Should convicted felons of non-violent and first time offenders of semi-violent crimes (depending on circumstances) have their firearm rights restored once they are released?

• Under the current laws, All felons are painted w/ a pretty broad brush. . . .

Restricting the rights of ALL previously convicted felons seems completely unfair to me no matter how some might try to justify it. Are there people that shouldn't own guns under any circumstances? Of course there are. And based on their intent and nature of their crimes, I don't think it's too hard to figure out who the majority of these people are.

But sometimes, Even previously convicted felons of violent crimes should probably have all their rights restored. There's all kinds of circumstances that might unfortunately lead one human being into harming or killing another. Law-abiding, More or less decent people go to prison every year on first time offender charges of assault, Murder and manslaughter based on circumstances that would lead any other rational person to the conclusion that it was an honest accident or that they had little to no other choice.

Is it rare? Yes, But hardly unheard of.
    Thousands of such people are probably behind bars right now that fit these criteria in the US.

In my opinion, The legislation regarding this problem needs to be reexamined and addressed.

P. S. And I know some of you are wondering so NO, I am NOT a convicted felon. Just a person who calls injustice and hypocrisy for what it is.

• No cannot be trusted.

Why do people even get non violent felonies? They were driving drunk or they had drugs. That is a non violent felony but in my book that proves that they do not deserve to own guns. Guns and drugs and alcohol are bad when combined together. And I hear that excuse all the time. "I had no choice. " "I made a mistake. " "I will never do it again" "trust me" and then they do it again.

And then "semi" violent felonies. What did they do beat their wife or beat up random person. I do not them to have a gun at all. Sure they are nice people but they cannot control their angry. They change into the hulk and they have no control. You keep weapons far away from those people. They will hulk out.

Guns should only belong to people who can control themselves. A wife got killed because her husband who had a record of violence shot her. If he didn't have a gun then maybe she would have survived with a few fractures and bruises.

Yeah you would advocate to giving guns to felons but you do not live with them, You must live in some posh and safe place. I know former felons because I have to deal with them.