• Teacher Feedback from Texas

Yes! Yes, please do this. This would be the quickest way to fix our education system at very little cost. Give parents a code to do real time virtual visits to the classroom. Observe teachers not just for accountability, but for training purposes. Get rid of behavior management problems on the spot! Are you aware of the thousands of dollars that are spent every day in U.S. Schools just dealing with classroom management? Schools should have glass walls and this is the easiest way to have them.

• This would prevent abuse both from teachers and from students

A camera in the classroom should be able to put everyone on their best behavior. It would be a deterrent against abusive behaviors. Also, this could be used to show parents their child might engage in, in the classroom. As a teacher, I would love to have a camera in the classroom as I strive to behave professionally towards students. Sometimes, I encounter aggressive and inappropriate behavior. Talking to a parent of an abusive student would benefit from a short video of the incident.

• Protect both student and teacher

Missunderstandings happen all the time. If the classroom was monitored then proof of events would reduce the amount of time investigating wrongful claims. Teachers can feel secure in their work knowing that just because they are the only adult in the room most of the time, will have video footage.

• They'd tell us what is happening

Especially if you have been a student in a -particularly- rowdy class, I do believe having constant watch over students, their possessions, and their actions will lead to a safer and better learning environment for all students, and make teaching for the teacher easier since keeping students within reasonable control is not one of the things he/she has to worry about. For example, if some student throws an object at someone else, the teacher might have been writing on the board, completely oblivious to who had done so, and have no idea as to who did it. With a camera and access to recorded footage, the teacher can easily identify and discipline the one (or more) students who had thrown the object.

• Cameras will protect student and teachers

Video cameras need to be in the classroom in order to protect the safety of both students and teachers. In today's society we have video cameras in lots of public spaces such as libraries, school buses, parks, beaches, public streets, etc. A public school is a public place just like any other public place so people are not entitled to privacy rights.
    1. A video recording could be the one thing that saves a teacher's job when there are false accusations.
    2. Video recording could protect a student who wants protection from a teacher who is abusing them.
    3. A video recording could ensure students are being protected from wrongdoing by other students.
    For people who are worried about the security of it, the camera data and controls could be kept in the Principal's office. For people complaining about privacy rights and "big brother"; In public property the right to privacy does not exist. If you don't like it you can either home-school or pay to go to a private school. Oh by the way, the only eye witness of the Boston Marathon Bombers? A video camera.

• YES! Cameras should be installed in classrooms and parents should have remote access to view their child's class.

I really shouldn't have to argue the advantages of surveillance cameras... We use them everywhere. We use them to protect our homes, our banks, even our grocery stores... But not our children? As a substitute, I've worked in a lot of different schools and I can't count the times I've seen TEACHERS yell at students, bully students, and leave the classroom unattended. And OH the things that happen when the teacher turns her back! The bottom line is that we all behave better when we think someone is watching. Students who fear their parent may be peeking in will be inclined to behave better. Teachers will have to be mindful of the tempers. And yes... These days we need to concern ourselves with things like school shootings and knife fights between students... With recording capabilities, there would finally be an ACCURATE account. In my opinion, people who don't want cameras, usually have something to hide. If your teacher or your school is opposed, you need to be finding out why!

• Yes, Security cameras are needed in classrooms.

With an increase in crime, surveillance in more places is simply a necessity. Kids will realize early in life that there are consequences for actions. I am a student myself and I've been talking about this lately. Most of my peers say that they don't even notice them. Sixty one percent of people think that they should be in public places, and school is a public place. In fact, in one high school, after installing fifty seven security cameras around the school, they reported a seventy percent decrease in crime. This is significant evidence that they do work and that they should be allowed in schools.

• Very good point

Well we'll well I like this a lot it is good very good the schools need to protect the children. Cameras catch everything from different angles. I think cameras in school is the best way to go. It also is proof of who did what and how it happened. It will help the world if everyone got security cameras. I would be happy.

• Substitute teachers enter the land of The Lord of the Flies.

