Should creation be allowed to be taught in science classrooms?

Asked by: bjhqi
  • God is the true Creator

While I try not to force my belief on other people I believe that the Creator gave us a purpose here and that we should share it with the world! I'm being serious! Since we All agree that the universe was created some time if you believe the story of evolution let me ask you some thing what about the fossil records there are huge and I mean huge gaps between timeline if it would take say 2 years to change a frog in to a human or a dog into a cat wouldn't there be plenty of fossils? If you believe the big band theory where did the 2 molecules come from? Everything as a beginning and a lot of evidence points to God or and intelligent designer.

God bless!

• If it were true, Shouldn't it be taught?

Hypothetically, If creation were true, And there was evidence to support this, Wouldn't it be wrong on many levels to not teach it? It would be morally fair to the Creator. It would be helpful to the creature.
    In reality, Creation is true and there is sufficient evidence to support this. Therefore, Creation should be taught.

• It should definitely be taught in Christian schools, And teachers should not be allowed to teach against creation.

Biblical creation should definitely be taught in Christian schools, Because the Bible, Not only because of the fact that they are Christian schools but also because the Bible commands parents to train their children in the way of the Lord and I believe schools share part of the responsibility to educate students in the way of the Lord. In public schools, Just as teachers are not legally allowed to proselytise students, Teachers should not teach against creation.

While I believe biblical education is mainly the parents' responsibility, Unfortunately not all parents teach their children about the Lord, The gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and the Lord's commands. I believe the fact that some parents neglect biblical education for their children and training them up in the way of the Lord makes it is even more important for Christian schools to teach students about the Lord Jesus Christ and educate them in a biblical worldview.

Unfortunately in public schools in the USA teachers are not allowed to preach to students, So I am not sure whether it is feasible for teachers to teach creation in public schools. However, I believe that even if Christian teachers are not allowed to proselytise students, With God's help, They can and must still try their very best to educate students in the way of the Lord for His glory, And always remember that Jesus Christ is the truth in their lives and when teaching their students. Although Christian teachers at public schools may not be legally allowed to proselytise, They can still keep in mind biblical commands and the truth and mercy of the Lord Jesus Christ when when teaching students, Setting up classroom rules, Managing students' behavior and in approaching situations involving students.

I believe that the law in some countries state that teachers are allowed to state their religion what they believe when it is relevant to the subject; however, It is important to remember how impressionable students can be. I believe Jesus Christ is Lord and the He died for our sins and resurrected from the dead, However if preschool teachers are allowed to tell those they look after their religion preschool teachers of faiths and beliefs other than Christianity could state their religion to their students, Which could possibly risk preschool children taking note of their teacher's religion and later adopting false beliefs that contradict the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Even though the law may prohibit teachers in public schools to present creation as truth, I believe it should still be allowed to be discussed and be brought up by students.

• It's out of respect for Christian students

I know it's religion but I think that it should be taught. I'm not Christian myself but aside from evolution, Teaching this (and other religious theories of how we came to be) reflects what many people believe. Schools should teach that while this may not be the scientific theory of how we came to be, We should respect that other people will believe what they believe.

• It is a theory just like any other

Every Human coming theory is only a theory, And so is creation, And while i believe creation to be true for this we will say that is is a theory.
    Every theory darvinism, Etc. Have evidence for them, And against them and so does the creation theory, So why not teach all the theories instead of just one or two?

• It is a science class, Not a religion class

Respecting others opinions, I think that if we're talking about science in a class, We cannot just go there and say that from nothing we got humans. In a science class the teachers should teach what the science believes in, If it was in a religion class they can teach what the religion believes in.

• Science is Science, Not religion

In Science class, You are often met with a "law" (for example, Newton's law(s)) that is followed and has scientific and logical proof backing it up.
    In religion, However, It is just a belief that humans MADE UP in order to explain the wonders of the world. It has no evidence backing it up.

• Religion and science don't mix.

First, There is strong evidence for Darwin's Theory of Evolution. I have yet to see a convincing proof saying that the Creator exists.

Two, The concept of creation is religious. And there is also a law stating that there is separation between the church and the state. (Note: Government funded schools are part of the state. )

Three, The concept of creation is found in only certain religion. For example, There is no God in Buddhism or Traditional Chinese. Since there are so many different religions, Teaching something that only applies to certain religion seems absurd.

• Use of the scientific method

Science, By definition, Uses the scientific method to determine if ideas should be accepted as part of mainstream science. Peer review is used to ensure this method is applied properly. No peer reviewed information has been accepted that supports creation as the source of life on this planet. To be clear, Exolution is separate from abiogenesis, Which is the process thought to be the source of life.

• Science, Not religion

Science always is constantly testing different theories. Theories like the Big Bang have withstood the test of time and have lots of evidence to back them up. Cosmic Microwave radiation is likely a remain of the Big Bang and the theory has lots of evidence towards it. Likewise, Darwin’s theory, Not mythological origins of animals, Has lots of evidence and support towards it. Religion, On the other hand, Is basically a myth created back when there wasn’t science to explain weird things. Religion has no proof. Religion is not science.

• It's not needed. . .

Creation is a bit twisted in the sense that creation is mostly like storytelling, Metaphorically these stories are twisted by the creator to tell it from his biased perspective. I do believe in sin and being good is important. Sin is when you do something that is morally wrong and ends up paying the consequences in the long-run. I don't believe that there is a heaven or a hell BECAUSE EARTH IS HELL.

While being good and kind to others lands you a good place in this life. But humans did evolve from apes, No matter how much you like it or not! According to the Smithsonian website humans evolved from primates at least 6 million years ago.

But no I do not think that a fairytale needs to be involved in a study that is backed up with facts.

• Religion is not science

I am not a antitheist. I think that religions can hold moral truths and great wisdom. I do, However, Not think that religious ideas with little to no scientific evidence should be given the same value as established scientific theories with a consensus as broad as Darwin's theory of evolution.

It could be teached in religion class side by side with other religious idea, But not as science.

• Its not needed. . .

Creation is a bit twisted in the sense that creation is mostly like storytelling, Metaphorically these stories are twisted by the creator to tell it from his biased perspective. I do believe in sin and being good is important. Sin is when you do something that is morally wrong and end up paying the consequences in the long-run. I don't believe that there is a heaven or a hell, BECAUSE EARTH IS HELL.

While being good and kind to others lands you a good place in this life. But humans did evolve from apes, No matter how much you like it or not! According to the Smithsonian website humans evolved from primates atleast 6 million years ago.