• Yes

I believe that in a culture where bullying and irresponsible teaching has become central, video cameras are not a bad idea. I do not believe this right would be executed unfairly and is simply a measure of safety for the students and a monitor of teachers to preform their job correctly.

• If used responsibly.

While I am against intrusive surveillance, I don't think that there is really any expectation of privacy within a school classroom. It would help to ensure that both the teachers and the students didn't do anything irresponsible, and, if it did happen, there would be video evidence. I would prefer if the video itself didn't extend past the principal of the school under normal circumstances, though. There's no reason the government needs to see it.

• They Would Help

Yes, classrooms should have video cameras. Having video cameras in the classroom would make both the teachers and older students monitor their behavior a little more. Kids would not be so quick to misbehave since their actions would be recorded and could be replayed for parents and authorities. Teachers might also improve their classroom skills since principals would probably scan videos to monitor performance. So even though classroom cameras could be termed an invasion of privacy by many, the benefits outweigh the invasion.

• Yes, cameras could be a huge help

Having cameras installed in each individual classroom can help stop bullying and violence in the classroom. There are cases of teacher abuse that could be easily detected before they get out of hand if only video surveillance is available. We have the technology to patrol all of our country's classrooms from locations throughout, we should take advantage of it.

Posted by: jus
  • Show What is Really going on

Teachers unions dont want the cameras in the classrooms due to mistrust? Well of course having the superintendent in the classroom the teacher will do his job. When your boss is standing over your shoulder, are you not going to do the best possible job? My childs education is important. He is not going to school to learn how to be lazy and do nothing. When I see some of the paperwork from my child's teacher, it says my son did this or did that. We switched school districts. In one day at the new district, same type of IEP program or special needs or whatever they call it, my son came home with more work in that one day than he did a whole month at his other school. For the whole next week he came home tired from learning with good reports from his teacher. We have since moved back into his old school district, and now the reports of kids doing this and kids doing that. What exactly are these teachers doing in class that allow these kids to behave badly? It is sad that at a school that challenges my kids education, all I get is good reports... but at a school where my kid sits in the same room with really really special needs kids and the only thing wrong with my kid is he is hyper, he gets reports that are really bad? I would like to see cameras in classrooms. How can one school challenge my kid so much and help him to learn so much that he comes home tired with good behavior reports and this school cant do a dang thing?

• Cameras should be In classrooms.

Cameras should be in classrooms because what I was always taught was that school is for learning. The teachers teach and kids learn. If there are cameras in classrooms, people would respect their classroom and even their teachers a bit more. There's nothing to hide, so why hide it with no cameras?

• In case of emergencies, cameras are useful.

I think maybe only one camera should be in the classroom in case someone steals something or someone is cheating on a test. Teachers will be able to catch them by looking at the camera. Anther reason is because there might be someone with a weapon, and the camera will catch the student with the weapon.

• Kids need safety.

Schools should have cameras because of the safety it would provide, not to mention a level of safeness the students and staff would have because of the cameras. The students will be able to pull less stuff. The level of bullying will definitely go down. Isn't that what the students deserve?

• Yes because cameras don't lie.

"A picture is worth a thousand words." Then a video record is worth a million! Being able to show parents how their child behaves in a classroom would be a "wake up" call for both redemptive and proactive action. A video record would be conclusive proof as to what actually happened in a classroom and would save time, money and heartache.

It would also, to put it bluntly, "blow the public's" mind and hopefully begin a meaningful dialogue.

• It would be beneficial, especially for children with special needs.

As a mother of a child with autism with low verbal communication skills, I feel that it would be extremely helpful to know what is going on in the classroom. My son has come home several times with scratches on him and no response from his teacher. When I try to contact her I do not get an answer. This is a grave burden on myself as a mother, and on any parents who have a child with disabilities because of the lack of verbal skills. I have already got an attorney and I am fighting to have cameras installed in my sons classroom as well as have him integrated in general education, along with other factors that would improve his learning abilities.

• Because pls because

Because
    hackers can get into everything and hack it so we wouldnt have any cameras pls dont have cameras then it invades your privacy and hakcers can get in and hack it then life would always not be privite so this is why i say no and pls and thank you

• Noooooooo way! !!!!!!!!!!!

Students already have enough stress doing work or while writing a test, but with a security camera, THAT"S A WHOLE NEW LEVEL OF STRESS! Student's will be so pressured to do right, they will end up doing wrong! Plus, they need their privacy incase they are doing something when they are the only ones in the class. They would overall be extremely paranoid that someone is watching them

• No focus for students

Students will only be focusing on wether they are being watched than listening to the teacher that is in front teaching an important lesson. There will probably be even more fighting because students will be uptight and tense. So no, i don't want to be watched by the government in school

• No way hosay

This is a violation of human rights against children. The fact that this is even an opinion is shocking. Children and humans not cattle or inmates in prison. They are there to learn not to be observed. Some of these suggestions towards security cameras is shocking SHOCKING I TELL YOU. Ridiculous

• Kidnappers and hackers.

Their kidnappers and hackers around the world that can follow you home or to school.And it is dangerous to go alone to and the hackers can hack the cameras to steel someone or some thing so no cameras at school just to stay safe and stay as in a group.

• This will disrupt the learning environment

Classrooms shouldn't have security cameras. Being watched already makes people act odd AND THATS THE LAST THING WE NEED FROM STUDENTS. It would also be a huge distraction and change learning patterns. IT is a waste of money and may ruin kids who cherish their privacy from their education. Cool.

• Yah ba dah ba dooo

Report Post

• Noooooooo more cameras!!!!

We already have a parent getting in a business, school where we can get a break from them spying on what we do! Us kids want to live are life without haveing to look over a shoulder with someone there to spy on us and seeing what we are doing.

• It Is Ridiculous

Why have cameras when you got tons in the hallways.Cameras not only benefits kids but teachers too , All cameras do is distract kids from everything. KIds not even bad in classrooms, they act there worst in hallways. So ask yourself , is buying more cameras to go in classrooms that necessary ?

• No, Just No.

It is really scary to think that there are actually people that support this. Its like the people that support Donald Trump. It is morally wrong to invade the privacy of kids as young as 5 years old. Plus, most schools actually don't have bullying and theft problems, and punishing all of them like this is unfair. Think about if a student is having a hard time with something, and a video is recorded of it. These things, no matter how hard we try to get rid of them, stay around forever. Imagine that same video coming up when the kid is trying to get a job. You might say that no - one will see it but the people reviewing the tapes, but one click and its uploaded to the web. Also, the tapes from the cameras will just take up disk space, slow wi-fi, and not do anything. Paying for the cameras are also a big deal. Most schools would rather get new books and desks than pay for their students to be stalked, and frankly, I agree.