• Yes, Parents would no longer be cut out of their child Education.

I believe cameras should be in schools. Not just to stop bad teachers from hitting or touching our kids. Not just to make sure CRT and Common core are gone. Not just make sure our children are being tough history and not political agenda. Not just to hold the schools to keep to there own rules. All of these reasons and one more. Bullying would go unmissed. When my child was in second grade she had 3 little boys telling her they where going to kill her, Brake her bones, And even choking her. When I brought it to the school they tried to tell me they did something about it, But she come home and tell me how the teacher yield at her for another child calling her a B**ch. Remember this is 2 grade I am talking about. The school went as so far to tell me. It was my own child fault kids where hurting her and threatening her life. I was not aloud to know what happened in the classroom, Who the children where, Or even WHAT was being done about it. A camera in the classroom would of put an end to all of it. SO YES all classrooms should have cameras for our children's safety.

• Parents would no longer be cut out of their kids daily life

Teachers can say anything to your child and your not going to know. A camera would make sure teachers would have to keep in line and keep their hands off kids. Bullies would be spotted and handled with in 24 hours. Camera are a must have in all class rooms.

• This will protect everyone involved

Not only will the teachers be protected from false accusations of mistreatment and possibly incompetence, But the students will be protected from harrassment, Bullying and the forced indoctrination by radical, Anti-American teachers with an agenda. Parents and school boards should be allowed to see what is occurring in our public school classrooms.

• Secure, Private access of cameras in the classroom, Would be protection for all.

We have doggie daycares & vet clinics with
    secure private access cameras (spac). We have pre-school & daycares with spacs. I was able to see my new grandbaby at certain times, While she was in the NICU when she was born. There’s police body cams, There are cameras on every street corner and there is even Google Earth, Where you can see anyone’s house from the app! With privacy security codes, The technology is there to protect facial recognition, Security and privacy, AND teachers can have proof when accused of wrong doing by child, Parent, Co-worker or leadership or any others. . Parents can be more aware of what’s being taught and assignment requirements and any discipline issues! I see it as a win-win!

• Closed rooms are invitations for arrogance and abuse

Not only cameras, But plexi glass/bullet proof windows and open campus that parents can visit at any time! I made surprise visits at the school my children attended in 1988! And let me tell you about the abuse that I observed going on in the classrooms. I was warned not to show up on unannounced again. Needless to say, I took my children out of that private school and place them in a local school immediately. This school I was able to visit. For several grade levels my 2nd son was traumatized by the past

• Hihihihihih hihih nihi

BsVHEFLJKBHIWDFLV KBFIHJOS AJVAji djoagj e pis h cj ag RP Ri r raih vkn vdjfd ojkfd fdlk fdlkOFDS BD[OL NBADPOKBNAQNB DFQO NDF]G NFE NF]P FEP]KN FDP]N ]PNP N OJF JOJOJDJA]DFNA]DFKNAD[F'LO ML;FAGDKM LDVKM LK F KD LFD FDLKN DLFK NLDJF FDJ KJDF FDLM LFKAD LFDA DFM MFD V M MF L

• Safety is uncompromisable. There is no alternative. Any informed person knows the critical deterrence security cameras hold.

Horrifying crimes can and do happen in the environments of our children, And any informed person knows the critical deterrence security cameras hold. Too many crimes and exploitation of children happen in schools, And it is imperative that such instances are apprehended immediately and without impunity. There can be no exceptions allowed. They are also for emergency use. Just because one school has good adults and is safe makes no exceptions for others.
    The only way to ensure a fair and safe environment, Assurance of security and protection for kids, Is unquestionable evidence of the truth. Anyone who doubts this is vastly unaware of the drastic consequences on justice cameras frequently serve. Unspeakable evils happen at schools without the surveillance accountability we are very fortunate to have. We have all seen the predators present in our schools. The greatest of evils are enabled without the deterrence of security cameras. Any informed person knows of the vital, Uncompromisable importance cameras hold for upholding the integrity of schools.
    School is a public space where responsibility of behavior is expected, And cameras are a failsafe that uphold security and ensure academic justice for kids.
    Safety is the number one priority above all else.
    Cameras are also cheaper than police and unauthorized use is prohibited and virtually never happens.

• It makes everything easier for everyone.

