DDT can be used to get rid of DDt from the world.All we have to do is put a little on our walls.That will kill any mosquitos that touch it and repel other that come close.DDT was used to get rid of Malaria from the US why not Africa and other countries suffering from Malaria as well.
DDT causes no actual damage to animals. The very remote link to thinning egg shells was demonstrated in a ridiculously biased and unprofessional experiment in which DDT was combined with other pesticides that were already well known to cause thinning of egg shells. With Zika on the rise and hundreds of millions dying from Malaria, we need DDT now more than ever. It's really a nobrainer.
It should be legal but only for Malaria control and only in small amounts to other wise it would kill many animals and humans it is also less expensive than other pesticides unlike the "newer and improved" pesticides that are actually more toxic than DDT this is my reasoning why DDT should be legal.
DDT is banned by the US EPA because the associated risks so heavily outweigh any benefits. It causes environmental damage because it does not dissipate. Once ingested, it can accumulate and remain in fatty tissues and can spread into the atmosphere. It has been linked to cancer, and exposure has been linked to reproductive defects in humans and animals. It should only be used, after careful consideration in countries where malaria is a greater threat to human life.
DDT levels measured in the wild even after extensive DDT use as a pesticide have never come close to the levels required to kill organisms as demonstrated by controlled lab experiments.
The supposed link to thinning egg shells was only ever a loose statistical association based on a few types of birds whose shells were already thinning in some cases.
DDT is probably one of the safest pesticides ever discovered, when it comes to poisoning some animals but not others it doesn't get any better than this.
Even though we have been helped in the past with this miracle chemical, no body really knows what could have happened if it grew. Therefore I think there are more negative effects than positive. Could humans have been at risk? Could more species be endangered? How much do we have left?
It kills not only mosquitoes, but also animals. DDT has a role to play; but DDT is not a panacea, DDT is much more toxic to non-target species than other pesticides, DDT's effectiveness fades rapidly with use, and reliance on DDT as a panacea stunts progress in other areas of the fight against malaria.
DDT is not a safe pesticide to use. Many animals, including innocent ones, end up dying because of this pesticide, especially the fish. What about ourselves? The reason why it's considered "safe" is because DDT can't really make it through our skin. But, once in, it could affect us, from tremors, twitches, and headaches, to certain death. So, using DDT could cause
DDT is an extremely harmful pesticide that causes problems for many different organisms and is terrible for the environment. We now have much better technology for farming, and can genetically modify food plants to make them heartier and more disease and pest resistant without creating any environmental risk from toxins like DDT. We should use these newer, safer technologies instead.