Students know that substitutes can't identify them. I learned to make seating charts as I took roll, but there are many reasons for students to leave their seats, and it can be very difficult to assure the return of a student to the original location. Once that begins, disruptive acting-out can escalate. I substituted in classrooms where students injured themselves or others, and it was difficult to identify uncooperative students, after the fact, without a picture. I'm afraid to substitute now, because I feel unable to assure student safety, not to mention my own, in such situations. Video monitoring could reduce that danger.

Posted by: MrE
  • This can prevent bullying, stealing, etc.

To catch people who bully others, vandalize, steal, litter, eat in class, drink in class, teachers who abuse, etc. Furthermore, if someone was framed, this can be used as evidence. Moreover, the person doing the above could be punished depending on what he/she did. Finally, it can be used to prevent people from using phones in class during lessons or at other times when you are not supposed to use them. This won't be distracting as there are many video cameras in many countries and nobody notices them. Not only that, those that said that this can be used to spy on others are idiots as this footage can only be viewed by the staff. This won't distract them as many people people have been in places with cameras and nobody seems distracted or paranoid. If you have nothing to hide then embrace the cameras and security.

• It will make the students anxious

I am in school and I wouldn’t feel comfortable if I knew that someone is always watching me. We don’t always feel like studying, We get bored or we maybe want to say something to someone but with the cameras over our heads it would make us unsafe to do it, Which is not really comfortable. We should feel comfortable and safe in schools and with cameras it wouldn’t be possible. I think the teachers always know who the ones are that are doing bad things so cameras aren’t needed. .

• Use get get

Cut hey cyst Frye bend fin so that i with have a plan for good feet of happened gas Dalmatia Nanak fuel BC bright h, Hey hey hey her me is Jr or fund shy be very by his or or from HF of happened gas Dalmatia Nanak fuel BC bright hey her me is Jr or from HF of happened gas Dalmatia Nanak fuel BC bright hey her me is Jr or from fund I of happened gas Dalmatia Nanak fuel BC bright hey

• Do you want privacy? !

CCTV cameras r there just to prove to the kids they don't trust u.
    Being watched 24/7 in a classroom is uncomfortable for the teacher and the students.
    Is privacy a thing anymore?
    CCTV cameras aren't needed more then they say. What are they going to do? See who was being bad in class?
    Or if it was to check that there isn't bullying. . . That's the students problem and yes, If it is bad teachers should get involved because it could end up bad. But that doesn't mean invading EVERY kids privacy is the right thing to do. . . Just saying.

• Its a invasion of privacy

Many students have claimed that it makes them feel uncomfortable having a camera always watching them. It blatantly inappropriate to have people be filmed without any consent to it whatsoever. One statistic showed that 17 out of 18 students in a class felt uncomfortable with the idea of being filmed

• No, Just no

Students do not feel comfortable when being monitored at all times. They will not feel free to talk about anything with their teachers. They would make provocative gestures at the cameras and it would disrupt the class. The students wouldn't open up with their teachers. I am a teacher myself and I prefer if we do not have cameras in my classroom.

• Cameras should be installed in classrooms

I say this because the student can feel uneasy in the classroom because everything they say and do is being recorded and this will limit the exchange of knowledge. It can also creat an atmosphere of feta and distrust between the teacher and a student. Another reason is the student may hesitate to raise their hand because they are scared of messing up and getting made fun of or talked about because of their mistake

• It invades privacy

Lets say you want to tell a friend a secret but then you are afraid to because you know there are video cameras. What do you do? Tell it and have your secret known to someone who may tell to another person and start a rumor or just not tell? Big problem

• No no no

We are not in a prison No can act normally realizing that he is observed all the time. Spying cameras are not fair for teachers and students. They would make them feel nervous all the time. No one enjoys being looked at while sleeping or in the bathroom. What's going on in the classroom between teachers and students should be normal interaction for learning. With Cameras on all the time means self torturing for both students and teachers
    S

• Why we shouldnt.

Huge distraction for kids who may have ADHD and it is a invasion of property. The financial pay for the cameras would be to great and it could be used for other things than cameras like textbooks, That teachers seem to be complaining about and it could give teachers a raise if they want.

• Cameras create a hostile atmosphere in the classroom.

Studies have shown that having a camera in the classroom creates an atmosphere of mistrust and lack of respect for the privacy of the students. The students would feel as though they were not trusted and thus always be on edge for fear of getting accused of something they didn't do.