There are roughly 30 kids for every teacher in a classroom. One teacher cannot watch the actions of every student, And if there happens to be a problem that gets brought up days later, They most likely will not be able to recall who was doing what. A teacher's job is to teach the students in their classrooms, Not to watch each and every single one of them and their actions. A student's responsibility is to learn and complete their classwork, They don't need any sort of privacy in the classroom because they should not be doing anything requiring privacy; using the restroom does require privacy hence the lack of cameras in and near the bathrooms.
    There has been more than one occasion in my life where a camera in the classroom would have saved so much time and energy for everyone involved. I know plenty of people who have been falsely accused of things that resulted in them being suspended and even expelled. Their futures could have been ruined so much that they wouldn't have been able to even get a job - they were very lucky they only received expulsion.
    Thank you for listening!

• It a great idea to install cctv in the class room.

First and for most safety comes first and this will definitely help both student and teacher. Secondly i believe issues will be resolve faster with this. There will be less bullying both by the student and the teacher. School will be much safer for the students and the teacher both. Win win situation. But why teacher feel they don't need it. Its kind of concerns me. If you got nothing to hide then why hesitate?

• These could be great primary sources!

In 100 years from now, Someone could find a video record from a random class in 2019. They could find out what it was like in schools in the 20th century in that area of the country; how we behaved what our styles were, Even the culture of the classes.

• The idea of cameras in classrooms is an absolutely sick one, it has nothing to do with pedagogy, but with prisons, terror, discomfort, guilt, etc

The idea of camera surveillance in classrooms is an absolutely sick one, it has got nothing to do with pedagogy, but with the penitentiary space, with prisons, terror, punishment, discomfort, etc. It induces a constant feeling of guilt, to students, as well as to teachers. If you are a real professional, as a teacher,or even if you are just a normal person, claiming a right to normality, especially in schools, you realize that camera surveillance in class is something coming from paranoid people who cannot lead the activity through normal behavior. I could never teach and dedicate myself to the teaching and learning process with a camera spy on me. School and pedagogy are not "tv broadcast", show, machine, or a space for others to constantly spy on people`s moves, reactions, etc. Pedagogy means emotional comfort, and it is about trying to understand each other and to grow together. Under such prison like conception and conditions, it is impossible to work. Teacher training and school inspections could never be realized through this sick intrusion. On the other hand, students in any environment cannot be treated as convicts. It is against the very idea of school at its very core. Cameras in class cannot protect people from violence, lunatics can always sort out other methods, angles, areas, etc if they wish to attack the people around them. On the corridors, nearby doors, etc, it is ok, but the classroom is a sacred and private space for wisdom and light, not a concentration camp or a robot space. It is like somebody would try to dictate every thought, word, move,,etc.
    I think that pedagogy and school`s goals are precisely to educate people through humane means,through professionalism and responsibility, not suspicion, and paranoid or negative behaviorist-watch-over and punishment methods. We need patience, responsibility, psychology, counseling, Christian counseling, etc. Nobody (principals, colleagues, etc), has the right to intervene in such a brutal way in the activity of teachers and students. The ideas of principles having those classrooms images and the classrooms activity on their screens in their offices, live, anytime, etc, is simply one that makes one think about insanity, judgmental attitude, blackmail and intimidation towards teachers and students,,,,and I cannot accept any other truth. "Hey move, move", fast, fast"(left, right...etc)-isn't this how these spy abusers "kick" students and teachers while studying in class? Mind control,intimidation, judgment,psychological torture coming from the most dirtiest political like (maybe) environment are keywords associated with the idea of cameras in class. Principles or other "colleagues" have no right to impose such things on us, teachers who know what teaching means.Anyone who does that is unprofessional, abusive and should go for teacher training in a high security prison if they like that so much!This world is far from being a free and sane one, and we do not need to pervert minds , nor to create zombies, but to educate souls and minds and to enhance creativity, competence and excellence!

• Why? For what purpose?

I didn´t do it, nobody saw me do it, you can´t prove anything. Where would our society be if we could prove all wrongdoing? We need more spaces where people can learn to act poorly without consequences. How else can we create the quality leaders we have in our political system today?

• Cameras shouldn't be allowed in classrooms.

It will cost too much for the little amounts of benefits it provides and for the students who are studying there, it just be like you're being spied on. Plus for all the student they won't be learning anything from the teacher they will just be looking at the camera for the whole class.

• No. Video cameras have begun to invade privacy.

These days, parents are obsessed with monitoring everything about their kids, but taping their education is not the solution. The cameras would be a distraction, and eager parents would not be able to resist watching and interfering constantly. In general, cameras are already too pervasive in society. It has created a culture of big brother watching every last action, and this prevents people from acting normally because everyone feels they are being watched.

• The possibility of abuse of power is too great.

