• Black lives matter

Black Lives Matter (BLM) is an international activist movement, originating in the African-American community, that campaigns against violence toward black people. BLM regularly organizes protests around the deaths of black people in killings by law enforcement officers, and broader issues of racial profiling, police brutality, and racial inequality in the United States criminal justice system.

In 2013, the movement began with the use of the hashtag #BlackLivesMatter on social media, after the acquittal of George Zimmerman in the shooting death of African-American teen Trayvon Martin. Black Lives Matter became nationally recognized for its street demonstrations following the 2014 deaths of two African Americans: Michael Brown, resulting in protests and unrest in Ferguson, and Eric Garner in New York City.[1][2]

Since the Ferguson protests, participants in the movement have demonstrated against the deaths of numerous other African Americans by police actions or while in police custody, including those of Tamir Rice, Eric Harris, Walter Scott, Jonathan Ferrell, Sandra Bland, Samuel DuBose and Freddie Gray. In the Summer of 2015, Black Lives Matter began to publicly challenge politicians—including politicians in the 2016 United States presidential election—to state their positions on BLM issues. The overall Black Lives Matter movement, however, is a decentralized network and has no formal hierarchy or structure.[3]

• Waste of Time

It's a waste a time. Why do we even need detention. I also hate it when I get detention just for coming late, it's stupid. They should just suspend the student instead giving them stupid detention. They won't eve have free time, because they gotta first be in boring detention, then do homework when they come home, then sleep.

• 100% yes it should be banned.

Detention is detaining a student. I think it is wrong and serves no purpose. Most of the time the detentions are for unfair or really stupid reasons, or are never proved. I got detention once for not signing a paper. That's it. A paper. I didn't do my homework another time and got it. Didn't teach me anything. Both times I forgot the paper and homework in my locker so I couldn't physically sign or do it. It's ridiculous and basically fucking prison. It's like putting me in a jail cell for hours for doing a mistake. It's wrong. Schools shouldn't have the right to FORCE ME to stay in a room for hours after school is over.

• Unfair to pupils

Pupils should not be given detention because staying behind after school is unfair on them and we spend 6 hours in school and when the bell goes we are our parents responsibility so they are just keeping us away from our parents and also our family its just not fair.

• It is an infringement of human rights and only makes the student hate the teacher.

Detention is a waste of time. If a student has allocated a set amount of time to a school, then surely that school does not have the right to hold the student against his or her will. The time outside of school belongs to the student and the student only. Furthermore, it is an inadequate measurement of correction and will only teach the student to hate the teacher.

• Detentions are essential for major misdemeanors - but not for late homework...

Detentions (at least the ones at our school) aren't that unpleasant and they don't make us less likely to do wrong, they're just boring and waste our time. If you want students not to commit the offenses again, then the punishment should be changed. For major misdemeanors, the detention involves actually talking to a teacher about it. But is sitting in a room alone and bored for 20 minutes going to have an effect, preventing future issues?

The things we get detentions for are trivial misdeeds - late homework, uniform infringements etc. I once got a break time detention for wearing the wrong color socks in sports - is that a 'crime' that should be punished? By giving lots of detentions for small matters it makes after school detentions (for serious things) a smaller deal.

• Yes ewjkbvwvuiirvneruviheruivhrevu vjekklfnvkdv

Dcsdbisuvrcvbdsubdufvgvreubvebygvbevuaraylrrrauvuewjwc efve evev efvef vefv ff f f f ff f f f f ff f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f cats

• Detentions are unfair

I live miles away from my school and take a long while to get there, and when I'm late I get a detention. I mean, what am I expected to do, turn on sonic mode? Also I need 15 more words so this should do the job quite nicely, nvm.

• Detentions are awful

Detentions are pointless, a student gets them a lot and it WILL NOT change there attitude, most likely worsen it, because they are getting annoyed with all these detentions, someone really needs to review how this whole system works, at my school if you don't do HomeWork you get a 40 minute AFTER SCHOOL detention, which is REDICULOUS! Absoloutely unacceptable...

• It wont solve anything

The proper way to deal with misbehaving students is to be in contact with their legal parents. Parents are simply notified and should be the only ones deciding what action needs to be taken to correct the behaviour.
    It's pointless since detention commonly consists of staff and are quired to stay in a isolated room without interaction with each other...Its just a stalemate and wastes time.

• They don't learn..

I have been in multiple detentions, it never fazed me. I still kept on mouthing off and not paying attention in class, although after a while, I got my crap straight, and decided to do my home work, and be kind, but until that day, I never learned my lesson from these detentions. But I also have NEVER been tardy in all my years of schooling. I hate being late to things.

• If used for the right ends.

Pupils who don't follow or disturb class miss content. Detention separates them from other disturbing influences and gives them time to make up for the matter they missed. So, if you get a work assignment related to the missed content, detention is a good thing.
    Used as a mere punishment or a way to break somebody in spirit to make them apologize, detention is wrong.
    Detention should be controlled, not abolished.

• Lololol lololol lololol

Olol lolo lo l ol l lo ll ol olol l ol lo l lol ol ol l o lol olo lo l olol o ol olo lo lo lo lo lolol olol l l ol ol ol o l ol o l ol o l ol o l ol ololllollolololllo
    A mi me gustan los frijoles a la olla.

• Osama bin laden

Rip osama bin laden, What a great man he was he did nothing wrong, All he did was make two large buildings fall to the ground in new yorkcity in september 11 2001, Like really what a great man he was really, But aslo really mest up, But yeah thats my opinion why detention should be in schools.

• It is the only way students can learn that what they did was wrong

Sure, We all makes mistakes. But ones large enough to get detention from has got to be a big one. How else are people suppose to learn that their actions have consequences, That what they did was wrong? They won't learn unless they are punished and making them sit in a room with nothing to do but to reflect one their actions is the perfect way to do so.

• Some students don’t care if they get written in discipline sheet so detentions are the one which can help them get better

Students are need for detention since it can lead them to a positive person and begin the life of an actual student so thr student can progress in school and in other subjecg. Furtherless, To become an all round amazing student and to have responsibility of the student himself a.

• Detention is helpful

All kids are less likely to have rude attitudes or break the rules because detention allows the student to reflect and learn about the consequences. So if they ban detentions then how else will they discipline the children so when they become adults this stuff does not become there personality

• D.T should be kept in schools

I recan that D.T 's should be kept in schools because student that do something bad in class / school and if they don't get punneshed then maby they might carry it on in there later life and make the world worse than it already is ,and if they do get punneshed then hopefully they will stop being bad and make the world better

• How else are students meant to learn that their actions have consequences

Sure students could be doing better things . Sure they could be having their education. But teachers do not give out detentions for nothing. Students may claim they have done nothing to upset anyone when the truth is they have disturbed other people's learning. And for their actions there are consequences. Bad behaviour leads to detention. Anyway in detention you don't just sit there. You are given a job to do or if you forget to do your homework you do it. Most teachers are understanding but can get angry at continuous ba.D behaviour or lack of interest in learning

• It does not help children

It does not help children because it is bad for there brain and they can not get no fresh air so they can not stay inside the whole day or they will become lazy so they should go outside and play they will also not learn from what they have done

>