• Yes

I believe that in a culture where bullying and irresponsible teaching has become central, video cameras are not a bad idea. I do not believe this right would be executed unfairly and is simply a measure of safety for the students and a monitor of teachers to preform their job correctly.

• If used responsibly.

While I am against intrusive surveillance, I don't think that there is really any expectation of privacy within a school classroom. It would help to ensure that both the teachers and the students didn't do anything irresponsible, and, if it did happen, there would be video evidence. I would prefer if the video itself didn't extend past the principal of the school under normal circumstances, though. There's no reason the government needs to see it.

• They Would Help

Yes, classrooms should have video cameras. Having video cameras in the classroom would make both the teachers and older students monitor their behavior a little more. Kids would not be so quick to misbehave since their actions would be recorded and could be replayed for parents and authorities. Teachers might also improve their classroom skills since principals would probably scan videos to monitor performance. So even though classroom cameras could be termed an invasion of privacy by many, the benefits outweigh the invasion.

• Yes, cameras could be a huge help

Having cameras installed in each individual classroom can help stop bullying and violence in the classroom. There are cases of teacher abuse that could be easily detected before they get out of hand if only video surveillance is available. We have the technology to patrol all of our country's classrooms from locations throughout, we should take advantage of it.

Posted by: jus
  • Show What is Really going on

Teachers unions dont want the cameras in the classrooms due to mistrust? Well of course having the superintendent in the classroom the teacher will do his job. When your boss is standing over your shoulder, are you not going to do the best possible job? My childs education is important. He is not going to school to learn how to be lazy and do nothing. When I see some of the paperwork from my child's teacher, it says my son did this or did that. We switched school districts. In one day at the new district, same type of IEP program or special needs or whatever they call it, my son came home with more work in that one day than he did a whole month at his other school. For the whole next week he came home tired from learning with good reports from his teacher. We have since moved back into his old school district, and now the reports of kids doing this and kids doing that. What exactly are these teachers doing in class that allow these kids to behave badly? It is sad that at a school that challenges my kids education, all I get is good reports... but at a school where my kid sits in the same room with really really special needs kids and the only thing wrong with my kid is he is hyper, he gets reports that are really bad? I would like to see cameras in classrooms. How can one school challenge my kid so much and help him to learn so much that he comes home tired with good behavior reports and this school cant do a dang thing?

• Cameras should be In classrooms.

Cameras should be in classrooms because what I was always taught was that school is for learning. The teachers teach and kids learn. If there are cameras in classrooms, people would respect their classroom and even their teachers a bit more. There's nothing to hide, so why hide it with no cameras?

• In case of emergencies, cameras are useful.

I think maybe only one camera should be in the classroom in case someone steals something or someone is cheating on a test. Teachers will be able to catch them by looking at the camera. Anther reason is because there might be someone with a weapon, and the camera will catch the student with the weapon.

• Kids need safety.

Schools should have cameras because of the safety it would provide, not to mention a level of safeness the students and staff would have because of the cameras. The students will be able to pull less stuff. The level of bullying will definitely go down. Isn't that what the students deserve?

• Yes because cameras don't lie.

"A picture is worth a thousand words." Then a video record is worth a million! Being able to show parents how their child behaves in a classroom would be a "wake up" call for both redemptive and proactive action. A video record would be conclusive proof as to what actually happened in a classroom and would save time, money and heartache.

It would also, to put it bluntly, "blow the public's" mind and hopefully begin a meaningful dialogue.

• It would be beneficial, especially for children with special needs.

As a mother of a child with autism with low verbal communication skills, I feel that it would be extremely helpful to know what is going on in the classroom. My son has come home several times with scratches on him and no response from his teacher. When I try to contact her I do not get an answer. This is a grave burden on myself as a mother, and on any parents who have a child with disabilities because of the lack of verbal skills. I have already got an attorney and I am fighting to have cameras installed in my sons classroom as well as have him integrated in general education, along with other factors that would improve his learning abilities.

• We are not in a prison

No can act normally realizing that he is observed all the time.Spying cameras are not fair for teachers and students.They would make them feel nervous all the time. No one enjoys being looked at while sleeping or in the bathroom.What's going on in the classroom between teachers and students should be normal interaction for learning.With Cameras on all the time means self torturing for both students and teachers

• Why Would There Be A Teacher Then

If there is a teacher then why would there be a teacher in the class room if they can't watch there own students. Yeah she can teach, but now they can teach online so there is no point except for them to watch there kids. So what i'm saying is that if a teacher can't even watch there kids then they don't even need to be teachers anymore.

• I’m on the opposing side of cameras.

Should schools really have cameras?I’m on the opposing side of cameras.
    Cameras are something that is watching you 5 times a week when you are at school.Another thing is cameras are meant to guard prisons and military bases do we need that much security or discipline watching us I think not.Something else is what if the cameras mess up and they have to pay to fix them.Would that mess up the budget or what if the cameras keep messing up multiple times.
    All I’m saying is that cameras are bad and they invade a lot of the students privacy and it may be uncomfortable for them with the thought of something always watching them while they are at school.

• We should not have any cameras

Cameras make students feel uncomfortable and feel constantly that people are watching them. If someone were to break into a school for blooding students would be hiding correct? Well he/ she would be able to see the students and know that they are in the school. Though it's not a very good reason doesn't mean it can't happen to you.

• It invades privacy of students

It gives kids suspicious thoughts and they don't have as much privacy as they did when there weren't camera's in school.People should be trusted to not have cameras in school watching them 5 days a week.It also could make them not want to go to that school any more because of the cameras.

• I Am 100% Against this

I just left a class in a business building at the university I attend, sitting in a class that was being monitored by the camera and microphone. Even though it is pointed pretty much at the teacher, this makes me feel extremely uncomfortable and a lot more like a robot enslaved by a fucked up system. The idea of cameras in a classroom is just disgusting and it makes me upset to see it happening at my campus.

• Its just creepy

Its just creepy some man or women paid to watch you every single hour of the day not only is it creepy its extremely uncomfortable no one usually enjoys being watched its super super weird its kinda like your being stocked or some thing no one should have to worry about.

• I say no

If there were to be any terrorist attack or shooting they could check the cameras and find the students. Plus would Ben very costy. And they could easily be hacked and cause distractions in class. It can perform many benefits but can still cause many problems. Schools shouldn't have cameras

• Privacy,and costs of schools

Every year there are more and more problems with camas in classrooms they invade private matters and cost a lot of money many kids can give priviate information in classrooms and it can be hacked and seen by bad people however it might help having cameras in some classes therefore yes and no......

• Not Needed If Teachers Are Present

When teachers are in the classroom, then the students will be watched by that trained and trusted teacher (I understand that in some cases the teacher may need to be watched, but we aren't referring to that. We are talking about trained and trusted teachers). If anything goes wrong then the teacher can call to ask for help, or send the student to the office.