I do not believe that cameras in the classroom would be/will be used to prevent bullying in abuse, rather to police and interfere with teaching. It would be too easy to manipulate and use the tapes in a way that benefits the administration and not the teacher. Furthermore, students and teachers should never be observed without their knowing, and I can see that becoming a problem.

You may wonder why teachers have such a problem with the invasion of privacy. It's not about having something to hide, after all they are frequently observed, and after all the classroom is full of students. It's dehumanizing to have cameras trained on teachers and students at all times. You're treating them like they are all ready criminals, and I think students especially have enough to deal with.

Claiming that this will someone prevent/end teacher or student abuse ignores the real problem. If there is abuse going on there needs to be actual action taken. It's not enough to think that cameras will deter certain actions, as most people will not think of their actions as bullying, and if they do, might be talented in hiding it.

I think schools resemble prisons enough as it is. I do not think students need further reason to feel trapped and exposed. Think about how you would feel, if you had a camera on you while trying to learn.

• I SAY NO!!!

Change in work pattern, more stress for students, the schools will have to put in more money to install and pay someone to review video taps when they could just solve the problem the same way they have for years. Why not use the money for something a little more useful.

• No Cameras At School!!!!!

Of course, to install cameras in areas of privacy such as bathrooms and changing rooms is intrusive and the very vast majority would naturally object. However, one could argue that these become safe havens for those who wish to commit crime, such as theft or drug dealing, knowing full well that cameras were not there to catch out suspects." I do not agree with this. I think there should be cameras in the hallway only.
    By: Ava L

• That's the teacher's job.

Classrooms don't need cameras, because there should be a teacher there in the classroom who can see and address problems that happen without needing a camera to help them. Besides teaching, this is their job. If they can't see what's going on without a security camera to help them, they have no business being a teacher. Plus kids constantly record each other on their phones, doesn't that count as being on camera? If we have the money to put security cameras in classrooms, we have the money to actually fund our schools. I never saw a textbook younger than me in school, let's get new ones! Forget those old dinosaur computers, let's get new computers! Instead of the ones our grandparents have! Let's have toilets that actually flush and library books with all of the pages in them. It's too much big brother and a huge waste of tax payer money.

• I say no.

Shelli Weisberg, the legislative director at the American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan, asked: ‘How do you determine whom you’re going to question if you’ve got video of 50 kids walking out of a locker room following a theft?’
    The principle says. ‘We know who the bad kids are,’ Well, then, why do you need the camera if you already know who the bad kids are?

Hi, everyone. The topic of this debate is ‘Should surveillance cameras be installed in classrooms’.I firmly believes that this statement is false.

Although I also agree that installing surveillance cameras will improve security, we also think that installing them can be controversial. There have been protests and legal action surrounding camera installation at schools internationally, and there are a number of issues to consider before signing off on surveillance. Firstly, cameras are expensive, with some high-end systems costing $500,000 or more, plus annual maintenance fees, for example, The Clay Community Schools Corp in Brazil. Secondly, what problems are you trying to solve with cameras? If you do install cameras, what kind of atmosphere will it create at your school? Most importantly, what do parents and students think?

When word got out that administrators at the Seaholm and Groves high schools in Oakland County were considering installing security cameras, it led students to organize the group SASC, Students against Security Cameras. Its members have attended school board meetings to protest the plan, which they feel would be an unnecessary expense and would promote an atmosphere of distrust in the schools. SASC students even have a Facebook page spelling out their concerns, with more than 850 members so far, not counting their parents and supporting teachers.

You may wonder why teachers have such a problem with the invasion of privacy. It's not like they have anything to hide, but, you also need to consider teachers tend to have different teaching styles. If you did install cameras of observe them, they will become scared, and act abnormal. You see, it's dehumanizing to have cameras trained on teachers and students at all times. You're treating them like they are already criminals and we think students and teachers especially have enough to deal with.

(Continuing below)

• Violation of privacy

I think that security cameras in schools are a good idea. Having them in the entrances and the hallways are a way to cutback on school crime and protect the student population. However, I think that putting those cameras actually within the classroom violates the privacy of both the students and the teachers. Knowing that someone could be watching you at all times may bring security, but it's also able to distract students and teachers and could be harmful to learning. Also, in schools where teaching "by the book" is required, some of the best learning occurs in the 'teachable moments' where an opportunity for teaching something not in the curriculum comes up. These are quite often more interesting to the students than the regular lessons and lectures, and can make class enjoyable. If these cameras in classrooms are abused--as there is a high possibility of them being--a teacher might get 'caught' deviating from the syllabus and it could take away valuable learning opportunities.