuse that could be easily detected before they get out of hand if only video surveillance is available. We have the technology to patrol all of our country's classrooms from locations throughout, we should take advantage of it.

Posted by: jus
  • Show What is Really going on

Teachers unions dont want the cameras in the classrooms due to mistrust? Well of course having the superintendent in the classroom the teacher will do his job. When your boss is standing over your shoulder, are you not going to do the best possible job? My childs education is important. He is not going to school to learn how to be lazy and do nothing. When I see some of the paperwork from my child's teacher, it says my son did this or did that. We switched school districts. In one day at the new district, same type of IEP program or special needs or whatever they call it, my son came home with more work in that one day than he did a whole month at his other school. For the whole next week he came home tired from learning with good reports from his teacher. We have since moved back into his old school district, and now the reports of kids doing this and kids doing that. What exactly are these teachers doing in class that allow these kids to behave badly? It is sad that at a school that challenges my kids education, all I get is good reports... but at a school where my kid sits in the same room with really really special needs kids and the only thing wrong with my kid is he is hyper, he gets reports that are really bad? I would like to see cameras in classrooms. How can one school challenge my kid so much and help him to learn so much that he comes home tired with good behavior reports and this school cant do a dang thing?

• Cameras should be In classrooms.

Cameras should be in classrooms because what I was always taught was that school is for learning. The teachers teach and kids learn. If there are cameras in classrooms, people would respect their classroom and even their teachers a bit more. There's nothing to hide, so why hide it with no cameras?

• In case of emergencies, cameras are useful.

I think maybe only one camera should be in the classroom in case someone steals something or someone is cheating on a test. Teachers will be able to catch them by looking at the camera. Anther reason is because there might be someone with a weapon, and the camera will catch the student with the weapon.

• Kids need safety.

Schools should have cameras because of the safety it would provide, not to mention a level of safeness the students and staff would have because of the cameras. The students will be able to pull less stuff. The level of bullying will definitely go down. Isn't that what the students deserve?

• Yes because cameras don't lie.

"A picture is worth a thousand words." Then a video record is worth a million! Being able to show parents how their child behaves in a classroom would be a "wake up" call for both redemptive and proactive action. A video record would be conclusive proof as to what actually happened in a classroom and would save time, money and heartache.

It would also, to put it bluntly, "blow the public's" mind and hopefully begin a meaningful dialogue.

• It would be beneficial, especially for children with special needs.

As a mother of a child with autism with low verbal communication skills, I feel that it would be extremely helpful to know what is going on in the classroom. My son has come home several times with scratches on him and no response from his teacher. When I try to contact her I do not get an answer. This is a grave burden on myself as a mother, and on any parents who have a child with disabilities because of the lack of verbal skills. I have already got an attorney and I am fighting to have cameras installed in my sons classroom as well as have him integrated in general education, along with other factors that would improve his learning abilities.

• C'est mal franchement

C'est pas gentil d'être méchant. Il faut pas pousser Mémé dans les orties. Qui vole un œuf vole un boeuf. Il y a du pain sur la planche. C'est dans les vieux pots qu'on fait les meilleures soupes. J'ai l'Eurostar au bout du tunnel. Faut pas tortiller du cul pour chier droit

• It will make the students anxious

I am in school and I wouldn’t feel comfortable if I knew that someone is always watching me. We don’t always feel like studying, We get bored or we maybe want to say something to someone but with the cameras over our heads it would make us unsafe to do it, Which is not really comfortable. We should feel comfortable and safe in schools and with cameras it wouldn’t be possible. I think the teachers always know who the ones are that are doing bad things so cameras aren’t needed. .

• Use get get

Cut hey cyst Frye bend fin so that i with have a plan for good feet of happened gas Dalmatia Nanak fuel BC bright h, Hey hey hey her me is Jr or fund shy be very by his or or from HF of happened gas Dalmatia Nanak fuel BC bright hey her me is Jr or from HF of happened gas Dalmatia Nanak fuel BC bright hey her me is Jr or from fund I of happened gas Dalmatia Nanak fuel BC bright hey

• Do you want privacy? !

CCTV cameras r there just to prove to the kids they don't trust u.
    Being watched 24/7 in a classroom is uncomfortable for the teacher and the students.
    Is privacy a thing anymore?
    CCTV cameras aren't needed more then they say. What are they going to do? See who was being bad in class?
    Or if it was to check that there isn't bullying. . . That's the students problem and yes, If it is bad teachers should get involved because it could end up bad. But that doesn't mean invading EVERY kids privacy is the right thing to do. . . Just saying.

• Its a invasion of privacy

Many students have claimed that it makes them feel uncomfortable having a camera always watching them. It blatantly inappropriate to have people be filmed without any consent to it whatsoever. One statistic showed that 17 out of 18 students in a class felt uncomfortable with the idea of being filmed

• No, Just no

Students do not feel comfortable when being monitored at all times. They will not feel free to talk about anything with their teachers. They would make provocative gestures at the cameras and it would disrupt the class. The students wouldn't open up with their teachers. I am a teacher myself and I prefer if we do not have cameras in my classroom.

• Cameras should be installed in classrooms

I say this because the student can feel uneasy in the classroom because everything they say and do is being recorded and this will limit the exchange of knowledge. It can also creat an atmosphere of feta and distrust between the teacher and a student. Another reason is the student may hesitate to raise their hand because they are scared of messing up and getting made fun of or talked about because of their mistake

• It invades privacy

Lets say you want to tell a friend a secret but then you are afraid to because you know there are video cameras. What do you do? Tell it and have your secret known to someone who may tell to another person and start a rumor or just not tell? Big problem

• No no no

We are not in a prison No can act normally realizing that he is observed all the time. Spying cameras are not fair for teachers and students. They would make them feel nervous all the time. No one enjoys being looked at while sleeping or in the bathroom. What's going on in the classroom between teachers and students should be normal interaction for learning. With Cameras on all the time means self torturing for both students and teachers
    S

• Why we shouldnt.

Huge distraction for kids who may have ADHD and it is a invasion of property. The financial pay for the cameras would be to great and it could be used for other things than cameras like textbooks, That teachers seem to be complaining about and it could give teachers a raise if they want.