• Teacher Feedback from Texas

Yes! Yes, please do this. This would be the quickest way to fix our education system at very little cost. Give parents a code to do real time virtual visits to the classroom. Observe teachers not just for accountability, but for training purposes. Get rid of behavior management problems on the spot! Are you aware of the thousands of dollars that are spent every day in U.S. Schools just dealing with classroom management? Schools should have glass walls and this is the easiest way to have them.

• Why are teachers so threatened by this idea?

My niece, who has autism, was bullied and treated badly by teachers and aides. Because of her disability, she is not able to express emotions, or even explain what happened. This is a MUST for special needs classrooms! There should be NO debate!
    As far as a regular classroom, why not? Why are teachers so threatened? What are they afraid of? The classroom is NOT a private place. This is NOT an invasion of privacy! I think any teacher who does not want this has something to hide!

• They'd tell us what is happening

Especially if you have been a student in a -particularly- rowdy class, I do believe having constant watch over students, their possessions, and their actions will lead to a safer and better learning environment for all students, and make teaching for the teacher easier since keeping students within reasonable control is not one of the things he/she has to worry about. For example, if some student throws an object at someone else, the teacher might have been writing on the board, completely oblivious to who had done so, and have no idea as to who did it. With a camera and access to recorded footage, the teacher can easily identify and discipline the one (or more) students who had thrown the object.

• This would prevent abuse both from teachers and from students

A camera in the classroom should be able to put everyone on their best behavior. It would be a deterrent against abusive behaviors. Also, this could be used to show parents their child might engage in, in the classroom. As a teacher, I would love to have a camera in the classroom as I strive to behave professionally towards students. Sometimes, I encounter aggressive and inappropriate behavior. Talking to a parent of an abusive student would benefit from a short video of the incident.

• Yes, Parents would no longer be cut out of their child Education.

I believe cameras should be in schools. Not just to stop bad teachers from hitting or touching our kids. Not just to make sure CRT and Common core are gone. Not just make sure our children are being tough history and not political agenda. Not just to hold the schools to keep to there own rules. All of these reasons and one more. Bullying would go unmissed. When my child was in second grade she had 3 little boys telling her they where going to kill her, Brake her bones, And even choking her. When I brought it to the school they tried to tell me they did something about it, But she come home and tell me how the teacher yield at her for another child calling her a B**ch. Remember this is 2 grade I am talking about. The school went as so far to tell me. It was my own child fault kids where hurting her and threatening her life. I was not aloud to know what happened in the classroom, Who the children where, Or even WHAT was being done about it. A camera in the classroom would of put an end to all of it. SO YES all classrooms should have cameras for our children's safety.

• Parents would no longer be cut out of their kids daily life

Teachers can say anything to your child and your not going to know. A camera would make sure teachers would have to keep in line and keep their hands off kids. Bullies would be spotted and handled with in 24 hours. Camera are a must have in all class rooms.

• This will protect everyone involved

Not only will the teachers be protected from false accusations of mistreatment and possibly incompetence, But the students will be protected from harrassment, Bullying and the forced indoctrination by radical, Anti-American teachers with an agenda. Parents and school boards should be allowed to see what is occurring in our public school classrooms.

• Secure, Private access of cameras in the classroom, Would be protection for all.

We have doggie daycares & vet clinics with
    secure private access cameras (spac). We have pre-school & daycares with spacs. I was able to see my new grandbaby at certain times, While she was in the NICU when she was born. There’s police body cams, There are cameras on every street corner and there is even Google Earth, Where you can see anyone’s house from the app! With privacy security codes, The technology is there to protect facial recognition, Security and privacy, AND teachers can have proof when accused of wrong doing by child, Parent, Co-worker or leadership or any others. . Parents can be more aware of what’s being taught and assignment requirements and any discipline issues! I see it as a win-win!

• Closed rooms are invitations for arrogance and abuse

Not only cameras, But plexi glass/bullet proof windows and open campus that parents can visit at any time! I made surprise visits at the school my children attended in 1988! And let me tell you about the abuse that I observed going on in the classrooms. I was warned not to show up on unannounced again. Needless to say, I took my children out of that private school and place them in a local school immediately. This school I was able to visit. For several grade levels my 2nd son was traumatized by the past

• Hihihihihih hihih nihi

BsVHEFLJKBHIWDFLV KBFIHJOS AJVAji djoagj e pis h cj ag RP Ri r raih vkn vdjfd ojkfd fdlk fdlkOFDS BD[OL NBADPOKBNAQNB DFQO NDF]G NFE NF]P FEP]KN FDP]N ]PNP N OJF JOJOJDJA]DFNA]DFKNAD[F'LO ML;FAGDKM LDVKM LK F KD LFD FDLKN DLFK NLDJF FDJ KJDF FDLM LFKAD LFDA DFM MFD V M MF L

• No. Video cameras have begun to invade privacy.

These days, parents are obsessed with monitoring everything about their kids, but taping their education is not the solution. The cameras would be a distraction, and eager parents would not be able to resist watching and interfering constantly. In general, cameras are already too pervasive in society. It has created a culture of big brother watching every last action, and this prevents people from acting normally because everyone feels they are being watched.

• Cameras are distracting.

Classrooms should not have cameras, due to the fact that if there are cameras in the classroom, most children are going to focus on the camera. Do you seriously think students are going to be focusing on the teacher when there's a big, shiny, black thing sticking out of the ceiling?

• Cameras are distracting.

Classrooms should not have cameras due to the fact that if there are cameras in the classroom, most children are going to focus on the camera. Do you seriously think students are going to be focusing on the teacher, when there's a big, shiny, black thing sticking out of the ceiling?

• I do not believe that classrooms should have cameras because they are distracting and costly.

I have three main contentions, which are.. it will cost to much for the little amounts of benefits it provides. It will distract the students and lower the quality of education. It will prove ineffective and will " INVADE PRIVACY". Cameras inside a classroom?? Alot of people say yes because some people could do bad things.

• The idea of cameras in classrooms is an absolutely sick one, it has nothing to do with pedagogy, but with prisons, terror, discomfort, guilt, etc

The idea of camera surveillance in classrooms is an absolutely sick one, it has got nothing to do with pedagogy, but with the penitentiary space, with prisons, terror, punishment, discomfort, etc. It induces a constant feeling of guilt, to students, as well as to teachers. If you are a real professional, as a teacher,or even if you are just a normal person, claiming a right to normality, especially in schools, you realize that camera surveillance in class is something coming from paranoid people who cannot lead the activity through normal behavior. I could never teach and dedicate myself to the teaching and learning process with a camera spy on me. School and pedagogy are not "tv broadcast", show, machine, or a space for others to constantly spy on people`s moves, reactions, etc. Pedagogy means emotional comfort, and it is about trying to understand each other and to grow together. Under such prison like conception and conditions, it is impossible to work. Teacher training and school inspections could never be realized through this sick intrusion. On the other hand, students in any environment cannot be treated as convicts. It is against the very idea of school at its very core. Cameras in class cannot protect people from violence, lunatics can always sort out other methods, angles, areas, etc if they wish to attack the people around them. On the corridors, nearby doors, etc, it is ok, but the classroom is a sacred and private space for wisdom and light, not a concentration camp or a robot space. It is like somebody would try to dictate every thought, word, move,,etc.
    I think that pedagogy and school`s goals are precisely to educate people through humane means,through professionalism and responsibility, not suspicion, and paranoid or negative behaviorist-watch-over and punishment methods. We need patience, responsibility, psychology, counseling, Christian counseling, etc. Nobody (principals, colleagues, etc), has the right to intervene in such a brutal way in the activity of teachers and students. The ideas of principles having those classrooms images and the classrooms activity on their screens in their offices, live, anytime, etc, is simply one that makes one think about insanity, judgmental attitude, blackmail and intimidation towards teachers and students,,,,and I cannot accept any other truth. "Hey move, move", fast, fast"(left, right...etc)-isn't this how these spy abusers "kick" students and teachers while studying in class? Mind control,intimidation, judgment,psychological torture coming from the most dirtiest political like (maybe) environment are keywords associated with the idea of cameras in class. Principles or other "colleagues" have no right to impose such things on us, teachers who know what teaching means.Anyone who does that is unprofessional, abusive and should go for teacher training in a high security prison if they like that so much!This world is far from being a free and sane one, and we do not need to pervert minds , nor to create zombies, but to educate souls and minds and to enhance creativity, competence and excellence!

• Video cameras are not okay in classrooms because they invade privacy.

A student could get harassed by someone that is viewing the video and students don't like having someone spying on them. Most of the parents don't want their children being spied on by someone they don't know personally. The teachers also can't play some learning games like fact or fiction that their students use to learn.

• Students have the right to a certain level of privacy.

Students should be able to choose whether or not their faces or their voices show up when they are being played back or listened to by anyone that has permission to look at them. The teachers should be able to choose if they want video cameras or not. The students would look at the video cameras while they are in certain classes

• Camera would cause disruption.

The reason students shouldn't have cameras in the classroom is because it would cause disruption. It would also be weird to be taking or recording random people in class without them knowing. Why have a camera in the classroom when it just creepy to be doing that to random people? We shouldn't have cameras in the classroom because it takes away from learning and education time and it causes chaos.

• Cameras shouldn't be allowed to be installed in classrooms because of attitude.

If cameras were installed in classrooms there would be a dramatic change in attitude. Students that might have been bullying before are usually the ones who don't care if they get in trouble. The victims of bullying would not have the chance to do anything about it. They would have to trust that the cameras would catch the bullying on film. Kids that were the culprits of bullying would probably do more of it than they did before because they would want to look tough on film. That's why I think that video cameras in classrooms would be a bad idea and should not be installed inside the classroom perimeter.

• Cameras shouldn't be allowed in classrooms.

It will cost too much for the little amounts of benefits it provides and for the students who are studying there, it just be like you're being spied on. Plus for all the student they won't be learning anything from the teacher they will just be looking at the camera for the whole class.